main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.10 - Secret Weapons - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 28, 2012.

1. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    It was a tribute to R2-D2.

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Where'd you see that?

Edit: Nevermind I see now.

3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Horrible episode! Who wrote this crap?! And someone here said this will be an arc?! Are you ****ing kidding me?!

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Haha[face_rofl] this episode was so awesome! It was crazy as h*ll but very funny[face_laugh] . I rather see entire series of this than Corruption or Pursuit of Peace!
    TCW usually fails with serious stuff but this kind of randomness is what they can do well.

That little alien colonel was so awesome and those droids and everything. Okay pros and cons:

+ Alien officer of the Republic and on the top of everything he was smaller than human sized aliens
    + It was funny and sympathetic episode- not much else to say
    + I'm pretty sure there was new model- Stass Allie there in the newsreel... not sure though.

-That gasbaghead doctor was bit overkill- he seemed to be kinda crazy and that accent and mannerisms combined with his alien look were so bizarre it was just a little bit too much....
    - Neyo had no bigger role

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Brent Friedman. I'm not really blaming him that much. There isn't much to work with here. He's doing great with the comical aspects for what its worth.

Swashbucklingjedi. I thought it was strange the Parwin spoke like that. The one from the Rako Hardeen arc didn't sound like he had vocal cords like that. I thought DBB did a great job with his voice though.

6. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Lol hilarious episode. The Parwan was a bit stupid but the rest was pretty good... I don't know why this wasn't a standalone because the end was perfect for it to be a standalone...

Seerow likes this.
  7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Brent Friedman... I do blame him for the horrible Hardeen arc. But I liked this episode more than the Hardeen episodes.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You did not just go there!!!! :p

Zabrak 2 and Order66Survivor like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Brent Friedman, bro, if your ever in my neck of the woods I'll buy you dinner at the freaking Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for the awesome job you did with the Rako Hadreen arc.

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah! I did. The guy did a horrible job with horrible material.

If you want to congratulate someone on bad stuff then go ahead.
    I would treat him nice for the latest episode that has been much better than the entire Hardeen arc.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Fine enough. Lets stay on topic with this here episode. There is an Obi-wan Undercover Arc thread you could use to bash the season 4 arc all you want.

Zabrak 2 likes this.
  12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I do not bash. It is not bashing. I express how I felt that arc was for me. I could say that you overpraise it and overlook the many flaws it has. BUT you are right. I am sorry for crossing with you, S4 arcs bring the worst in me.

To each his own I guess. ;)

Back on topic:

But I loved the new episode of this arc. Much more than I expected. I love how many new things were shown in terms of models and characters in this episode.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You are bashing. That's okay though.

14. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Anyway, Episode 10 was a terrific! I like how S5 has gotten back to the style of S1, at least for the first half, with a lighter tone, more of an anthology approach with each arc giving a glimpse into some new aspect of the SWU and TCW. The tiny Col., the D-Squad, the briefing sequence, it was all enormous fun. I'm curious to see how they follow this up. And it looks like after this it's back to the dark/violent stuff, judging by what we saw in previews that hasn't been aired yet. Overall, a strong, fun season so far, with lots of variety.

rumblewagon likes this.
  15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    i usually like TCW episodes but this was the worst episode i have ever seen i give it.....0,5/10 :(

Huyang and Apophis_ like this.
  16. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Well, I can tell from the posts this is one of those episodes that really works for people or really doesn't work for people.

And, I'm going to have to come down on the side of people for whom it didn't work. I mean, it was Star Wars, it was 20 minutes long, and it was...uhm...droids doing things.

The whole thing just kind of shuffled along for the length of the episode and then stopped. It was like watching the ending to "Lost in Space" the Movie.

I think one of the reasons I was lost was, as I said earlier, half the reason a droid who doesn't speak English is interesting to watch is because of how people around them respond to them. In this case the only people they had around who we could understand were WAC and the Colonel and I really wasn't getting into either one of them. I imagine they were both intended to be the comic relief, but something about them just didn't work for me.

Maybe I'll watch it again and see if I can get more out of it. There have been episodes where I've had to watch them more than once to understand them, or work out various aspects of them, so we'll see what happens. So possibly my opinion may change somewhat.

Still, an average episode at best. If the rest of the arc, though, is moved along by them having stolen this encryption module, then I think I might have preferred that the intro just say they recovered one and then make the four episodes about whatever happens after. As part of an arc, this episode initially seems un-neccessary.

of course, I could be wrong, but we'll see what happens next week.

rumblewagon likes this.
  17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, I wasn't looking forward to this episode. I didn't really enjoy it. However we will see how the rest of the arc goes before making a final judgement. The animation was, as always, superb.

rumblewagon and Seerow like this.
  18. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Did not like this one. There are two ways that Star Wars does comedy. OT humour and PT (I'm focusing on Jar Jar here) humour. One is subtle, witty comments or little reactions from the characters that give us an insight into how they see things, and it makes us laugh. Han hitting the Falcon, telling 3PO to shut up, teasing Luke.

And then there's the obnoxious 'HEY LOOK AT ME I'M BEING FUNNY' kind of humour. Slapstick. Which I don't mind if it's silent, in the background, or played with a straight man. And while this episode wasn't slapstick, the character of WAC-47 was very much in that vein as Jar Jar. The clumsy fool who can't see himself for what he really is. WAC-47 annoyed me throughout the episode (That symbol on the side of his head is the same one Revan used in KotOR...why is that there?) and why can he talk? I would have absolutely adored this episode if Gascon had stayed behind and was giving them orders from the ship, while the SILENT droids, (except for beeps of course) fulfilled their mission while countermanding his orders. Hell, WAC could've been like the pit droids in Episode 1 and I would have loved it.

They had a chance to make a great, hilarious adventure here, but instead of delighting me it nearly annoyed.

rumblewagon and Apophis_ like this.
  19. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Ugh. Lemmee tell ya, man - that was a pretty rough episode. Worse than poisoned Mandalorian Gatorade.

Are you sure this is an arc? If so, how many episodes is it? Please don't say "four".

So far, the Onderon arc was a little above average, the Young Jedi was a little below average (that's actually good - I had feared it was going to be a disaster), and this was... not good. I love this show - really I do - but this season really needs to step up its game.

20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I thought the Onderon Arc was average and the Young Jedi arc was well above average, way better than my expectations.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  21. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Horrible Episode. After coming off the surprisingly well done Younglings episodes, this was a utter travesty.A pointless episode that was clearly written to appeal to toddlers. I could feel it being forced the entire episode. This episode was painful to watch.

- What was the point in the garbage sticking off the Gascon's chest piece? It just made the character seem fake and rushed. In fact, his character is ridiculous frankly already.
    - The constant slapstick was too heavy.
    - The comedy as a whole was too heavy and redundant.
    - A droid (Wac) who forgot things and was clumsy makes no sense at all. Programming would not allow that. It further ruined the episode.
    - This episode was OBVIOUSLY written for 5 yr old's, because that's about the only person that would enjoy it. I understand alot of kids watch the show and it is on the CN, but didn't we just come off a 4 episode ark about kids? Granted, it was well done and quite enjoyable. But, wasn't that enough for awhile? Is this how SW will become with Disney at the reigns? I certainly hope not, otherwise I will quit watching. As much as I love this show, if it keeps up with kiddie episodes constantly I'll skip them until we get back to Maul and Ventress stuff. Stuff I care about and enjoy.

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    On the fence here. I love R2-D2. I think his antics are often both funnier and more heroic than other characters. I also enjoyed him and Threepio in the droid duology last season for the most part. Hands down they are funnier than Jar Jar and other characters.

I liked the alien colonel a bit too. And Wac did have some Alpha 5 vibes.

I did not like Wac's constant antics. Toned down a bit more and I'd have liked him. I did like the 'Cyclops' nickname the Colonel gave him. Actually liked it better than his name.

R2 had some excellent moments in this episode. I love how he calmly opens the door while the Colonel is throwing a fit. The zero gravity fight was also very well done I thought and I did chuckle when R2 landed on the head droid.

It just seems like the had a great premise and overdid it in some areas for the sake of humor. Also yes, it should have ended on this episode. An arc doesn't seem like the best idea in my opinion.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It is not bashing. :rolleyes: It is just the other side the argument about that arc but you know, I understand that people do not like when their fave arc is being criticized in any way. I should know...
    You guys love it, I hate the guts out of it - two sides, there always two sides. Like it or not.

But as Tarkin said: This bickering is pointless. :p

I see people do not like the newest episode and I see why.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  24. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Random episode.. It's like whatever serious mood the season was going for came to a sheer stop. Why the campy slapstick all of a sudden?

Order66Survivor likes this.
  25. NOx_Covenant

NOx_Covenant Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2012
    I literally cringed throughout the entire episode ...

This was bad. Real bad.

My friend's always wondering why I like this show, and he's been meaning to watch it with me. Thank God he didn't ask to watch this episode with me, heh. I wouldn't be able to hear the end of it.