1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

TCW Episode The Clone Wars: Episode 422: Revenge Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Barriss_Coffee, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Master

star 5
    Alright, I guess I need to watch the trailer again...

*watches trailer*

Well damn it, that's not the same trailer they showed after Brothers. Now I done-gone spoiled myself even more. :(

Okay... If there's no explanation for Darth Maul's horns changing like that I'm going to be pissed. I'm already pissed that they only made Savage monster-size in one episode and then shrank him down to the same size as everybody else. This is getting ridiculous now.

This HAS to have something to do with Mother Talzin.
  2. Alexrd Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They will eventually show his appearance change in the episode.

But they didn't shrank him back.

I agree.
  3. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Most of the preview clips on starwars.com seem to be taken from the first couple minutes of the episode. Which kind of makes me pessimistic about getting an explanation, since if they follow that pattern, then have only a couple minutes to establish Obi-Wan getting drawn out to this planet, and are they going to cram how Maul switched his legs in that first 60-120 seconds of the episode?

Why his horns change isn't that important. It can be deduced that he whittles them down. In some of the pictures of Maul you can see the flat surfaces where chips of bone would have been cut away. As to his legs, that should be explained. But part of me fears that it will be just a throw away line in the opening reel that says that Talzin did it or something.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Master

star 5
    Look how big he is compared to Ventress when he first stands up after his transformation in Monster. Then, look how big he is compared to Ventress in Witches of the Mist, the very next episode. He went from being huge to being the same size as everyone else.
  5. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Regarding Maul's horns-

Compare:

[image=http://mynerdblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AllNel.com-2012-02-24-13h50m47s184.jpg]

[image=http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7203/6960106091_fed342ef8b.jpg]

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Hand_axe_spanish.gif]

The surface of his horns are made of the same series of flat surfaces that a skinned apple has when you cut through it again and again. Or that a stone tool has when you sharpen a rock by striking it with another rock so that shards of it break off. Savage's horns don't have this texture. I think that it's safe to say that he has cut off the bulk of his horns after Brothers

6. Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Master

star 5
    I thought his horns looked cool in Brothers, if they're changed without saying why that's lame. Not the how, but the why.
  7. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, I figure it's no different than if you watch a movie like Jumangi and Robin Williams' character grows his hair out because he's been living out in the jungle for years, and then the first thing he does when he gets out of the game is shave and cut his hair. Only Maul doesn't have hair. But he just didn't groom himself because he's wallowing in insanity for 10 years.
  8. Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Master

star 5
    I suppose that's fair enough. They worked nicely as a physical manifestation of how twisted the character has become though.
  9. Alexrd Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just wait until you see the episode itself. ;)
  10. DarthKreVass Jedi Master

star 2
    That's kenobi's laser sword
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Master

star 5
    This is not the post you're looking for. Move along.
  12. Robimus Jedi Master

star 5
    Maybe Maul will kill Kenobi.
  13. Humble_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, that's Kenobi's lightsabre, and no it's not a flashback, because Kenobi's sabre in TPM was a totally different model. Unless TCW screwed that up, which is not entirely impossible. :p
  14. AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    Maul kills Obi-Wan and steals his identity. If it wasn't for Maul, Anakin would've never had to wear the suit. Hence him knowing about the "high ground." It is actually Maul who trains Luke and helps him become a Jedi. MIND BLOWN.

It all makes sense now!
  15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Master

star 5
    I really, really hope Filoni and the crew make this final episode at least bearable. This weekend has been the ultimate disappointment for me. Brothers was the hugest pile of crap we've seen from TCW for a long time. And then we get to the real heartbreaker of Mass Effect 3's ending. I'm literally so crestfallen right now after that. I don't know which, of the two, was worse. And I don't mean it was heartbreaking like, it was so sad that everyone died and I watched Liara pass away in my arms. I mean it was bad. And believe me, I know when something's bad. Humble, I'd hold off on buying ME3 for a good while if I were you.

EDIT: Put ME3 stuff in black spoiler tags for those who haven't gotten to the ending. Enjoy the ride while it lasts guys, because when you see what your final destination is, you will want to get straight back on that bus.
  16. melkor834 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm the minority but I really likes ME 3's ending. Plus you must admit watching Joker crash the Normandy into Harbringer was awesome!
  17. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Spoiler warning? HTR text? :p
  18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Fortune cookie could only mean one thing, Ventress will come to Obi-Wan's aid, but will die for it.
  19. Darth_Gamek Jedi Knight

star 6
    Looking forward to this.
  20. Gilrod Jedi Master

star 1
    There will be an explanation of why he looks different. He's nearly a skeleton in Brothers who has lived in a trash pit for over a decade.

Clearly, Savage takes Maul to Mother Talzin who somehow conjures new legs and restores him to sanity and health. It will all be explained.
  21. Seerow Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah I'm also thinking this will be the end of the road for Ventress.
  22. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    I doubt they would kill off Ventress after all this character development.
  23. JackG Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    NO. VENTRESS DOESN'T DIE IN THIS EPISODE, IT CAN'T BE ALLOWED. THIS IS HIGH CANON TREASON!
    *goes Kenth Hamner crazy*

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/6/64/Obsession5.jpg]

Ventress' story ends on Boz Pity.

:mad:
  24. Seerow Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't think TCW cares about that.
  25. GGrievous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sadly canon does not interest TCW