main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 416: Friends and Enemies Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    A Mandalorian, nope.

And if we take Jango's backstory into account from the EU he likely wouldn't have much of a Concord Dawn'ish accent since he left there when he was quite young.

2. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    He could be a mando who became a merc.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    He could have been a caretaker.

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Or he's just a guy who was born on Concord Dawn and jumped ship because he didn't want to be a farmer. It's an agri-world, unless you run a large farm, you're going to be a sharecropper or a poor prospector farm like the Fetts were.

5. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    To complicate things even further, the actual Mandalorians of Mandalore and Concordia seem to have a mixture of American, English and Australian/NZ accents. The DW commandos who fight Obi-Wan in The Mandalore Plot and the port overseer in Corruption have Antipodean accents of some type.

Just where did Jango Fett get his NZ accent, Mandalore/Concordia or Concord Dawn? [face_thinking]

It's a bit of a mess.

However, speaking of Rako Hardeen and Concord Dawn, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed how similar his armour looks to Boba Fett's, in particular the colour and shape of the bodysuit and the orange-yellow highlights. Combine the typical Mandalorian armour plates and helmet with Hardeen's bodysuit and elements of his colour scheme and you get something that resembles Boba Fett.

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Well, his outfit was designed off of the concept art for Fett.

7. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    That's well known, but the grey and yellow colour scheme (which I don't remember seeing on the 70s concept art) reminds me a lot of Boba.

The shape of the bodysuit above the knees looks familiar. It's a very different cut to the tighter Jango/DW bodysuit.

It's the in-universe links that I wonder about.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've just started watching this arc, and I agree with this.

Anakin was kept in the dark in the beginning because "his reaction convinced the bounty hunter that Obi-Wan was dead." OK. Any chance they could have told Anakin from the beginning and then told him to fake one hell of an angsty reaction?

Let's say Anakin couldn't fake it. I'm not sure I agree with that, but I'll play along. He still should have been told immediately after Obi-Wan went through the transformation and went to prison.

I know the Jedi believe strongly in putting the mission before the lives or well-beings of any one person or group of people, and that's all well and good, but toying with someone's emotions that way is just cruel, period. Especially someone like Anakin, whom they know has strong attachments. Yoda and Mace might say that he shouldn't have them, but "shouldn't" doesn't make it so.

The whole set-up pisses me off, and yes, Anakin is going to be mad as hell when he finds out, and I'm betting Ahsoka will be too. I don't know whether I'm looking forward to Anakin's reaction or not.

9. quigonobi2

quigonobi2 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2011
    I wonder he & Ashsoka will react when they come face to face with Obi Wan at the end of all this ?