main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 419: Massacre Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Can't wait for some Nightsister kick-@$$ action. :D

2. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Love the introduction of the Nightsisters , starting to feel more like a living universe now we have all these new factions which aren't purely alligned with the Republic or the Seps.

As for Talzin , agreed , don't think she'll last too long , she's deceived and used so many different characters now that even if the seps don't kill her it's gonna backfire with Ventress , Maul or Savage at some point when they put two and two together.

3. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I think Talzin is safe, at least in this one episode. Dave has said she is a lot more important and a bigger player than people think. To be that I think she will need a lot more screen time than this one episode.

I like the obsession comic, but I?m glad they are taking Ventress in a different direction. We have more than enough stories about Ventress as Dookus apprentice, it?s nice that they give the character some fresh ground to cover instead(after 10 years of the former version).

4. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    What's wrong with his face and what's coming out of his chest[face_worried]? Looks painful

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I agree, Talzin is one of the best characters introduced in SW in a long time. She's a magic-wielding, female version of Sidious that is working on a smaller scale and that's really interesting. I do hope, however, that the Nightsister clan is destroyed or at least disbanded for continuity's sake. Besides, a lone Talzin manipulating events to get back at Dooku would be really cool to see...

6. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    To me this has been one of the more original story lines in the clone wars and I am very interested in how it develops. Though I feel they would have been better designed to not bring back Maul I can deal with that. The other aspect is just how much potential there is for EU stuff in this story.

7. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Dave Filoni says a lot of things.

8. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    With the running time of the last Nightsisters arc, and this upcoming four parter, we'll have a story that matches the running time of one of the films!

9. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Yea, and going by the storylines of this quadrilogy (Savaage looking for Maul, Dooku wanting to take revenge for the assassination attempts) this could have been the following 4 episodes after the Nightsisters trilogy. Going by the preview on the main site I would guess it?s probably only been a couple of weeks to a month since Witches of the Mist. I will definitely watch these 7 parts as a movie in the future.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Watching it as a 7-parter will be awesome, I'm sure. I just watched the whole Krell arc back-to-back for the first time in awhile and I thought it was a blast. I remember saying at the time it came out that since it was the same number of episodes that the Krell arc is kind of like the new-and-improved second TCW film. I think it works really well as a movie, but having a full 7-parter will be great; having a full 7-parter made up of a lot bad guys vs. bad guys and bad guys behind-the-scenes stuff should once again raise the bar for the entire TCW series (just like the Krell arc did), but I can't say that it will for sure because you never know. There's always the chance for a flop. The further we get into S4 the more convinced I am that the whole Water War arc was a pretty bad flop.

But back to Massacre, is there any preview clip or trailer other than the one on the official SW site? I'm so anxious for the next episode that I broke down and decided to indulge in spoilers, but the only clip I found was of Ventress talking to Talzin for a minute and a half. I haven't found a trailer with a bunch of really short clips from across the episode or anything like that, which I thought they did for every episode.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Ugh looks like Dooku is veeeery sick[face_sick] :p I hope that Grievous won't kill Ventress- because he should kill jedi instead and Ventress shouldn't die yet...

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    He certainly doesn't look like he has a mild case of blue shadow virus. Seems like Dooku is going about this a little wrong if Talzin cast some kinda spell to make him sick and he's simply going to go blow them up. I bet there is a magic cure involved in this somewhere. I bet the nightsisters will get out of this that way.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    That would explain the need for a ground assault as opposed to orbital bombardment.

14. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    NOW you guys are saying Ventress' hood is awful? I remember saying it when we first saw it and hardly anyone seemed to agree. lol

Well, I hope this will be a good arc. I'm not really thrilled, it's just been too long since we've seen Ventress/ Nightsisters/ Savage, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait and fillers (probably not).

15. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Ha! I remember that too! I said Ventress' hood was aweful and then everyone disagreed. I seemed to notice that the board members on here tend to stray from each others comments as a form of deviation. Without differing comments and disagreements, these boards wouldn't have much activity, now would they? ;)

16. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    I just hope our Kaleesh will kill Ventress.

17. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Isn't it possible that you heard from some people back then, and now other people are expressing their opinion? It's a common mistake to think of "the forum" as a single organism...

18. quigonobi2

quigonobi2 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2011
    i hope that we get to see Anakin & Obi Wan in this arc ?

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I rather take a break from them. Seriously.

20. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    I don't think that. I've just noticed that there are barely as many new members now as there was then.

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    A lot of what he says is correct, looking back at past interviews. Only what he said about Grievous getting a victory is wrong(as far as we know).

22. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Did he say that before or after Nhadar Vebbs death?

23. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    ^Way after

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This probably is gonna be Grievous's victory in some form, even if he does not kill Ventress. Dooku seems sick and I bet the Nightsisters have provoked the CIS into coming to invade them by getting up to something like that. Since Dooku has to get over his illness it makes sense that Grievous is going to accomplish something here. I have a feeling TCW might actually be trying to get fans rooting for the CIS here. Atleast I plan to root for the CIS in this one.

25. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I like that Grievous is getting a victory to show off his tactical skills, but I wish it were against the Republic. Jedi losses are mentioned all the time but we've yet to actually see one.