TCW Episode The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh lord, they retconned Adi Gallia's death now? I wonder what else they'll steamroll over next. And what the hell is up with Obi-Wan always running into these fights completely outgunned? He barely survived his last encounter with Maul and Savage...he ought to have brought along Mace Windu and Anakin, and maybe even Yoda for good measure.
  2. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, Obi-Wan actually did quite well in holding his own against both - and it was originally two Jedi against two Sith before Adi was killed.
    hlc88 likes this.
  3. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Obi-Wan was probably thinking "I am tired of getting my butt kicked, it's time for me to win for once"
  4. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah he pretty much wins-- only to be put down by Mr. Burns Palpatine.
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    This was a LOT better than the next episode IMO.
    SeparatistFan likes this.
  6. Cary_the_Brave Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    At least he was being beat up again like the previous episode.
  7. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Uh, "beat up again"? Sure, Maul and Savage got their licks in, but so did Obi-Wan, so I'd hardly call it "beat up again." He actually gave as good as he got.
  8. GeneralCIS Jedi Knight

star 1
    A great premiere to Season 5. Revival certainly had action aswell as many surprises.

Starting with the jedi it was nice that Adi Gallia had a focus. A shame that Savage had to kill her.

Hondo was a treat. I loved how Maul turned Jiro and others against Hondo. The Jedi teaming up with Hondo was a surprise.

I was pleased with the ending of this episode because Maul and
    Savage both got injured this showed how ruthless Hondo and his men can be.
    SeparatistFan likes this.
  9. SeparatistFan Jedi Master

star 1
    I really enjoyed this episode. It was nice to see Hondo back on the show and I liked how some new Weequay characters were put on the episode. I was happy that Maul and Savage lost, it would be boring and predictable to me if they won all of the time. I was pleased to see Hondo and his men get a victory.
  10. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Over the break, I'm going to re-stick each episode being rerun on Cartoon Network each week. This week its "Revival".
  11. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    lol on Teletoon its The Gathering that is being aired [face_laugh]
  12. Coric Force Ghost

star 4
    Because you can't just search for the episode in the search bar located in the upper right of your screen to find this thread if you so happen to want to talk about it again over the break.
  13. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah, if it isn't my least favourite episode of the entire show.
  14. rumblewagon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I always assumed that Season 5 would pick up right where Season 4 left off - showing how Kenobi and Ventress part ways - how Maul and Savage found a way off their floating spaceship... Maybe all those details don't have to be spelled out - but I thought it might be interesting to see. So it makes more sense why this episode was pushed to the beginning of Season 5 - almost like the producers were forcing a transition between seasons. Still, Sam Witwer has brought an incredible intelligence to the character of Darth Maul that was only briefly hinted at in TPM. If Sam is surprised at how evil and terrible Maul becomes in this season, it makes me all the more intrigued.
    AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    If you're interested, the parting ways between Kenobi and Ventress and the Oppress brothers' next move are chronicled in Darth Maul: Sith Hunters comic.
    TreborSabreon and rumblewagon like this.
  16. rumblewagon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Thanks! I'll check that out!
  17. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    THIS.

Defines the show for me...:p
  18. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Don't think Obi-wan was really outgunned with this one. The Jedi Council doesn't seem to think of Maul as much more than a criminal at this moment and he had a skilled council member with him, right? In the end Obi-wan pretty much kicked ass in this one even if his partner lost her life.
    Last edited by Seerow, Dec 13, 2012
  19. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    He should have brought Anakin with him,
  20. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    I liked that, despite hype and the likely temptation to make Maul a severe badass, this episode had him LOSING, badly. Injured, outnumbered, and fleeing. We'll probably get a lot of him being a badass, but at least this shows the writers are willing to make him a mere mortal and not a Stu. Also was a nice touch to have him show concern for Savage.
  21. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    In the comics, Maul was mocked for coming back to rescue Savage to which he replied: "He is... useful."

So there's that.:p
    The Shadow Emperor and Seerow like this.
  22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    That would have helped since Lucas is a big fan of Anakin and would love him in every episode.

That is a responce to people like me who say that Savage is the most useless character in SW.
    Last edited by Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan, Dec 13, 2012
  23. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    And if Obi-Wan brought Anakin along, Adi would still be alive!!
  24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    She would have died anyway. It is Gallia...
  25. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    eh true, but she would still be alive for a little longer
    Last edited by Darth Vader, Dec 13, 2012