main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.11 - A Sunny Day In The Void - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like to be careful... once on a forum I got into trouble for saying badass.

My issue with Onderon is that it has an amazing history and nothing was used to make the story more interesting and diverse. Like have the "Nest" base first be an ancient Sith Tomb from King Ommin and have Ahsoka have a LUKE moment in facing a possible death of Lux but dealing with it...

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, but nothing to do with the discussion of continuity issues. That's just wasted potential, which is a whole other can of worms.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I have not watched the last 2 episodes of S4, and I haven't watched either of the droid episodes yet either.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well yes, with that I concur. So much potential wasted. One of these EU elements can fuel a story for, at least, 2 episodes. Exploring a Sith Temple with an heir of the Sith Lord Nadd be your constant guide and enemy into the tomb.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Warb_Null

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Or call King Rash... NOT RASH... but a descendent of General Vaklu - the main baddie on Onderon during the KOTOR 2 game.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vaklu

[​IMG]

IT IS NOT HARD, TCW!

5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Whenever I think of Warb Null, I don't imagine the Sith Lord, but the model maker for Empire At War modifications.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    A bunch of droids and a crazy frog dude explore a Sith Temple... hmmm...

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Watching those will be like opening Pandora's box. You will never be able to unlearn what you have learned.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "Brothers" and "Revenge" are more fun than "Secret Weapons", that's for sure. IMO once "Brothers" gets to Lotho Minor its get better and "Revenge" is just fun.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    No, Brothers will always be worse than the droids episodes. Brothers is on the same level as Evil Plans or Corruption.

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Personally, I have to laugh at all the habitable planets - especially those conveniently available to crash on - in the GFFA. They never check to see if the air is breathable, the liquid drinkable...

Granted, with Gregor living here, one could not have done it, but it would have been cool to have Colonel Frog forced to stay inside his droid dome command center as the environment was hostile to carbon based life forms.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well the droids wouldn't have to think about if its inhabitable or not. I always assume there is some kind of check done on screen. I'm not really surprised there are so many inhabitable planets in the GFFA. I tend to believe they are probably very common IRL. There are atleast 2 moons in our own solar system that may have inhabitable oceans.

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It would have been hilarious to hear his muffled voice cussing out the droids as he's confined in his command center with oxygen starting to run low.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That would have certainly been a more brutal and serious way to portray Gascon's going bonkers with fear of death.

SenatorKelberry likes this.
  14. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I'd like to. But between you and Zandalor, I can't.:p

15. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin certainly doesn't seem to double in power every time they meet. He's still no where near his ROTS ablities on the show. :p

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I tend to think the "My powers have doubled." line is just Anakin bragging. The "Sith lords are our speciality line" is really enhanced by TCW on the other hand. Hmm... lets stay on topic with this episode, please.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  17. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    The "my powers have doubled" thing was a little joke on my part. When I was a kid, there was a word problem that was common in grade school math classes involving a king promising someone a single grain of wheat, with that amount doubled every day for 30 days. The gist of it was that you wouldn't think it would turn out to be that much, but within three weeks the amount would be astronomical - more than any kingdom had. It was a neat way of teaching kids about the power of compounding.

So if Anakin's starts as the Chosen One, and his powers double every time he meets Dooku for encounter after encounter...

I guess they don't teach that problem in school no more...

pronker likes this.
  18. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I remember that one math problem, and with a little bit of research into the episode list for TCW, it can be computed!

My estimate - 5 encounters/duels, so 5x greater power?

19. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    32x greater than his AOTC powers, isn't it?

20. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Yeah, given that that is the starting point - let's see, the encounter with them all captured, the one at the end of Deception, the one in the TCW movie, ummmm...

21. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [face_hypnotized]

This thread, derailed it has been...

22. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I guess so ... therefore, I report that I agree that Jaxxon, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, was indeed the skeleton that R2ey and the rest found, as reported elsewhere on TFN. Looked at the episode again, and yeah.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Indeed... again, back on topic with this episode.

24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Removed. Don't talk about future episodes in here please. Use season 5 thread.

25. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Found this Episode pretty boring. I want more Maul action damn it.