main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 419: Massacre Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Nightsister zombies

[image=http://i.imgur.com/3BvMa.gif]

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Is Mother Talzin only a spirit now?

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    So what was Grievous's big win again? I only saw him kill people I didn't care about.

Saving Dooku?

He wasn't going to die.

4. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    A Jedi- and Clone-less episode! Pretty dark stuff. The Nightsisters will be missed :_|

5. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Very good episode with some great action.

Grievous really does need a serious lightsaber victory but at least he actually won a battle here. A dark episode even by Clone Wars standards.

6. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    That's exactly what I though when they showed the first shot of the zombie and it showed the scowling face:eek:

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    My reaction to all of that:

[image=http://i.imgur.com/dL9jL.jpg]

This whole episode had a Lord of the Rings vibe to it.

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    And we're back to Dathomir. As for some of the earlier comments - I can see no orbital bombardment because of I can't see the Witches recovering enough in time for Courtship of Princess Leia to take place. And by Witches, I mean the Allyan clans, not the Nightsiters.

OK. The appearance of the undead Nightsisters - first off, that was just creepy. It's enough to make me think this would make the episode qualify as a Halloween-themed episode. Next, isn't this getting a little old? I mean we have the undead protecting the tombs of Korriban from Dark Lords of the Sith. Then we have the Geonosian queen doing it via those brain worm things. And now this.:rolleyes:

I was wrong. This episode definitely qualifies as a Halloween-themed episode. I can definitely the voodoo references. I actually felt a small amount of pity for Ventress at the end. she looked so broken and lost.

For a moment, I thought the title would have referred to the droid army. But in the end, it applied to the Nightsisters.

Those of you who thought that Dooku shouldn't have wasted his time dealing with the Nightsisters - wait until the war was over, then deal with them. Given what happened to him tonight, it's just as well he dealt with them now.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    The Blackwing virus too

I think there was a discussion here about how cliche/overused Undead gets when we learned about the Undead Talzin Nightsisters.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    ^I definitely the voodoo reference as well.

11. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    It's probably going to get darker. I have to say this episode was very underwhelming. It just didn't do it for me, it felt way too short.

12. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    That was an interesting episode. I liked the story, even if the dialogue was lacking like in the first Nightsisters trilogy. It's annoying that Grievous lost an arm, but at least he overpowered Ventress for a time and defeated the witches. It was nice to see a full-on battle again, the zombie Sisters in the fruit pods were pretty neat, and I never thought we would see the Defoliator again. :eek:

The biggest highlight for me was Talzin's spirit. Did she die or is she stronger than ever? It's very much like Obi-Wan in A New Hope, right down to her leaving Ventress to survive on her own like Kenobi did to Luke.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No, it looked like she just escaped. She did a lot of crazy random magic powers in this episode, so it seemed like it.

I haven't watched the last two episodes of the Randy Savage arc so I never knew that the magic was that crazy.

14. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Wasn't the Defoliator destroyed by Anakin in "Defenders of Peace"?

15. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    One Defoliator was, it's not like they wouldn't know how to make another one.

16. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I guess Lok Durd escaped from prison like everybody else. :p

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    The weapon didn't really work for this episode. It seemed that they just placed the Defoliator in the episode, but nothing happened to make it seem like a threat. More like a random cameo.

18. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Kind of like the Death Star with the Empire

19. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Or commando droids...

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I think the overuse of the magic killed this episode for me.

The undead and then the random chant to reawaken them was a bit painful to get by.

21. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    I was thinking more along the lines of the lion king.

22. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    What bothered me was the fact that the droids could just destroy the magic by firing at the orb. Does this mean the Force can be blown up with a rocket launcher?

23. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Excuse my ignorance but wouldn't that just blow up the person using it?

24. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Enjoyed the episode a lot, loved the shots of Ventress early on leading the nightsisters through the Droid army.

Kind of reminds me what Anakin would do with his troops, just cutting through everyone.

Preview for next episode came out of nowhere for me though, we haven't see any of those shots before in trailers or previews, I'm also presuming that Maul only shows up for the last 2 episodes.

25. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    So suddenly Ventress is like a hero defending her people.. I guess it's better than her being a flirty assassin.

This was an OK episode, but it was strangely boring.. I didn't watch clips and didn't know much about this episode other than it would have the witches and Grievous facing off, and Dooku would have some pustule sickness.

I was rooting for Grievous, I wanted him to beat Ventress and take out Talzin. But at least he actually succeeded in something..