TCW Episode The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, you're welcome.

Not that I'm holding my breath, or anything, but I really hope they get the picture that with some of these decisions they're making, the outcome winds up doing more harm than good, and in this case, a simple change could have made all the difference.
  2. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Whether or not Obsession is no longer canon or not, it doesn't stop me from enjoying Obsession. When I buy something to read or view, I enjoy it or I don't, nothing to do with its change in canonicity.

This episode had the spirit of Star Wars (and to avoid any "but -" yes, it could have been any Jedi accompanying Obi-Wan; it didn't need to be Adi so for your sakes I do wish it had been someone else but I can live with it personally).

I loved Hondo as always, he's so freaking funny.

Maul and Savage were much better used than in some past episodes (sigh of relief at that - if you're going to use them, use them well).

I was pleased with Obi-Wan's characterization in this episode. I liked the little moments of grief they allowed him to show.

I kind of wish they'd acknowledged in some way how he had fared less well in his prior encounter with the brothers - maybe as an explanation why Adi was with him? Obi-Wan "wised up"? Also, Ventress - what happened to her?
    hlc88, Seerow, Mange and 2 others like this.
  3. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yellow-Hulk and Mechno-Lurch, and speaking of the way they walk... I am looking forward to seeing Maul with better metal legs. At his normal height we get a better perspective on just how monstrous Savage really is; because in the Mustafar trailer, he looks huge walking behind his Master.
    cwustudent likes this.
  4. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    It sure did for me, too.

Yes, it's true, our boy was in fine form throughout.

I heard (so don't quote me on this) that this episode was shown out of order, so maybe we'll get some sort of explaination here? Also, this is why Adi Gallia was spotted sitting on the High Jedi Council during the Onderon episodes.
    Seerow and KED12345 like this.
  5. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, that's awkward. :p Clearly it's Stass Allie. ;)

Regarding Obi-Wan, yeah it would have been nice to have some mention that he's adjusted his style since the last time they met. This was the most impressive I think I've seen Kenobi in TCW.
    TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Just enjoy the show, is what I say. Again, easy for me because I didn't follow anything EU except for the Clone War Comics, which I love and still have as part of my SW collection of material (Mostly the movies, essential guides, and TCW/CW). But guess what, it doesn't bother me that "canon has changed". It doesn't bother me that the same old people come on here and say that they hate it when GL does it. Personally, I like GLs storytelling, and his SW direction most of all. But, that's just me.

One thing I would have liked to have seen addressed was what happened after Ob-Wan and Ventress escaped Maul and Savage after the end of season 4. maybe I missed something. However, not having it addressed is NOT a complaint. Just would have like to see what happened. :)
  7. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, there is a reason that Adi is there. The Onderon episodes were originally intended to be the season premiere for S5, but they were pushed back in favor of Darth Maul's Revival.
  8. Spazmatron Jedi Master

star 3
    Yeah but if that's the case I think they would have edited it to take Adi out of it right?

If they didn't then that's just silly...
  9. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What was that music they used during the Obi/Adi vs. Bros fight? Seemed suitably Sith-like.
  10. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Airing this show in anachronnic order just makes things even more confusing.
    Garth Maul likes this.
  11. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV - Vacationing and stuff

Manager
    star 5
    I like green goo better....

Funny, I didn't even notice it coming from Maul's leg, just Savage's arm.
  12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    It was coming out of Maul's leg to... but it was in the middle of all the orange background and it was harder to see.
  13. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
  14. DeviantSpirit Jedi Master

star 1
    Definitely one of the more stronger pieces of Clone Wars music. I'm glad they reprised that from the Nightsisters arc. :)
  15. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sure, Adi on the Council could be chalked up to a mistake in episode order, but why can't it be proof that she survived Revival? After all, since we never saw a body, resurrection is a possibility See how that rule can come back to bite you, LFL? :p

On the subject of Obi-Wan, I thought that his fight with the Sith brothers was the best of the series so far. I didn't think his change in fighting style was that jarring since he used Ataru as a Padawan. Just because he favors Soresu at this point in his life doesn't mean he can't use some acrobatics when the need arises.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    brother...
    Last edited by Seerow, Oct 1, 2012
  17. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  18. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
  19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Removed.

Posting on behalf of banned user is not permitted.
    Please don't do that again. -Sx3
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Oct 2, 2012
  20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Oct 2, 2012
  21. Cary_the_Brave Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Remind me to count how many times "brother" will be mentioned this season.
  22. Yodaminch Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh! Is that the drinking word then?
  23. Spazmatron Jedi Master

star 3
    *falls over dead and bloated*
    Last edited by Spazmatron, Oct 1, 2012
  24. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    7 for Revival.
    Last edited by KenobiSkywalker, Oct 1, 2012
  25. QsAssistant Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I did enjoy this episode but I felt that Adi's death was underdone. She should've gone out in a big way.