Clone Wars The Clone Wars: Episode 415: Deception Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Gry Sarth, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    That was another pretty enjoyable, tense episode!

-AW COME ON! They went out of their way NOT showing a clean-shaved Obi Wan with his hairdo intact. I've been wanting to see that look on the show since Satine asked for it in Season 2.

-I was genuinely surprised Cad Bane was in the top bunk.

-Was that the first time we got to see a toilet in the GFFA?[face_mischief]

-I enjoyed Morolo Eval voice and body language.

-Excellent snail bartender.

-So "Obi Wan" is a household name even in the sleaziest bar? Not sure I like him having an infamous status.

-That girl at the bar talking about Midichlorians was "odd". How does anyone outside the Jedi Order know about them?:confused:

-"Ben"

-"He hasn't said a word since it happened.":rolleyes:

-Boba's cameo and Bossk watching over him- Nice! Boba sure aged fast. Looks like at least two years passed between Season 2, judging by his growth spurt.

-That prison sure has no working concept to stop a prison riot. Why didn't they fire stun guns from that watchtower in the mess hall?!:oops:

-Too bad they didn't give Shocktroopers a moment to shine. From ROTS I got the feeling they had an elite status. Then again, TCW did dispense the sense the 501st was untouchable, but then again, Umbara was a failure by command.
  2. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Garth: And probably tell kids to do the same thing. :p

Yeah, there's no way anyone could do that obviously, unless their throat is enormous. If it was smaller, like a gum ball size, probably, but even then the person might choke. A golf ball sized ball won't even get past the back of the mouth. :oops:
  3. Anakin_Prime Force Ghost

star 1
    I don't post much, just lurk. (love the entertainment!) But I have to say, I really disliked this episode. Everything seems so unjedi like. And Starwars for that matter....

Jedi doing some serious lying, Anakin not sensing, jail break that easy, obi on a comm out in open and no one notices...... That is just to name a few, I could go on....

I do have to say the entertainment value was good! But I had to double check to make sure I was still watching Starwars, it didn't feel like it.... I dunno, maybe I was just in a weird mood when I was watching...
  4. Theo333 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    There's something unintentionally hilarious about Boba slapping down a lunch tray.
  5. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought it was really silly how Obi-Wan was simply sitting there, talking to the device in his hand. That was just so obvious. And then Mace calling him Obi-Wan... ugh. I mean, COME ON!

Anyway, that's just a gripe.

What really worries me is that I can't think of a IU reason to not tell Anakin the truth, now that OW has successfully infiltrated.
  6. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    2 things:

(1) Where did we get this idea that Jedi aren't supposed to lie?

(2) Humble - I racked my brain and the only way I would be satisfied with them not telling Anakin is if they talk about his relationship with Palpatine and/or Padme....which would tie nicely into ROTS as well.

Someone get me Filoni on the Hatphone.[face_cowboy]
  7. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    They lie pretty often in fact.....
  8. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Nuh-uh. They're just often telling the truth, from a certain point of view.[face_beatup]
  9. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Good one. Somehow I doubt they'll do this though - but it would be neat.
  10. Robimus Force Ghost

star 5
    The Jedi have always lied, that doesn't make it alright.

Its when their lies grow in size and start to entrap and harm various beings not involved in their plan that any idea that they are on some kind of moral high ground goes out the window for me.

Thankfully not all Jedi operate in the same underhanded manner as Yoda & Kenobi.
  11. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    You know Robimus, even before I read your post, I was reminded of Republic Commando, where Skirata made dismissive remarks about Kenobi's actions with Clones. Nice to see we're still on the same wavelength.

Also, I can't believe nobody in this thread mentioned the Terminator reference between Kenobi and Hardeen.
  12. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm sure someone would've mentioned this in the 10 or however many pages before this, but Obi-Wan's disguise felt waayyyy too Harry Potter. The escape from prison seemed to be right out of Call of Duty's "No Russian", and Obi-Wan and Mace Windu seemed to have an exchange that came straight out of CoD. The "I'll pretend to die, then come back later" thing has been done a lot before, but I can't think of what in particular it reminds me of....oh well.
  13. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, I also thought of GI Joe and James Bond too.
  14. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    Did anyone catch who all was at the funeral (civvies) - of course Satine and I saw Bail Organa, but the 3rd woman looked more like Mon Mothma than Padme.

Was Padme there? The Chancellor?

It was quite difficult to make out.
  15. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I remember seeing Palpatine there. I'm not 100% sure, tough.
  16. rumblewagon Force Ghost

star 4
    Padme was there. If she'd not been, there would have been serious repercussions.
  17. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm still wondering what that light beam was that went into his tomb. Was it a laser crematorium?
  18. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    That's my assumption.
  19. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 8
    No kidding.

I posted about this in the Friends and Enemies thread already, but keeping Anakin in the dark that long was cruel and pointless.
  20. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    ^ I think most, if not all of us, agree with you.

Someone mentioned Anakin turned his comlink off - I don't remember that - is that speculation or was that actually in the episode?

21. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    That was me... I think it was implied somehow... I'd have to watch it again to be sure. It would make sense, as he is off to Nal Hutta after Obi-Wan's killer, obviously without the council's permission.
  22. Hoggsquattle Force Ghost

star 5
    I just finished watching Deception. Awesome episode.

I hope they show some repercussions of the Clones getting killed in the escape - perhaps Obi-Wan lamenting their loss at the end of their mission and questioning himself as to whether it was "worth" it.

I certainly hope it isn't just ignored.