main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 414: A Friend In Need Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    lol Ventress using Lux for a diversion sounds really creepy.

2. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Not that kind of diversion. :p

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Ventress probably forgot she's mad at Dooku.

4. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    [face_sick] I didn't need that thought in my head

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Eh, maybe he'll go back to Deathwatch somehow. So creepy when Vizsla puts his arm around Lux when the village is burning.

6. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Lux getting recruited into the Death Watch would actually be an interesting character journey for him. I doubt we'll see it though.

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Lux has about much chance of getting recruited into Death Watch as Ventress does of getting her revenge on Dooku. He's burning bridges all over the galaxy.

8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    And even if we did, we'd probably complain about how contrived it was for him to join Death Watch in the first place(given what happened in this episode).

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lux does need something to come along and toughen him up, IMO, that's one way to do it. He was about to be recruited into Deathwatch before they discovered he brought a Jedi into their camp. Pre was letting the kid sit right next to him and putting his arm around the kid. It probably won't happen but I can see him getting back in.

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    True. It was Ahsoka that Pre Vizsla had a problem with, not Lux.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I know its creepy but seriously whatch the scene where the villiage is burning. Pre puts his arm around Lux and pulls him against him. Not in a creepy pedo way either, more like mentoring or maybe even some twisted 'he's like a son to me' thing. I can see Lux getting back in. The whole thing really seemed kinda like a demonstration of power to Lux, some sick form of tough love.

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    But the fact that Lux was responsible for bringing a Jedi into Death Watch, a Jedi who killed 5 (and possibly 6) Mando warriors, I think makes it pretty much impossible for Lux to ever go back to Death Watch. Sure, Lux did not kill those Mandos, but he's guilty by association...and he fled with Ahsoka which only further condemns him from Death Watch's perspective.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pre could just give him the nasty scar. He's a mad man who will take his own men's lives when they fail him but can also decide to keep him around if Lux goes back. I am already excited for season five.

14. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Not to mention he actively tried to kill/maim Bo-Katan by swerving the speeder while she was standing on it.

His future probably doesn't lie with DW.

What other factions are there that are opposed to both the Republic and the CIS apart from DW and the Nightsisters? [face_thinking]

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's what I asked originally. I do think there is the possibility Lux could end up with Deathwatch even after the escape and getting several mercenaries killed just because of the mentor like the Pre had going with Lux. Lux did prove he is a surprisingly resourceful guy. Not to mention there isn't anybody else out there to join forces with that I am aware of. Seems Ventress couldn't have any use for Lux other than many to use him for any money he inherited after his mother's death. Someone new would have to be introduced. Or someone else out there would have to go insane and go rogue. I can't think of anybody who would.

16. Sharkseant

Sharkseant Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2021
    I think the episode was well written and animated but I also think it kinda contradicts itself with other episodes. Due to the portrayal of the deathwatch

1. this is a different deathwatch then the one from tor viszla they are traditionalists while tor wanted to just be Marauders without codex etc.
    2. Satine Said Deathwatch never targeted civilians only govermental and military targets (the episode with the posiened tea) so they are less like terrorists rather Guerilla fighters and rebels.
    3. I would clearly see viszla showing an example on some criticisms to show their dominant and control like the Crusaders but I don’t see him killing them for no reason he leaves afterwards and he destroys everything of value even if he would be a marauder like his father this wouldn’t make sense.
    It also has little value in terror as it is far away from mandelore.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If you haven’t figured it out. TCW never cared about the EU or keeping continuity with it.