Clone Wars The Clone Wars: Episode 419: Massacre Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Barriss_Coffee, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm always rooting for the CIS, it's just that they never come through.
  2. Senator Kelberry Force Ghost

star 3
    It saddens me that the Nightsisters are apparently going to be wiped out. Well that's the theory of course, but if it does happen, it'll sadden me. They seemed to me to be a really interesting and intriguing group of women and I really wanted to know more about them. Oh well. I suppose that is the trend in TCW isn't it? introduce someone interesting so they can be killed off. ;)

Well, here's hoping we're wrong...though I doubt it.
  3. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    For canon's sake, possibly Talzin's group will be wiped out, not the entire Nightsister group.
  4. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    "Wipe them out. All of them"[face_skull][face_skull][face_devil][face_devil]
  5. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, Talzin is the leader of only one clan of Nightsisters. There is still the one from the Jedi Alliance video game, the clan from the comic Infinity's End, and the clan from The Courtship of Princess Leia.
  6. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    There's a Nightsister in Jedi Alliance? I thought that game was based on the TCW film? Isn't it from 2008?
  7. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Talzin may be a major player but I stillnwouldnt be shocked if she was capped at the end of the season.
  8. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I like how once again this arc is mysterious and has me guessing. Atleast for the first two parts that is.
  9. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Killing Talzin off this early would be a huge waste.
  10. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not anxious to see her go, but it's worth nothing that she's lasted more episodes than a lot of original TCW characters.
  11. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    If Talzin dies in this episode she'll have only made it as long as Krell did.
  12. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    True, but I'd say the same for him. TCW is notorious for killing new characters in their first episode, although S4 has eased up on that.
  13. sithreaper Jedi Master

star 3
    I expect an ATOC style battle, in which the night sisters are just overwhelmed.

I wouldn?t count out Mother Talzin just yet; the databank says she wields enormous power on her homeworld.

Also although I realise that ability levels are ridiculously inconsistent in this series but I don?t think Grievous is on the same level as Ventress, I can see him getting owned.
  14. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    I actually think it'll be the opposite. I think it'll be ventress that'll be Owned. I think the only thing the nightsisters have that could stand up to grievous is ventress, which I think grievous could easily overrun ventress in a one on one fight.
  15. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    Grievous has defeated Ventress before, but that was in a comic.
  16. cwustudent Force Ghost

star 4
    Having. Difficulty. Waiting. [face_dancing]
  17. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I thought giving into temptation and watching the trailer would hold me over, but it only made me less patient!!!
  18. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, and Galaxies had a clan too
  19. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    So is it safe to say that there's a new Dathomiri clan for every appearance of the Witches in canon? :p

It's a big planet, it seems.

An ATOC-style battle would be an unmitigated disaster - a trainwreck. Character arcs would be derailed completely. The entire show would run out of steam.

:p
  20. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Well, the Nightsisters aren't the only witches on Dathomir. There's other organizations too.
  21. MakingStarWars Force Ghost

star 3
    A massacre is not synonymous with a genocide. That's the important differentiation we need to make here. A massacre is when a power group unnecessarily slaughters a weaker group.
  22. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    True, but the Nightsisters could be that weaker group. Even if they're stronger than most mercenary groups, they're still going up against an army.
  23. JM_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    Which one?
  24. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    I think he's referring to Rogue's Gallery.
  25. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5