main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 409: Plan of Dissent Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Ragequit [face_laugh]

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Now, Fives is really what sold this episode for me. Yes, I am reading between the lines on this from what we've seen of him so far, but the way I interpret it really is what makes this episode stand out.

A lot of the stuff I'm not quite as sure of. The kookiness of the fighter in the hangar kind of undercut the tension of the scene so that they could throw another callback to the OT. The air battle was fantastic, with the closeups on the Z-85s crashing into the picket ships, but it was still too bloody short. The Droid humor was not missed, yet here it was. Hardcase pulls a Hevy, killing another potential long runner, and the other clones didn't really get much characterization apart from Dogma the Tattletale. Hell, Jesse's motivation was summed up as "I don't like Krell, so I'm going to risk execution!"

There was the communications jamming bit with Obi-Wan that was never followed up on, when it could have been incorporated into the story. What if the jammer was cloaking the Umbaran starfighters from the Republic's scanners? It would have made an interesting alteration to the plot, since the fighters could slip away with less hassle.

3. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    I just want to see this go in Part 4 of the Umbaran storyline

A few of the 501st clones secretly send a message to both Obi Wan and Anakin Skywalker about what Krell is doing, So Obi Wan and Anakin go to Umbara to fight Krell and maybe kill him

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think we need to get a thread for "Carnage of Krell" so we can really get into the speculations this stuff is getting too off topic.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'll try to get one up tonight

6. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    ^ Haha, yeah. And then that thread will go off-topic, as it is put up early and we haven't got new info to discuss. :p

7. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    That sounds plausible. Summary executions are definitely not the Jedi way. That's not even how they handle enemy prisoners, as Anakin frets in ROTS.

No doubt there will be consequences for Krell. We know the 212th will regroup with the 501st, and that means a certain Jedi with a healthy relationship with the clones is not far behind...

Schadenfreude. :p

@GGrievous & Fanboy

Fives is more of a proper ARC trooper than all the Null-ARCs combined. His insubordination is motivated by a belief that there's a more efficient way to achieve victory, so he uses the ingenuity the ARC training programme and his experience imparted on him for the benefit of the Galactic Republic.

He adds up to being a clone who expresses his individuality and sense of clone camaraderie while remaining steadfastly loyal to the Republic. That can't be said for many C-Canon clones. ;)

8. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I actually like this idea we'd finally get the anakin Obi-wan team up working together thing we've so desperately longed to see during the clone wars

9. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I hope that, if Krell is fought by Anakin/Obi-Wan, he isn't killed. Not only is he a character that is full of potential but his improsonment could provide a use for the Citadel as it was originally described last season.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    If Anakin and Obi-Wan fight General Krell in the next episode, my jaw will literally fall to the floor.

11. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The Citadel is still under CIS control.

I'm sure there are other prisons...

12. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Well, the Citadel was said to be for renegade Jedi, and with the loss of Osi Sobek it wouldn't be impossible for the Republic to recapture it.

13. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    I DEMAND to know why there hasn't been a topic on THIS! :mad:

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Thanks buddy. Sorry, don't want to seem demanding. =)

Better than this thread being completely off topic since all we're discussing in here right now is what's going to happen in "Carnage of Krell"

Basically although I'm not how much help it will be when the 212th does arrive. Obi-wan will be a god send but
    Cody at this point probably not so much far as Rex is concerned.

If Krell isn't a renegade Jedi then I'm not sure what TCW is waiting for.

15. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Great episode again - though a faulty connection in my subwoofer kept disrupting my viewing (at least hope it just the connection and not the subwoofer itself.

There is much talk of Krell being a Darksider. He isn't - he just views Clones as being the same as droids. He is "racist", but not Sith.

16. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Er... one doesn't need to be Sith to be touched by the dark side. Just saying.

17. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Case in point:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c0h1rZpyr0

Luke is nowhere near a Sith, but he was definitely drawing on the dark side there.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And one doesn't need to be touched by the dark side to be a ****. :p I agree with Grytpype... as I said earlier, I don't think Krell is a dark Jedi, separatist agent, etc... I just think he's an arrogant jerk of a Jedi who thinks he can do whatever he wants, is very insecure about having his authority appear to be undermined, and who also happens to have zero regard for the importance of clone lives.

19. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I think so too. But I wouldn't be surprised if the dark side turned out to be strong in this one.

20. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Anakin: Fus Ro Dah!

Allright... Too much Skyrim. [face_blush]

Anyway, finally saw it and once again another great episode.

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    All the more reason why his superiors need to call him out on it. I'm sure you guys know better than I do, but at one point wasn't there ranks like Jedi General and then High Jedi General or something? All I can remember is Yoda is the top commander right under Palpatine who is of course the overall head.

We know Yoda's feelings (A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.). He'd never support killing clones. Obi-Wan wouldn't either. I could see Mace demoting them to a harsh backwater world or something, but never killing and likely not imprisonment either. Heck, even the generals we've seen so far would countermand Krell (Luminara, Aayla, Kit, Ki-Adi, Plo, Adi, Saesee, even Quinlan Vos).

While I'd like Anakin to do it, I think it would be more effective if it came from Obi-Wan or another high council member. Would be nice to give Saesee Tiin something to do I suppose. :p

22. CameronKMcEwan

CameronKMcEwan Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2010
    Review from Den of Geek:

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/1133736/the_clone_wars_season_4_episode_9_review_plan_of_dissent.html

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I keep forgetting to say this.

Was I the only one who, when the clones were flying through the Umbaran ships inside the supply ship, was reminded of classic SW video game Rebel Assault II? They had a video sequence that used that same kind of angle if I'm not mistaken.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Where is the poll for this episode?

25. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Yes! I know what you mean. That game had all kinds of missions where you needed to blow stuff up from the inside. :D