main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 415: Deception Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Jan 17, 2012.

1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Definitely enjoyed it, a good start to the.

For arguments sake though, we must be a little off with the timeline(little earlier), unless Obi-Wan can grow an awesome beard and hair in a short amount of time.

I love me some Bane too.

2. Kuag

Kuag Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    Best thing about this episode was the amount of alien diversity. This shows how far the CGI has advanced since Season One. This episode had Rodians, Lutrillians, Trandoshans, Twi'leks, Duros, Phindians, Ithorians, and Quarren.

And I found the plot refreshing. Really interested in where this arc will take us, both in terms of plot and character development/resolution.

Was that Bossk sticking up for Boba in the prison riot scene? :D

3. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Maybe he can use the force to speed up his facial hair growing:p

Also was Morallo Eval's species the same as Osi Sobeck from the Citadel trilogy?

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Yes

5. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    A Karkarodon as well.

Was the bartender a new species?

6. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Really good episode, I very much enjoyed it. Looks like they were going for "Face Off" and I guess "White Heat" here.

Agreed that the diversity of the aliens in the prison was very impressive. The design of Coruscant gets even better if possible and the prison was a cool new location. Didn't expect Boba to show up in this episode. I'm surprised Anakin restrained himself enough not to try and kill the "bounty hunter."

7. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I think so and I really liked the design of it.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Well I got a chance to see it tonight and overall it was a hell of a lot better than last week's. One thing that didn't make sense is that neither Anakin or Ahsoka could sense that Obi-Wan was literally right there in Anakin's grasp. Some plot conveniences during the prison scenes, but nothing overwhelming like what occurred last week.

Kind of liked that both Mace and Yoda (and the writers in general) made both Anakin and Ahsoka complete idiots.

I want to see more Mace and Yoda too.

9. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Why is Palpatine wanting to be kidnapped?

Was this the first try before Grievous kidnapped him but it failed, or does Dooku have other plans?

10. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    This is hands down the best four-parter opener since Darkness on Umbara. ;)

In all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to where this arc goes, which is more than I can say for most of season four. Full thoughts to be posted later.

As an aside, did anyone else catch the bit in the bar about checking midichlorians? I wasn't sure whether to facepalm or laugh out loud.

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's a good question. Why? And knowing Palpatine, there must be a reason. More public sympathy, perhaps?

12. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not but this was the only four-parter opener since Darkness on Umbara

13. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Really liked the use of Mace and Windu in the plot although keeping Anakin in the dark is a recipe for disaster.

14. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I guess this is where the trust issues started with Anakin, but can you blame him?

15. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Does Concord Dawn get a name-drop, like the tv guide hinted?

16. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I hope it is, I hope it was Mace Windu's idea as well. We have to start moving forward to their "strained" relationship in ROTS. Windu went as far as saying he doesn't trust Anakin in ROTS, we need to get there by the end of TCW. This is a good start.

17. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    That was the joke, yes.

Indeed.

18. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Ok just checking I didn't want to make a fool of myself[face_peace]

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Indeed.[/quote]

I was hoping this would be established in the show, but I suspect the loss of his Padawan will have something to do with it.

20. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    This was a decent episode. Alot of great things and a couple really bad things.

Pros:
    -Alien Diversity. Check.
    -Fox, you look badass!!!
    -Meh, I prefer Shocktroopers backup their name literally.
    -First decent episode to star Bane!
    -Bossk puts the Boss in Bossk!
    -Nice to see Boba again.
    -The slug alien bartender was a really cool idea!
    -This plot is suprisingly well thought out (so far).

Cons:
    -The changing of Obi-wan's appearance and voice are total rips from GIJoe and Harry Potter. Very disapointed that even this entertaining episode has cliches....
    -More Jedi matter than just Yoda and Mace! Mace has even proven why he is so much more special than the others! The rest of the council had a say in this plan so they should be involved too!
    -What happen to Kit Fisto? All of the Jedi in the opening scene were at Obi-wan's fake funeral except Fisto. This might be a stupid complaint but COME ON!!!
    -"He hasn't said a word since...."-Ahsoka
    Gee, I don't know Ahsoka. Maybe he didn't say anything yet cuz he is at a FUNERAL!
    -What's the deal with Anakin and Ahsoka being in separate Speeders? What is the point of using two 2-seat speeders instead of one? Minor con...

I would have given the episode a 9/10 but the cliches killed it. 7/10

Does anybody have the preview? My DVR didn't get it....

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, I did notice GI Joe and the separate speeders was strange. I'm actually wondering how could Obi-Wan grow out his hair. Unless they gradually show him that his hair is growing back in future episodes after this arc, or his normal model will magically reappear with hair.

22. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Knowing the CW crew it'll probably just reappear in the next episode Obi-wan's in after this arc without the crew even thinking it through or paying attention to detail.

23. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Maybe those from the planet Stewjon have rapid hair growth and aging. Would explain how he'll have his beard back as soon as this arc ends and why he ages so quickly on Tatooine. Or he got some "growth acceleration" tips from the clones.

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, pretty much.

Harmom: Sorry, I don't acknowledge "Stewjon." ;)

25. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Fun episode.

-You really feel for Skywalker, there is no reason he should be left in the dark about this.
    -Nice to see Mace and Yoda again
    -Plot was well thought out and there many places they can go with this.
    -Love the prison atmosphere, and the riot was fun to watch.
    -Ton of diversity in the prison, which was good to see.
    -There were also a ton of zingers in this episode. I love how the guard puts the dead body in the casket and says how it is going to be a long night.

Nice start to another four part arc, I give it an 8/10