Clone Wars The Clone Wars: Episode 422: Revenge Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Barriss_Coffee, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Ratings are overrated? That's interesting.
  2. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ventress didn't lose her light saber.

She pulled the hilt to her hand as was stepping through the cargo hold doorway.
  3. StarWarsFan91 Force Ghost

star 4
    O i didn't see that, thanks for the clarification.
  4. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Never worry about that, only Jedi lose their lightsabers onscreen.
    ;)
  5. rumblewagon Force Ghost

star 4
    I find it very surprising as well. Perhaps TCW gets around it with technicalities. I know they can't show blood, but they can show people getting decapitated - or rather implied decapitation, not graphic as in the head rolling around.
  6. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
    This.

Because we all knew the Nightsisters used a variation of the Force until Filoni stated in Epsiode Commentary or an interview explicitly that the Nightsisters were using something other than the force.

I was being facetious in my initial comment.
  7. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Wait, Filoni specifically said the Nightsisters weren't using the Force?

Welp, guess the Force isn't the most powerful Force in the galaxy.:rolleyes:
  8. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    It's Filoni man.

I'll wait until an actual source states that the Nightsisters weren't using the Force, then I would gripe about it. :p
  9. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No. This is the gripernet I mean the internet. I can gripe about anything I want.

And it's Lucas and Filoni I'm most concerned about. ;)
  10. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    If I remember correctly, I think it is ultimately the Force, the Nightsisters just have a different sort of connection with it. There was that mystical frog woman in Mercy Mission, and I think in the Q&A for that string of episodes Filoni mentioned that she was ultimately using the Force, just in a completely different manner... I'll have to check.

11. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Especially the latter. :p Though I see him being harmless at times and he has no effect over canon, "i.e, Han Solo cannot understand Chewie." For me, his own personal views can just be ignored.

Unless he influences Lucas to do something completely unnecessary such as the resurrection of Eeth Koth, then I would be worried. I know people tend to defend him, but he is the "supervising director" of TCW and he does have a say in a ton of things. Lucas is an issue too but we all know how he operates.
  12. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm not really unopposed to seeing the Force used in different ways, after all, the connections are universal.

Part of the problem, and I'm just shooting from the hip here, is that we're told the Shroud of the Dark Side has fallen, and the Jedi are having difficulty with using the Force. Dark Side Ascendant, basically.

Given that the Force is in everything, you'd think that would have a galaxy-wide effect, and beings that use the Force in different ways would suddenly have difficulty doing so....and if you're the Nightsisters and they use the Dark Side (do they?), I guess their powers could be off the chain all of a sudden.
  13. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4

http://starwars.com/watch/misadventures_commentary.html
  14. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    So, him asking Lucas if Eeth Koth is alive is "influencing him"? And is Eeth Koth being alive that much of an issue, when his death was only mentioned in a reference book? I know you don't like Filoni, but I really don't understand what are you trying to blame him for. Specially when, as you say, he has no effect over canon.
  15. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Because he did ask for Eeth Koth to be revived, but both Leland Chee and Pablo said he was dead. Lucas then gave Filoni permission to resurrect him afterward. Filoni's excuse to bring him back was "he didn't see him die," even though a sourcebook said he died. Do you see why I cannot trust the guy?
  16. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not upset about other mainfestations of the force at all - so long as they remain other manifestations of the force

what I am upset about is GL [via Filoni] saying that is something else even more mysterious in use in the GFFA...........................

and it doesn't happen to be the Force.

That just seems weird
  17. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
    Agreed.

Filoni speaks "from a certain point of view" and contradicts himself this way.

He on 1 hand states that he is a continuity stickler and is just as much a fan himself - then overlooks the fact that there are more than enough "living" jedi he could have used rather than eeth and it would have been easy as pie to simply NOT ignore any part of continuity.

That said - I don;t generally have a problem with Filoni and his show like many do - but some of this stuff is just strange logic.
  18. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Talzin also seems like she doesn't share her power at all. There was the elder that did the resurrection chant whom Grievous killed, but aside from her and Talzin, none of the other Nightsisters are really depicted as being involved in magic in any way. And Dooku just disregarded her magic as tricks and illusions. I don't know if she is treated as some kind of divine figure among the clan or what, because she doesn't seem to train anyone in her magic. I'm sure Maul wishes that he could have become a green fart cloud and drifted away right before Obi-Wan went to bisect him (just as Talzin did as Grievous' droids opened fire), but Talzin doesn't share that kind of power with anyone. We've already seen the "Force Wielders" as demigods that the Father took into seclusion because they were becoming too strong. At this point, I think they should just sell Talzin as an ancient holdover from the past that, like the "Force Wielders," has become strong, but instead of going into seclusion, she's gathered a civilization around her and set herself up as matron-demigoddess.

I could accept that more readily than the idea that she's just inherently more powerful than the Sith and Jedi because she chooses to follow a different kind of magic..
  19. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
    sure. And even with this power - she could be content to rule a planet rather than the GFFA. That could make total sense.

And perhaps her only dealings with the Sith and Jedi are when they come to her.

I could deal with that and like it no problem. Maybe they eventually will go that way? Or maybe she'll finally be drawn into the fight at this point?

Still - her motives make no sense -- Dooku and the Sith attack her but she resurrects Maul to attack his sworn enemies?
  20. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Wait, Filoni said that (bolded part)? :oops:
  21. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I just give Filoni and Lucas the benefit of the doubt and assume that they have it figured out and will be able to tie the loose ends up eventually. Witwer made a comment in the EW chat about how Talzin is playing a really "deep game" that we'll find out about later on, and Filoni had mentioned in his Facebook Q&A that we'll find out her deal, so I'm trusting that they're going somewhere with this and that it's not all going to be left as incoherent as it is. Her whole clan got wiped out in Revenge, yet she tells Savage that they will survive as they always have, which to me suggests that they've suffered tragedy like that before. So, I'm guessing that in the long run she can recruit new followers or something. Maybe she is a caring matron and wants to avenge her clan, or maybe it's all just a facade and maybe she was trying to provoke the CIS to attack Dathomir and wipe out the clan so that she could become the new elder. Because even after Savage turned on Asajj and failed to kill Dooku, she still helps him without Asajj's knowledge. They could all just be her pawns.

I do not recall ever seeing Filoni say that, but if he did, it IS wrong as proven by the fact that Chewie tells Han that Luke was becoming a Jedi Knight and would rescue them from Jabba's Palace. Filoni was the one however, that also said that R2-D2 should be written as though he's a dog (in reference to the season 2 episode in which he has to go back to Coruscant to get help for Mace and Anakin). IMO, everything else points to him being more like a child.
  22. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    It was from Wondercon last year. Filoni said that Han can only "guess Chewie's emotions and not understand his language." :oops:
  23. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Yeah, I never liked TCW's characterization of R2 as a dog. He always came off as a precocious child in the films.
  24. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I never thought about that until I saw it posted. R2 in TCW never came off as very dog like to me.
  25. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes - -- but a precocious child who know a heck of a lot more about the GFFA than anyone else in the movies seems to!

Sorry Filoni -- Han understands Chewie. End of story. You can't copilot a starship and not understand eachother. Plenty of diff species understand each other in the GFFA.

But speaking back to all the Nightsisters being wiped out and rebuilding... where were all the Nightbrothers during all this?