1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

TCW Episode The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
  2. Togruta Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoever spoke for that line just didn't sound like Palpatine. It does sound like Tim Curry.. Well, Lucas has said that Palpatine represents the devil..
  3. Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Thanks Garth! I nearly lost it when Snaggletooth came on screen. Hahaha
  4. Seerow Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Snaggletooth had an awesome voice.
    eht13 and TreborSabreon like this.
  5. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It wasn't just the delivery of the line, it felt obviously cut and pasted in - it's louder and I'd swear the reverb is different too.
    Mia Mesharad and SithStarSlayer like this.
  6. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 6
    I don't remember exactly how it sounded, not Tim Curry, but it definitely stood out like a sore thumb.
  7. KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    It sounded like someone called it in. There was no weight or body to that line either. Maybe they're letting the voice actors call in lines now. [face_dunno]
  8. Spazmatron Jedi Padawan

star 3
    "You have a message from:

DARTH VAADERR"

That's the quality level of that line

I didn't notice it the first time I watched but my goodness its like an amateur at animation put that one in :/
    Garth Maul and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  9. Seanthings Jedi Padawan

I didn't notice the first time either because I was jotting down notes for my review. But man oh man I just finished re-watching it and that was just DREADFUL. Distracted or not I can't believe I didn't hear it the first time.
    KenobiSkywalker and Spazmatron like this.
  10. KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't have my TV turned up enough to catch it the first time. But when I watched it online... Yikes...
  11. Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Yeah, Garth is right too. It is distinctly louder and there's a sort of reverb in his voice. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me cringe
  12. KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know how they recorded the line, but it definitely wasn't in a studio with a good mic.
  13. Seanthings Jedi Padawan

Agreed. Maybe they recorded it in an abandoned bunker or something where they keep spare Palpatine voice actors locked up for emergencies.

Also on my second viewing I noticed a lot more voices out of sync with the characters lips. Very strange.
  14. Spazmatron Jedi Padawan

star 3
    The site which you got it from could have had some sound lag.
  15. Seanthings Jedi Padawan

It was On Demand. I talked to a few other people on Twitter who noticed the same thing.

On an entirely different note, Spazmatron your profile pic is incredible. Did you make that?
  16. Spazmatron Jedi Padawan

star 3
    Heck no. Its the cover art from a game called Star Wars: Empire At War. Its an RTS and it's probably the best game I have ever played. I've only got the Forces of Corruption Expansion pack (a lot better) and a mod I got the other week but the cover art for the original game has always been my favorite.
    Seanthings likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC and SWC

Manager
    star 7
    Star Wars Supremacy (or Rebellion, depending on your country) is still the best SW RTS ever. I will stand by that statement as sure as my avatar is laughing maniacally.
  18. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    He was basically a space redneck. [face_laugh]

Edit: As I said in the episode poll thread, I also thought that the voiceover for that Palpatine line sounded terrible.
    Last edited by eht13, Oct 4, 2012
  19. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Guys, I have to admit. They recorded me saying "petty crooks" about a completely different conversation and used it in this episode without my permission.

I'm effective as a lawyer only because I sound like Emperor Palpatine when I give my closing statements. [face_devil]
  20. fistofan1 Jedi Master

star 4
    So did half the theater at CVI! XD

I finally got a chance to download the episode and I'm happy to say that it's just as good as I remember it. The battle scenes are really stunning and Hondo stole the show! This is one of those episodes that really validates the show's claim to be cinematic.
  21. KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Not sure if this has been posted already or not. The viewer number for Revival was 1.94 million, just above last years 1.93 million premiere. That surprises be a bit given the new time slot.
    Garth Maul likes this.
  22. hlc88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, that's good then. Where do you find out the ratings anyway and how quickly are they released? I'm quite interested in viewership of programmes I watch.
  23. KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I found them here.
    Spazmatron likes this.
  24. Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    that's for US viewership
  25. KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Those were the numbers used in the debate on whether TCW was heading for cancellation or not on the temp boards.