main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 409: Plan of Dissent Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Didn't feel like they made quite as effective use of their run time of this one as opposed to the last two episodes, IMO. But it was a really enjoyable episode nonetheless.

-Loved the Umbarans' blocky hologram technology and the "tinny" quality to Obi Wan's voice.

-TPM references are always welcome.

-Really liked the mop top hairdo on that one clone. Very Kurosawa.

-I wish a sentient being would have been in command of the CIS supply ship.

-Breathtaking space battle shots. I loved how they approached it from below. Made it look even more chaotic!

-Quite a ballsy move by TCW' team to end with the "trial and execution" threat. Imagine being a young viewer trying to cope with Krell's decision.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    [image=http://i41.tinypic.com/5agt1l.jpg]

-----

Rex is an authority figure to Fives, Jesse, and Hardcase and although he may have broken his code once before. Its different when he was infront of them. Plus Cut probably didn't pose a threat to any mission currently at hand or the possibility many, many lives were effected, like Fives plan could have. Theres alot more weight to the decision to support Fives'.

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    [image=http://i43.tinypic.com/2a8kh39.jpg]
    Let the hate floooooowwwwwww through you!

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm not sure if this had been mentioned before, but this whole appoint Krell in Anakin's absence could be a test that Palpatine had put in place. A test to see what would happen if someone like Krell (who I'm sure Palpatine well knows has methods that differ from other Jedi) and Anakin butt heads, especially when Anakin finds out his regiment is decimated because of poor battle tactics enforced by Krell. In fact, I'd be disappointed, if this wasn't the case.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Well then you shouldn't have gotten your hopes up.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    What?

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm saying it's a good idea, but it's never in a million years going to happen, primarily because it is a good idea, and so you shouldn't have gotten your hopes up by saying you'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen, which it won't.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    What happened to the love for DoU? We're right back to pretending the show never does anything good? Great...

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    First impressions were great, no doubt. But my opinions are dynamic and are constantly changing and adapting to new information. As of right now I do not hold it in very high regard. Certainly the last two have not helped.

10. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Who is "we"? Many different people have many different opinions...

FWIW, I think the Umbaran arc is one of the best things Lucasfilm Animation has done thus far. It rips the Republic Commando book series to shreds as far as clone portrayals go, and for that, it ranks higher than even the S2 Mandalorian Trilogy in my book. [face_peace]

11. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Not really everyone, just the same few who are always critical of the series.

12. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Krell is turning dark. His methods are not very Jedi like. His "No one defies me" line was proof of that. No true Jedi would disregard life, even a Clone, so easily as he does. I think something significant will happen in the next and final episode to either change Krell himself "seeing the light", or make his methods be questioned by other Jedi.

These 3 episodes are the only episodes I have enjoyed so far this season. All the episodes of the season before these were a travesty. I am glad things are getting back on track.

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Lol I know right? What jerks.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've never disliked TCW. But I've probably more patience than the average fan, am a relatively new fan, am stupidly loyal (there are shows I still follow religiously that have sucked several seasons), have nothing to lose since I'm a pretty lowsy SW fan (I never even owned any of the PT), and I have a soft spot for the corny and the campy which really helps. I get the hate for me because I'm kinda the problem, I'm closer to TCW's target audience although I'm much older. My opinion probably carries the weight of a feather against 99.9% of you guys and that why I mostly let you guys have all the fun arguing about continuity and what the clones should be like. I represent the minority in that I haven't hated season 4. I kinda enjoyed the Mon Cal arc, I loved "Mercy Mission", and this arc makes it almost painful waiting for next week's episode. 2 episodes in this arc are in my top 5. I mean the Umbaran arc isn't perfect. Don't worry Tark, I'll continue to bring the love.

15. sacharias

sacharias Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2011
    Hmm... I think Rex is forward thinking enough to realize that Fives' mission is likely to save lives, so I still think he could have been more supportive. But your point is taken.

And what's more interesting is that the clones are pointing out how un-Jedi Krell is acting. So they're not becoming disgusted with Jedi in general, instead the recognize that there's something wrong with this particular Jedi. Big distinction, and it's a good thing the clones are realizing that.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I enjoy reading debates between different points of view, but I don't think the point that if it's a good idea TCW won't do it because TCW never uses good ideas is born out by the facts, especially when just 2 weeks ago there was an episode that I think literally every LACWACer liked (in DoU) which I'm pretty sure has not happened once in the year I've been here. It sounds good as a rhetorical attack but is false on its face.

17. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    No need to be sarcastic.

I didn't mean it as an insult.

18. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Ah, but that's the great balance of Rex's portrayal in this episode.

The mission is only risky for the clones involved. The death of three clones in a failed raid is not likely to affect the ground battle. However, the rewards are enormous.

In spite of this, Rex still follows Krell's dogmatic official line and repeats his indoctrination to Fives like a proper fanatic. Eventually, Rex provides Fives with the promise of not actively opposing his plan, at the very most. He's still an obedient clone at heart, even though this changes slightly over the course of the episode.

That certainly scuttles the slightly Travissian idea that the clones have to be brought round to hating the Jedi to execute Order 66.

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    No no, I meant every word.

If you read my posts in the Nomad Droids thread, you would know I am fully on your side bro. I stand by you in this fight.

20. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    Sorry about that Fanboy, sarcasm detector is broken at the moment.:p

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh dear. You should get that up and running again buddy, I have a sneaking suspicion you'll need it next week ;)

22. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Ahg well.. compared to the hoards of memorial/tribute videos Echo's death got.. Hardcase has.. 3 as of now xD

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You got a song to suggest? =B

24. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    In mine I used "Strength of a Thousand Men" by Two Steps From Hell.

[face_mischief] I love music with no lyrics.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Someone should use ManOwaR's "Courage" or "The Fight for Freedom" or "Die With Honor" or pretty much half of their catalog or more could work.

I have to say of the three "main" clone deaths, Hevy, Echo, and Hardcase, I've enjoyed the death of Hardcase the most. The other two had some little things that I wasn't a fan of and I felt like they should have been done differently, but this one was just right.