TCW Episode The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. LordMortis315 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You don't say. :p
  2. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    If Grievous is a Blackberry, then Darth Maul must be a Nokia.
    Mange likes this.
  3. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I dunno, this thing is really elegant, powerful, and user friendly.

[IMG]

Particularly compared to the single biggest piece of electronic junk that has even been manufactured.

[IMG]
    Last edited by Seerow, Oct 2, 2012
  4. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    in terms of durability. Grievous keeps getting torn to shreds in every appearance, while Maul can survive a goddamn reactor and bisections.
  5. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I'll still go with the Nokia comparison for Maul I guess. Nokia makes pretty phones but they are still way out gunned and nobody wants WP7. As for Grievous I think he's more of a Palm.
    Last edited by Seerow, Oct 2, 2012
  6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Off-topic posts need to be removed

Where's a mod when you need one
    CT-867-5309 and JackG like this.
  7. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't you work for AT&T? I see what you're doing here....=D=
    Zeta1127, Seerow and KED12345 like this.
  8. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Savage is a Go-Phone then.
  9. LordMortis315 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    There's an AT&T/AT-AT joke somewhere... :p
    cwustudent likes this.
  10. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think you could say Grievous' durability is almost at Maul levels. He survived a ship crash or whatever, and now is half a brain and some guts, IIRC. So he's lost however many limbs during the Clone Wars and yet has survived. We're supposed to buy into Grievous' ability because as a Kaleesh (?) warrior he was pretty badass, and now he has 4 arms and computer reflexes.

I'm not sure Grievous is actually using the Forms of lightsaber combat, or if he is, they've been programmed into him.

in LOE (I think), Dooku tells Grievous his best weapons are fear and surprise - if the Jedi get over the "shock and awe" factor, it may be more of a test for Grievous than he realized.Dooku even doubts how he would do if he faced Kenobi in a duel...guess Dooku didn't watch TCW. ;)

And my interpretation of the ROTS duel with Kenobi is that he stays calm and the Force is with him, and that's how he is able to defeat Grievous.

I was okay with Grievous, but TCW has irritated me a bit in how many people (Pre Viszla, Cassie Cryar(?), etc.) have picked up a lightsaber and not chopped their own limbs off.
    TreborSabreon and Spazmatron like this.
  11. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I agree with Garth. TCW Grievous isn't to bright, he's a coward, and he can get beat up by Gungans. But his body is still pretty durable.

I'm just a gadget geek.
  12. DavidIX Jedi Master

star 1
    Surprising how this got turned into a Grievous thread and the old GG thread came back to life. Should tell Filoni and GL something.
  13. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    Ep. III has Grievous being killed by Obi-Wan in a one-on-one setting with a blaster. It's inconsistent to have that death for the character but then in the EU for him to be able to defeat multiple Jedi Masters at once. Canon is not a trump card with me, if the canon makes no sense, I do not accept it.

Fixed. I asked for an explanation of how that canon could possibly make sense, not a reiteration of the fact that it exists.
  14. Esg Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Jedi can be killed with blasters so that argument is invalidated
  15. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Of course. But what about the likes of Mace? Not likely that he'd go down if ONE person aimed a blaster at his stomach and fired..
    Spazmatron and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  16. CloneWarsRescored Jedi Master

star 2
    I noticed that people were talking about how Adi is alive in the next episode, well the next episode production number is :415 which means it was made just after Revenge, while Revival (which was originally supposed to air later in the season) was production number: 426. So Adi had not been written out of The Clone Wars yet. :)
  17. Esg Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Except in all of their confrontations Grievous has been beaten by Mace

Tarkas you also ignore just because someone is a Jedi Master doesn't mean your automatically at Maces level. Case in point Coleman Trebor
    Last edited by Esg, Oct 2, 2012
  18. Spazmatron Jedi Master

star 3
    I think everyone already knows this.
  19. Convor Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Or if you want an example from TCW, Ima-Gun-Di. [face_whistling]
    Esg likes this.
  20. Esg Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Oh and how could I forget Maul getting owned by Pirates [face_cowboy]
  21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Great examples of how the non-forceusers can best a Jedi or Sith.
  22. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't see Grievous defeating Adi in Obsession through overwhelming force of numbers. It was a one-on-one situation, he says he's been trained to kill Jedi, then he kills her. To me it's insufficient to say a normal cyborg of course could not defeat a Jedi, but if they're trained to, then it's no problem. And that's the only explanation given there. It's like saying the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force, unless that ability is specifically designed to also destroy the Force. Easy to say the words, but it makes no damn sense.

Of course not all Jedi Masters are of equal power, but all members of the Jedi Council are generally the most powerful Jedi. That counts for something.
  23. Esg Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Trebor was on the Jedi Council, look where it got him against Fett one on one
    Last edited by Esg, Oct 2, 2012
  24. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    The guy that gets shot at the beginning of the battle of Geonosis in Ep. II? I always thought that death was REALLY stupid. If he was on the Jedi Council, wow, I did not think I could think that moment as any dumber, but you've gotten me there. One more reason TCW > AOTC.
    Spazmatron likes this.
  25. Mange Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't see how it was "dumb". Trebor focused on Dooku, not on Jango and diverted his attention too late.