main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 418: Crisis on Naboo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 6, 2012.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Heh. I'd watch this.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    You broke the combo man [face_tired] why would you do that?

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Five.

Her best scene in the prequels was the Theed processional before her funeral, not even kidding.

5. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    [face_laugh]

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    OMG guize 1/2 hour 2 go

7. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Until lunchtime...
    [face_coffee]

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You crazy Australians with your messed up time system..

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Only 5 more hours for me. ;.;

10. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I'm going to have to get used to weird time systems because I'm going to be up in your area in June Fanboy. Going to London on a school trip can't wait[face_dancing] (sorry for getting off topic)

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Weird?! Our time system is the default by which every other system is measured against.

12. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    You're the one living in the past!
    :p

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    [image=http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png]

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well its about time for me to go away until I am able to watch this one. Catch yall on the flip side!

15. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    UGH, no released Separatists...

16. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Love the banter between Ahsoka and Padmé. It's like a conversation between Anakin's wife and little sister. Poor Anakin[face_laugh]

The scum have been scraped off the ground, but Dooku's still out there.

Oh, hoh hoh. We could see glimpses of Sidious throughout the entire final part of this episode.

I might be wrong, but I think we have to wait two weeks before we get to the final four episodes of this season. :_|

17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I guess in the end the entire kidnapping plot was Palpatine's first attempt to have Anakin kill Dooku and replace him.

But regardless, this episode and the The Box were piss poor.

"According to a reliable source, everything is proceeding as we planned."

[face_plain]

In the end, why did Obi-Wan have to allow the plan to reach Naboo? Once he reached Serenno he could have easily summoned a fleet to attack Dooku's palace and capture everyone involved in the plot.

18. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Excellent episode. Strong conclusion to the story arc. Nice to have Palpatine and Padme back on Naboo with TPM's re-release. Definitely great stuff on the Anakin/Palpatine front, with an incredible battle between Anakin and Dooku to end things. We are seeing how the relationship between Anakin and the Jedi is falling apart.

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, there was a similiar discussion here and I also wondered why Obi-Wan didn't do something there.

I wouldn't call this a good episode or a bad one, just plain mediocre. This is an episode that could use a play-by-play review because of the amount of crap in it that just did not make any sense whatsoever.

20. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Wow, the Seps lose again. What a surprise. :rolleyes: Good plot, but lousy payoff.

Bring on Darth Maul!

21. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    This episode was blah.

- I'm liking Palpatine, but the writers are getting a bit heavy handed with the foreshadowing. Okay, we get it. Palps is manipulating Anakin. But must every conversation we see them have be Palps talking crap about the Jedi? And some of it isn't even disguised well. "Oh...I thought concealing Obi-Wan's identity was your idea." Uh...why? BSing aside, that doesn't even make any sense. You gotta be a bit more discreet when you're blowing smoke up someone's behind.

Or maybe Palps doesn't have to be discreet because Anakin is sharp as a bucket of sponges when it comes to their chats.

- And speaking of Anakin, I understand that he's pissed about being lied to about Obi-Wan and all that, but uh...newsflash, bro. Don't you have a secret or two that you're keeping from Obi-Wan and the Council? Marriage. Killing Tusken Raiders. That sort of thing. You ain't innocent in the "keeping secrets" department, Chosen One.

Anakin's high and mighty routine made me snort. He is the last person to be griping about lying to someone.

- Yo, Jedi. Palps seems to be asking for Anakin quite a bit. Might wanna nip that in the bud NOW before it gets out of control and Palps ends up asking for Anakin to be on the Council and you end up having to tell him no, there by creating even more tension and leading to Anakin's dark side fall. You know...just a heads up.

- Another "heehee, Hi, Milady!" "Hi, General Skywalker, heehee!" *wink wink nudge nudge* between Anakin and Padme. Yawn.

- Another Anakin/Dooku fight. Yawn.

- More Palps standing aside and smirking evilly. Yawn.

Last week's episode entertained me more than this one did. Still, can't hit a Home Run all the time. Decent arc as a whole.

22. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Contrarian time!

This episode freakin' delivered for me. Love the undertones of Sideous throughout the episode, along with the furthering of Anakin's mistrust of the council.

Also what I believe is the first blink and you miss it arm severing in TCW! [face_dancing]

This leaves me pretty pumped for the Maul arc.

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    TCW makes me hate the Anakin/Padme pairing even more. I agree with the secret issue Anakin had, but I think Matt Lanter and the script just overplayed it. He could've toned it down a little. I think this has to do with the issue of Anakin not knowing that Obi-Wan was undercover until the very end or whenever he found out. It made no sense and you can see that I'm so confused.

Their writing is just
    [image=http://i.imgur.com/dL9jL.jpg]
    :confused: :oops:

and makes you want to
    [image=http://humorcastle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif]
    because it's just mind boggling stupid at the end.

For me, like certain other arcs, (i.e the Boba arc) this arc suffered a collapse at the end. Started off on a higher note then it all collapsed.

24. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    This is my only gripe. What does this mean? How in the heck are they gonna get these guys outta prison? Everything else - loved it, gimme more. Like, srsly, I freakin' loved it. Marry me, Anakin?

25. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    As much as I love seeing Cad Bane cosplay an Neimoidian... why would there be Neimoidians at a Naboo ceremony?

I know they're not all affiliated with the Trade Federation, but it still felt odd.