main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 415: Deception Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Darthmich

Darthmich Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2001
    Just watch. It'll be Dengar before he added 50 pounds. The diaper wrap that Dengar wears on his head in ESB perfectly covers up those facial markings. :p

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I would hate it if that was Dengar, but I won't be able to watch this episode anyway. :p I'll find out if I do watch the episode next week.

3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Oh god, another four parter?

4. Confederate_Republic

Confederate_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2011
    "Four part SPECIAL Event."

Not really special if it's the same thing every week. But honestly, I am really looking forward to this one.

5. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Agreed

6. Jedi-Master-Vader

Jedi-Master-Vader Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    Obi-Wan will fake his death to go undercover and Anakin will go on the warpath trying to find his friends' killer to avenge his death.

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    [image=http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/015/orly.jpg]

8. Karachi_Kenja

Karachi_Kenja Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2006
    That's certainly what the commercial is suggesting.

9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Nothing like faking your death to instill rage-hate-fear into your rage-hate-fear prone former padawan...

10. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/JoZ/ORLY1.png]

(LACWACky version :p)

11. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Right Click>Save As

12. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Anyone else expecting Cad Bane to die this arc?

In all honestly I expect this arc to end in a Reservoir Dogs style bloodbath except with Obi-Wan (Mr. Orange) surviving

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I can see where this could be the end of Cad Bane and he is the only big name bounty hunter available to die in this arc right? However I can also see Cad Bane surviving until the end of the series since he is one of about twenty possible things to have happened to Ahsoka. I didn't think Fives would get through the Umbaran arc and guess what? He made it.

14. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Meh, I loved the idea of Bane killing Ahsoka and Anakin killing Bane in return back in Season 2, but since then things have changed and I think its about time to retire the character. Preferably, being disintegrated by Boba Fett after the prison riot.

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I could see them going either way. On the one hand, killing him off could really rack up the tension (except for Obi Wan of course) and get a good reaction out of the audience. But on the other hand, Cad Bane is up there with Ahsoka and Rex as far as marketable characters go. Killing him off may yield short-term results but in the long term they might suffer from not having him around any more to attract viewers and merchandise sales.

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Then again I guess that's what Darth Maul and Deathwatch are for.

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Personally, I'd be more inclined to watch a new episode if it showcased the original TCW characters than lame rehashes of saga villains, or stuff that's been covered to death in the EU.

18. Karachi_Kenja

Karachi_Kenja Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2006
    Something tells me that Bane won't die. It's what happens to popular characters. Look at Embo- he was supposed to die in Season 2, but they changed his death due to 'popular demand'. They'll probably do the same with Bane and save his exit for the end of the series.

I am quite looking forward to seeing Bane in action again and if I'm not mistaken, he's wearing a new outfit too.

19. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    Obi Wan faking his death?? I don't get it. The Jedi and the Sith Lords would be able to feel the death of Obi Wan. Anakin would certaintly feel the death of Obi Wan.

20. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I REALLY hope Dengar does NOT appear in this episode. Why do TCW have the urge to use already existing Characters that already have an EU backstory? They could instead make an all NEW T-canon EU character. Then they would have no problem with contradiction. The other benefit is that this new hypothetical character....can *gasp* actually die. If Dengar was in the episode, not only would TCW get some irrestible urge to drive a tractor over C-canon, but we would know for SURE that Dengar can NOT die, because he appeared in ESB. That is already one of the problems with TCW....having many characters in it which you know won't die. I think they should create a completley new bounty hunter/mercanry character....instead of using Dengar. I like to see G-canon, C-canon, and T-canon as all existing in one big universe (there actually already have been several refrences to C-canon in TCW), but the TCW writers seem to WANT to destroy this epic vision.

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Hey, with teenage Boba being involved, I can actually say

"Tonight, on a very special Clone High.... [face_laugh]

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, this has been said before, and I do agree that Anakin would feel his death or at least know he's still alive.

Yes, a new character would be better than shoehorning in yet another OT character.

23. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I will have to say, Coruscant looks pretty darn impressive.

24. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I have to say I am loving this episode so far

25. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Aww! I love Obi without his facial hair xD He still does his beard stroke though lol nervous tic much?

"This is Ben."

Oooh.. there's Mr. Ben Kenobi..

I loved his hesitation in shooting the clone as well.

Great episode!