main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episode 422: Revenge Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Spring the trap - who says Obi-Wan doesn't have backup! (Who hasn't shown up yet in the clips we've seen)

2. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Based on George Lucas's comments about Anakin years ago, Maul really shouldn't be even half as powerful as he used to be (though no doubt he will be on this show). Lucas said that the Force only works through living things. That's why Anakin wasn't quite as strong as he should have been when he got injured. He had (mostly) mechanical limbs and was hooked up to a life support machine so he really was "more machine than man." Maul on the other hand isn't even half a man anymore. Lucas said something like Vader had 80% of the strength that Palpatine had. He can't even reproduce life. He shouldn't even be at 50% of his old power. The mechanical legs probably make up what he lost in speed and agility.

3. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Waiting for the final episode and CN has a countdown showing on the previous show. Lets hope this is great!

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Danzig's mother us all this eppy is missing.

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I feel this day may see the end of Ventress
    :_| [face_skull]

6. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Ventrobi.

Watch the fan fictions roll in.

NO PREVIEW?! D:

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [face_sick]

They probably occurred years ago when Obi-Wan redeemed her on Boz Pity

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Have to admit the first part of the show was either shorter than usual or it seemed to have gone by much faster than I expected.

Telekinesis, I can understand, but from Book of Sith and the other Maul short stories, I would have thought Talzin would have had trouble manipulating and shaping the droid parts, since they weren't alive.

Doesn't that planet look like Felucia?

I would expect Obi-Wan to have some trouble facing Maul and Savage, but I didn't expect him to go down so soon.

Definitely an unexpected alliance. The fight was good, yet I think there was some room for improvement.

The ending - definitely foreboding. I'm left wondering if revenge isn't the only thing on Maul's mind.

9. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    HEY!!! I thought we were getting a whole hour? What kind of season finale is just 30 minutes? Am I missing something? It was an excellent episode but all too short indeed.

10. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    The lack of logic in Maul's survival aside, that was a pretty awesome episode. The Obi-Wan and Ventress team-up, the duels and score, and Sam Witwer's awesome voice work (he really does sound like TPM Maul) shine through. Great finale!

11. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Not bad, alot better than last weeks, still some minor things I didn't like.

The Confederacy sure is wasteful with their droids.

How'd Savage get Maul's half of a lightsaber?

No Season 5 teaser?:rolleyes:

12. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I watched 30 minutes of "Wtf is going on.." to see a weird remake of Ben 10.. ahhghg

13. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Every year they've had a next season teaser...

But not this year.

TOPS OF BODIES WILL ROLL AND THEN BE BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE

Also: Was that mechu deru? Because if it is, this whole thing was worth it.

14. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000

Not quite yet. I say that because she "supposedly" made her last appearance in the Obsession comic arc. I know that there's a chance of a continuity issue over that, but I have a scenario in mind that should go smoothly. Ventress goes on as she does in the TV series. At some point, she does something that makes Obi-Wan want to go after her. At the same time, Dooku captures her. Palpatine orders Dooku to kill her, but Dooku explicitly says he doesn't want to. He suggests that she might still be of use to them - not as a servant, but as bait to draw Jedi into a trap. Then we have the Obsession comics.

15. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000

Nechu-deru? I have to admit I hadn't considered that.

16. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Good episode.

-I expected Obi-Wan to get his ass kicked by Savage and Maul, he is Star Wars version of James Bond.
    -I really liked the banter between Kenobi and Ventress, they make a interesting team
    -Didn't like how Talzin was able to put Maul.....it just seemed a bit farfetched even for Star Wars standards
    -The fight between Maul and Obi-Wan was good....but there is still room for improvement.
    -Loved how the episode ended on a cliffhanger, makes me pumped for season 5(to bad they didn't give us a teaser.....)

Overall, this was a good episode...doesn't make up for the boring first part of the duology....but good nonetheless.

8/10

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    What the hell is that?

18. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    This was about 10x better then Brothers. The dialogue was a little iffy at parts, if I hear brother or revenge one more time I might puke. Though it's interesting that Maul seemed to know about the plan of the Clone Wars...which makes me wonder how much did Sideous really tell Maul? He obviously has other plans besides revenge. Dooku perhaps? His survival is definitely a huge question, if Talzin and/or Sideous had a hand in it. I'm not buying the whole hatred thing, Maul can believe it but I feel like he definitely had some help.

The last half of the episode was great though, the score with the choreography of the battle was amazing. They really outdid themselves here, especially with how small of a battlefield they gave them. Ventress' little run and hop into the ship was pretty cool too.

Savage still seems very overpowered though and at this point I don't see anyone besides Mace or Yoda taking him down. We really need to see Mace Windu in action again.

Overall I'm still against the idea of bringing Maul into the picture but I thought they handled it pretty decently overall, it leaves a lot of room too. Savage and Maul aren't loyal to each side, they serve their own purposes and are enemies of both sides. It will be interesting to over the next couple of seasons how this plays out. It's obvious this show isn't just about the Clone War anymore, Republic v.s CIS.

No Season 5 preview is pretty lame though. Maybe the OS will give up a 30 second preview later tonight when they updated the Revenge episode guide.

19. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    MUCH much much much much better than last week's episode! Great episode! Probably a 9/10 for me.

Although don't expect this cliffhanger to imply immediate follow-up. We'll most likely have to wait through several unrelated story arcs or even until the end of Season 5 to get resolution.

20. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    Just watched the season finale, and it was a very good episode. The duel was very good for a return duel though it would have been nice if they would have made this an hour long finale, and we saw Obi-Wan kill Maul, and Asajj kill Savage. Now it makes me wonder what will happen in the series. We now have three Sith Lords in the galaxy with Maul, Dooku, and Sideous. I wonder if Sideous will have Maul assassinated somehow or Obi-Wan kills Maul.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    So, consensus so far is that it was good? Sweet, actually looking forward to checking this out in the morning.

For those who have seen it, anyone suspect that Maul will end up betraying/dumping Savage? Or will they literally be like evil twins as a third party faction intent on inflicting chaos?

22. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    Lol it's hard to say since Maul is a Sith, but if I were to take a guess Maul would plan on having Obi-Wan killed along with Dooku, and then work his way up to his former master, and after that take Savage as his apprentice.

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I loved the episode, but I wished they would have elaborated on how Maul ended up on Lotho Minor. And what the hell is Talzin, anyway? I hope they explain that, too.

24. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    They very well could do that, I didn't observe super-strong bonding on an emotional level between them or anything.

25. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Anyone else think the real reason that Obi-Wan wanted to leave is because he thought he was diving to far into the Darkside?