main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.2 - A War on Two Fronts - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    I'm actually fairly optimistic about this arc, especially after the clip Tikkes posted. Where's the optimism thread when you need it :p I would think that Jedi training... rebels, for lack of a better term (sorry Esg) is happening quite a bit not only during the War but also somewhat frequently before this era to deal with pirates, warlords, and the like. I'm reminded of a conversation on the temp boards about when Kenobi and Vos teamed up to chased down Ziro during S3; how that was such a common mission for Jedi before the War. There's also a lower potential this arc will conflict with established continuity than others are predicted to (isn't there?) I'm not looking forward to more Lux but the general storyline seems interesting enough.

2. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    You remind me of that one dame from Lost Tribe of the Sith who was always obsessing with eugenics

3. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Sorry somone already posted this.​

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes my friend somebody already did :p

5. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Thats incorrect Sir. Sue Lawquaynes Kids are half Human and half Twilek. Thats Canon with TCW now. And who says that they will have kids? Maybe both die in Order66.

I dont like the idea of Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order for a guy. Thats totaly out of character for Ahsoka. Serving and doing her Duty is what she learned from Rex and his men in all those years at the frontlines. She will never leave the Jedi Order in wartimes wilingly. Maybe she will be kicked out from the council or just given to Matser Plo her secret Father...

umm....maybe Plo is her real Father? And she is a Half Togruta? That would be very funny. Or at least he had a relationship with her Mother before her Father came in...HAHAHA to much drinks, i had..

6. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Ever since the first trailer debuted I have been sort of dreading this four parter, among other things the design of the planet looks very dull. I’m not sure it’s interesting enough to work as the main location for 4 episodes in a row. Kinda afraid this will be like the "Mon Calla" trilogy, ok, but overall very forgettable. The clips make it look good though, really like the idea of Anakin training a group of rebels. That’s probably just in the first episode though, looks like only Ashoka stays with the group for the rest of the story. The Maul and Deathwatch stuff looks so exciting I just want to get back to that as soon as possible, and this just doesn’t look like it can compete with that storyline.

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Riiiiggghhttt... Even to this day that kind of view baffles me. :p

As I have said before: Very illogical!

So far the gunships look very effective in all clips and trailers... The Republic will have a hard time on Onderon![face_dancing]

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    War on Two Fronts? Whoa, calm down!

Maybe they'll murder a planetary leader in cold blood like Ben, too!

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The LOTF/Legacy Jedi were always so confused about how to get things done... I half suspect if Lucas were to read those books/comics, he'd agree with characters like Cade more than anyone else. "The Galaxy is run by Sith? Oh, the Jedi would have totally sent an infiltration team to blow them away. No questions."

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe the show will use the unused death of Osi Sobeck - the droids turn on the biological commander and execute him for his failure.

[​IMG]

After all there is a guy held by the old general guy and I think the droids on the steps will execute them both cause droids do not care.

DM99 likes this.
  11. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Why is Dooku sending this Kul Teska guy to help out the king? Do they want to control Onderon for the beast riders?

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Kenobi. And I can't believe that I even have to explain that. When I see Anakin, I never think of Solo...
    LOTF has done more damage than I thought. ;)

TreborSabreon likes this.
  13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe it will have the same role as the Tactical droid jerk that left Wat Tambor on Ryloth.

And how is a droid like Kal Teska?

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Would someone care to explain the title, A War On Two Fronts? I don't know exactly what they are referring to. Its like The Two Towers. Cool, which two towers?

15. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    I'm sure it already been covered somewhere, so my apologies for not recalling where and/or if I'm incorrect, but War On Two Fronts is probably just something obvious like external, such as combating the CIS, versus internal, perhaps due to a betrayal within the group for example.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    This Onderon Arc is gonna be really good :)

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  17. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    Well this synopsis seems to me like a simple intrigue and without pretention, which may not be a bad thing. For when the series try to get into complex scenario and EU stuffs, they messed up.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_laugh]

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Let's first see it and then talks cause sometimes arcs do not meet expectations - last season I was so hyped for the Dac arc but it failed so much, especially cause of the phoned in Anakin.
    I hope Onderon is better, not bad the least.

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The second front I think is either just referring to external and internal threats to the rebels, and therefore not really an accurate title. Or, if these rebels are meant to foreshadow the Rebellion, the second front might be the Republic. I still doubt that "front" will break out into open conflict. But it might be a matter of the Republic arming the rebels with the expectation that once they drive the Separatists away that they will re-join the Republic, only for them to instead drive the Separatists away and tell the Republic to leave too. So instead of arming a potential ally, the Republic ends up arming a new power that rejects the increasing corruption of the Republic and don't wish to subject themselves to Palpatine.

21. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Oh, wow! When you put it like that, it reminds me of the plot for Lawrence of Arabia.

22. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    1 Front Onderon Rebels vs CIS

2 Front Onderon Rebels vs Republic

Republic is planing to conquer onderon after Rebels and CIS destroy each other.

Rebels (Future Rebell Alliance) vs Republic (Future Empire)

23. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Double post, sorry, time ran out.

Because Anakin and Ahsoka are going to Onderon together, Anakin will probably smell the tension in the air, when Ahsoka and Lux are around each other. I kinda hope he acts like a big brother and puffs his chest out. "You think you're good enough to date my sister Padawan?!" I wonder if Anakin will scold Ahsoka for developing a relationship with Lux. "Oh, yeah, Skyguy? One word: Padme." But he definitely won't tell anyone else, certainly not Obi-Wan; he'll cover for her. And then, after this arc, comes Clovis...

Spazmatron likes this.
  24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    IMO the Rebel thing is just a stupid marketing thing to advertise it hardcore OT fans. :D

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    2 hours left for Episode 2 for us Canadians :)