main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I find it odd that all the pirates who allied with Maul and Randy had red blaster fire, while Hondo and his men had blue. I'm sure the writers did it for symbolism though, but it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense in-universe wise.

2. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm surprised Maul cared about Savage.

3. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    About the petty crooks that probaly was not a line and right before the episode premiered they put a new line with the new actor!.
    Sorry for DP.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [face_thinking] But that would mean... *clamps hand over mouth*

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    One thing I noticed in this episode was that the music was actually pretty decent. Not John Williams, but it wasn't the typical background music (other than Savage's theme from Season 3) Animation is much better than in Season 4 even. Another thing I noticed was there was actually a good strategy that Obi-Wan and Adi Gallia where using against Savage, trying to break his knee, and when Obi-Wan does, it distracts Savage and Obi-Wan cuts off his arm. Big guy like Savage, it's good to try to undermine his footing. All the fights so far in this series have just been swinging around lightsabers like mad until circumstance bests one of them.

Here's the fight on youtube now.

6. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Blaster colors never made sense in-universe. The factions always have different color lasers. It helps the eye keep track of them OOU, but as far as I know hasn't really been explained IU.

That is kinda jarring, though.

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    How come the rebels and stormtroopers in the OT have same colored blaster bolts then?

Ah well, matter of fact I hardly noticed it.

8. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    And what makes it even weirder, is that once the traitors returned to Hondo's side, when the whole group of pirates, including the surviving former traitors began shooting at Maul and Randy, all i saw was blue. If those traitors were carrying blasters that shot red, i don't know how working for Hondo again would turn the red blaster fire into blue.

9. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Wow, this was a stellar episode. Considering the quality of the previous two Maul episodes I wasn't expecting much, but this episode blew me away!

Part of the reason this episode works so well for me is that Maul and Savage are both credible villains, unlike Grievous and, to a lesser extent, Ventress. Grievous and Ventress have been defeated to many times to take as a serious threat anymore. By contrast, the previous episode had the Grim Twins steamroll Ventress and Kenobi. This makes Kenobi's victory over the two brothers all the sweeter!

Other than that both duels had great animation and choreography, the dialogue was top notch, the story was actually engaging, and it was fast paced. Basically, I just found this episode to be tons of fun and, despite the continuity problems, one of the best Clone Wars episodes yet.

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Good Enough

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I like the way you think. [face_devil]

I actually worry for Dooku if he ever had to go up against these two.

While I'll still secretly moan and groan about Maul's return, I definitely concur -- he's a credible villain, and we've been needing that for a while. Hopefully he won't go out like a punk. Again.

12. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Glad I wasn't the only one.

13. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    Disappointed with my home girl Adi's death. We are not amused.

14. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Dooku knew Savage's move well and if he can get Durge on his side he will mostly win.

15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I have to say as someone who has been opposed to Maul's return since he came back. I really enjoyed him during today's episode. Though he did show emotion and caring and that is a weakness for the Sith. If the Jedi find that out, well Maul and Savage are doomed.

Also I really enjoyed Obi-Wan getting in trouble for once for letting something get personal. It's nice to see that he is still human after all. :p

16. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    I don't know whether I want Durge or not. :(

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Yes, but who was it, exactly? Inquiring minds want to know!

Went back and listened again. Tim Curry is a stretch, but possible. There are hints of his voice there...it's so short there isn't much to go on.

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Adi is not dead. That was a horn to the chest and then a mere lightsaber blade, she'll get over it. Look, see here she is:
    [​IMG]
    This is from the Onderon arc, so she's clearly fighting fit.

But other than the repercussions of that choice to kill(?) Adi, the episode was quite strong and enjoyable, I'll admit. Definitely the best opener since Season 3.

19. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    Your pic isn't loading for me.

20. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Try this.

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe it's Stass Allie?

22. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Since we're at it, Grievous has PLo Koon and Koth as potential kills. Make it happen Filoni.

23. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Nice catch there. Looks like a mistake to me, I doubt it's Stass. I could be wrong lol.

24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It could also be that Onderon came before Revival despite the fact that they said it would air chronologically. We'll find out next week though.

25. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Have you seen Revenge of the Sith?
    [​IMG]