main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 422: Revenge Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That's because they want TCW to be accessible for those not familiar with the EU. :rolleyes:

If they kill her I'm completely disregarding the show as canon. Even Piell almost made me do this but I feel his death on the show was actually better than in those terrible Coruscant Night novels.

2. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    TCW has done a great with Ventress, I'll trust them with giving Ventress a suitable ending then what the comics did.

And we all know when it comes to canon, TCW>>EU.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    After watching Nightsisters / Monster / Witches of the Mist / Massacre / Brothers just now, I am jumping on the Savage-takes-Maul-to-Talzin bandwagon. At the end of Witches of the Mist, Savage tells Mother Talzin that he will return. It will be in the first segment, and might take up most or all of the first segment. I'm callin' it.

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That's nothing to "call" dude, that's obvious. I remember from somewhere this had already been confirmed, must've been from all the TPM 3D literature. Savage takes Maul to Talzin, she restores his memory and then they confront obi-Wan. No surprises here.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Oh, sweet, so the part about going back to his memories is already confirmed also, thanks for sharing!!

6. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I haven?t played it yet (it?s in the mail) but Mass Effect 3 supposedly has 16 different endings. So if yours was overly negative Fanboy, maybe you were just unlucky in some of your choices.

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    They're all pretty much the same ending, the only differences being which squadmates end up emerging from the Normandy and what colour the Crucible's laser blast is. Literally up until those last 10 minutes, the game is spectacular. But when they actually need to deliver, they fail badly.

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    As long as the rest of the game is excellent I can live with that. Hopefully.

9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    what i want to see (from the brothers thread)

here's MY story. the three fight each other.
    savage has a chance to kill obi and maul turns against oppress and attacks HIM because he wants the kill for himself.
    savage is hardcore but maul is evil and nuts. they fight and maul kills his own brother,
    thus mirroring ani and obi's fight. then with obi exhausted he fights and manages to end maul permanently.

that would rule.

-------------------

btw, has boz pity been on the clone wars series? if not i want to see it.

10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    (I didn't realize I was in the Mass Effect discussion forum... Oh, that's right, I'm not.)

This "Revenge" episode will determine my rating for "Brothers"; which currently is on shaky ground.
    I'm very much looking forward to this finale.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The same essentially goes for me, except I think my rating for "Brothers" is pretty much locked at "sucks". But I am still curious to see how they can do everything they need to do with this storyline in one remaining episode, and whether it redeems this arc at all or just leaves it a mess.

13. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    To each his own, but that is something I do not quite agree with. I think the episodes should stand on their own, as well as supporting an arc. If the episode was boring or poorly structured, it was, no matter what the next episode does to compensate for it. The opposite is also true, I absolutely loved Overlords, but after finishing the Mortis trilogy I saw that it didn't live up to that setup. I still think that 1st episode is great, even if it is misleading considering the rest of the arc.

14. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I understand your rational. I'm going off my previous experience of wanting to increase my rating for "Deception" given new information from "Friends and Enemies" as they were part of the same arc. I was too quick to judge "Deception" and don't want to make the same mistake on "Brothers" as it has another part which might provide new information. We'll see...

15. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    But that's the thing, if an episode is missing parts which only makes it enjoyable when supported by another episode, then that was a poor episode. For it to be a good episode, it should have included some form of those missing pieces in itself.

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, which is why I said that for me, Brothers is locked at "sucks"... but I hold out (small) hope that Revenge might somehow redeem the arc as a whole at least a little bit.

17. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm telling you, we will not get an explanation for how Maul survived.

Just forget it.

Monkey Lizard did it.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    So what do you think we'll see in the flashback, then?

19. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    What flashback?

Did I miss anything?

Also guys, PLEASE:

I know this is not the Mass Effect forum, but if it's all the same to you, I would very much like not to be spoiled for the ME3 ending, as I haven't played the game yet.
    Pretty ******* please with sugar on top.

20. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Not sure about this flashback talk either....

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think there will be flashbacks for Maul. Flashbacks really aren't TCW's style although I guess we can argue its Katie Lucas's style since the only time I remember flashback sequences were in the original "Nightsisters" episode. Still this episode is going to have an awful lot of ground to cover. I'm not sure there is time for it. I'm expecting something more along the lines of Cut's two sentence summery of his desertion story. I am worried the pacing for this one is going to be bad.

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Next person that discusses any trailers or preview clips for this episode in this thread will be banned.

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Gry, you raise an interesting point about the nature of episodic TV. I see your point about wanting an episode to be good by itself if it exists in a vacuum. They structured the Season 1 and 2 episodes to mainly exist that way. But this season the stories are getting too big and ambitious for 22 minutes. So they are just splitting the episode up between 2-4 episodes. I think its a valid point of view to consider the episode incomplete until they show us the other pieces. Many TV critics will wait until the end of a season now before creating reviews for TV shows, especially for ones that are more episodic.

However you could argue that their failure was not airing Brothers and Revenge together since they were most likely meant to exist that way.

24. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yeah, I'm not sure why they didn't do a traditional one hour season finale. Big mistake on their part.

However, most of my problems with Brothers can't be swept away by seeing Revenge. They're issues with the structure of Brothers itself. The poor pacing, the unnecessary cutaway scenes, the annoying snake, the dull performance by Savage. Those complaints are almost completely independent of whatever happens in Revenge.

Maul, perhaps, can be "saved" by being completely awesome in Revenge. But he's not the reason why I disliked Brothers.

25. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I see where you're coming from. I think they should have aired both parts together. That said, look at it for the long haul. These clearly won't exist as single episodes at some point. They're all going to be edited into little features. I'm guessing this exposition was created with the bigger picture in mind.

When I saw The Nightsisters Trilogy theatrically, I was floored. When I watched in over a three period on TV, a lot was lost. I bought the feature version on iTunes and it plays so much better that way.