main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.1 - Revival - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Sep 24, 2012.

1. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm sure they have their marketing-related reasons. There is some merit to having a cliff-hanger ending to an episode in order to build up hype for the conclusion.

However, this droids arc is not really worthy of that, in my view. It has essentially been a pair of standalone episodes of two different genres thus far. The Clovis trilogy, with its rather more "adult" and PT-relevant subject matter and an inevitably more consistent tone than the droids arc, might have been a better choice for a holiday cliffhanger.

2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Cliffhangers can be a good driving force for a season - if they end on a good episode and make you wait for an even greater episode but the issue is that we are left with almost nothing at this time. If the episode we leave on is not that exciting then we will not be excited as much. I rarely meet SW people who give a **** for this arc or what is going to happen next.

People are quite negative towards this arc and it is not good to leave people with a bad taste in their mouth.

I concur. As much as I love the Void episode, I would have loved to end the year on more Separatist matters and waiting for Cato Neimoidia after the break.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its my opinion that the Droid Arc ended up where it is because they knew it would be a tough performer December and January as a whole are historically speaking bad months for rating. I loved the latest episode, favorite one of the season but lets get real. BTW guys, we can only discuss Revival in the Revival episode thread not future episodes. I can't be lax with that anymore. To discuss this episode please do so the ASDITV's respective thread located here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...n-the-void-discussion-thread.50007219/page-15

More future episodes can be discussed either here or here

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...ion-thread-spoilers-allowed.20757653/page-901

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/season-5-major-spoilers-video-clips.50003192/page-149

...hmmm... I'm gonna check Toonzone and see if the 6-11 rating are up yet for those episodes and post them there.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Alright, Revival, best episode so far of the season for me. So how's Savage gonna get his arm back? A mechanical one or is Mother Talzin gonna make a new one appear? Cause I reckon a mechanical one like Maul's legs would look pretty cool :)

Seerow likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm guessing he'll get a mechanical one. Those seem dime a dozen in the GFFA to me.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  6. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I think I read somewhere that they both get fixed up at the same time, not sure if they mentioned what kind of metal the limbs were made of...

7. quigonobi3

quigonobi3 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 5, 2012
    I agree i am feeling right starved of Clone Wars at the moment-no episodes until 5th January its just not good enough!!!:mad::(

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh yes, that is too long of a time. I think everyone's thurst for TCW has not been quenched. I mean I love S5 but it was not ready for a break.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    There shouldn't have been a break at all, should have continued on in the holidays

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That would have been awesome. I mean **** still airs on holidays but not good ****. :D

Darth Vader likes this.
  11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Would have been a perfect time to air the droid arc (or Onderon). :D

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Sith Hunters & Shadow Conspiracy are my fill ins... tues cannot get here soon enough.

Sidious.

13. Darth-Sirius-Vyrus

Darth-Sirius-Vyrus Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2013

1. Well, it is clearly shown that those kicks started taking it's toll on Savage. Watch the episode again, and try to notice the face expressions Savage gives with every kick. Plus the last kick was shown being at an angle that would cause Savage's leg to break. The arm cut was beautiful, you have to admit bro!

2. Well, I can't see that Maul had any other option but to use the escape pod? Unless you wanted him to go down with the ship and die?! He saw that he at least had a surviving chance if he used the escape pod, hence the words "trust me brother"

3. That's because Jedi's are not supposed to remorse their dead?! Hello?! That's what makes Jedi go towards the dark side.

4. Umm, we obviously know now that he does, don't we?

5. I do have to agree with you about the canon though, because Adi was supposed to be killed on Boz Pity by the hands of Grievous, but they just completely overwrote that, which is kinda sad. And the whole idea of reviving Maul, even though VERY attractive and compelling yet unnecessary, because they kind of defiled his image that we all came to love in the first place in Episode 1. He was supposed to be this composed, not talkative, EVIL son of a gun who was able to end Qui Gon's life. Here as u said they turn him into a spider, and then this raging weakling, it just doesn't make sense at all.

14. Darth-Sirius-Vyrus

Darth-Sirius-Vyrus Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2013

Actually bro, that would be her cousin Jedi Master Stass Allie.

With Gallia's death, a seat on the High Council was left vacant. Following a vote the Masters on the Council appointed Gallia's cousin, Master Stass Allie of the Circle of Healers, to replace her

Sources:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Adi_Gallia
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stass_Allie

WatTamborWoo likes this.
  15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Stass Allie never appeared on the show....

cwustudent and 07jonesj like this.
  16. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yup, A War on Two Fronts takes place before Revival, and therefore Adi Gallia hadn't died yet.

17. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    See, this is definitely a problem when episodes air out of order. There's a risk that watchers might get confused when a character who has previously died shows up in a later episode.

18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's definitely not made clear to the casual viewer, and is even confusing to the hardcore SW fan until SW.com or Chee clarifies.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This episode is still awesome.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Debatable.

Paparazzo likes this.