TCW Episode The Clone Wars - Episode 5.11 - A Sunny Day In The Void - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Seerow, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    I like to be careful... once on a forum I got into trouble for saying badass.

My issue with Onderon is that it has an amazing history and nothing was used to make the story more interesting and diverse. Like have the "Nest" base first be an ancient Sith Tomb from King Ommin and have Ahsoka have a LUKE moment in facing a possible death of Lux but dealing with it...
  2. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Yeah, but nothing to do with the discussion of continuity issues. That's just wasted potential, which is a whole other can of worms.
  3. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have not watched the last 2 episodes of S4, and I haven't watched either of the droid episodes yet either.
  4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    Well yes, with that I concur. So much potential wasted. One of these EU elements can fuel a story for, at least, 2 episodes. Exploring a Sith Temple with an heir of the Sith Lord Nadd be your constant guide and enemy into the tomb.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Warb_Null

[IMG] [IMG]

Or call King Rash... NOT RASH... but a descendent of General Vaklu - the main baddie on Onderon during the KOTOR 2 game.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vaklu

[IMG]

IT IS NOT HARD, TCW!
  5. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Whenever I think of Warb Null, I don't imagine the Sith Lord, but the model maker for Empire At War modifications.
  6. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    A bunch of droids and a crazy frog dude explore a Sith Temple... hmmm...
  7. rumblewagon Force Ghost

star 4
    Watching those will be like opening Pandora's box. You will never be able to unlearn what you have learned.
    AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  8. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    "Brothers" and "Revenge" are more fun than "Secret Weapons", that's for sure. IMO once "Brothers" gets to Lotho Minor its get better and "Revenge" is just fun.
    Last edited by Seerow, Dec 11, 2012
  9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    No, Brothers will always be worse than the droids episodes. Brothers is on the same level as Evil Plans or Corruption.
  10. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    Personally, I have to laugh at all the habitable planets - especially those conveniently available to crash on - in the GFFA. They never check to see if the air is breathable, the liquid drinkable...

Granted, with Gregor living here, one could not have done it, but it would have been cool to have Colonel Frog forced to stay inside his droid dome command center as the environment was hostile to carbon based life forms.
  11. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Well the droids wouldn't have to think about if its inhabitable or not. I always assume there is some kind of check done on screen. I'm not really surprised there are so many inhabitable planets in the GFFA. I tend to believe they are probably very common IRL. There are atleast 2 moons in our own solar system that may have inhabitable oceans.
  12. rumblewagon Force Ghost

star 4
    It would have been hilarious to hear his muffled voice cussing out the droids as he's confined in his command center with oxygen starting to run low.
  13. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    That would have certainly been a more brutal and serious way to portray Gascon's going bonkers with fear of death.
    SenatorKelberry likes this.
  14. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'd like to. But between you and Zandalor, I can't.:p
  15. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin certainly doesn't seem to double in power every time they meet. He's still no where near his ROTS ablities on the show. :p
  16. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I tend to think the "My powers have doubled." line is just Anakin bragging. The "Sith lords are our speciality line" is really enhanced by TCW on the other hand. Hmm... lets stay on topic with this episode, please.
    KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  17. Narutakikun Force Ghost

star 4
    The "my powers have doubled" thing was a little joke on my part. When I was a kid, there was a word problem that was common in grade school math classes involving a king promising someone a single grain of wheat, with that amount doubled every day for 30 days. The gist of it was that you wouldn't think it would turn out to be that much, but within three weeks the amount would be astronomical - more than any kingdom had. It was a neat way of teaching kids about the power of compounding.

So if Anakin's starts as the Chosen One, and his powers double every time he meets Dooku for encounter after encounter...

I guess they don't teach that problem in school no more...
    pronker likes this.
  18. pronker Force Ghost

star 3
    I remember that one math problem, and with a little bit of research into the episode list for TCW, it can be computed!

My estimate - 5 encounters/duels, so 5x greater power?
  19. Narutakikun Force Ghost

star 4
    32x greater than his AOTC powers, isn't it?
  20. pronker Force Ghost

star 3
    Yeah, given that that is the starting point - let's see, the encounter with them all captured, the one at the end of Deception, the one in the TCW movie, ummmm...
  21. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]
    [face_hypnotized]

This thread, derailed it has been...
    Last edited by KenobiSkywalker, Dec 11, 2012
  22. pronker Force Ghost

star 3
    I guess so ... therefore, I report that I agree that Jaxxon, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, was indeed the skeleton that R2ey and the rest found, as reported elsewhere on TFN. Looked at the episode again, and yeah.
  23. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6

Indeed... again, back on topic with this episode.
  24. Watto Chosen One

star 4
    Removed. Don't talk about future episodes in here please. Use season 5 thread.
  25. DARTHKANISS Force Ghost

star 1
    Found this Episode pretty boring. I want more Maul action damn it.