main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.4 - The Soft War - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 17, 2012.

1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Spazmatron

That was Raxus in Season 3. This is the first time we've gone to Onderon in TCW.

2. General_Un-Co

General_Un-Co Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2010
    The planet in "Heroes on Both Sides" was Raxis headquarters of the CIS parliment.

I think the simplest explanation is that the new Onderron is a part of Lucas's vision, except when the other version was his vision, but he wont let himself stand in the way of his new vision! Because he now has technology that wasn't available 2 years ago, so he can finally show that Mina Bontarri was not a "hero" as the episode mistakenly labels her, but another puppet villain, lying through her teeth.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Regardless of what people say, this episode was awesome

4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    That was Raxus, the Separatist capital.

Already answered, my bad.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You know that kinda explains the beatnik tattoos and Padme's complete lack of political tact...

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Ah ha ha ha a revolution.

I guess Laura Roslin became President of the Colonies by default ;)

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Revolutionary Girl Bonteri

8. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Luxs Father was a General in the Onderon CIS MiIlitia. He died on Aargonar and was killed from........REX! DA DA DAM!!!

But not because of the War, but because of Mina and a deadly love triangle!!!!!!!!

Thats a story twist!

ha!

9. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Yeah! Thats super good writing, ha?!

[face_laugh]

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    May I throw in another crazy suggestion:

Dooku could be Lux's father. The way Mina used to speak of him, you could see the two possibly having had an affair, resulting in her pregnancy. Another possible reason why Dooku decided to get rid of her?

11. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    I thought Dooku is Anakins dad? Than maybe Lux and Anakin are halfbrothers?

RedneckStarwars

btw, why do many females prefer older Guys? Dooku (Its very clear that Ventress had a huge crush on him), Palpatine (Ysanne Isard LOVES him crazily..[face_sick] )?

Is it the POWER or does older men look more atractive to women? :confused:

12. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    A question that applies probably more to our World than the GFFA's,
    although both share the same answers as to what those specific women seek:
    Maturity, stability, wisdom, sensitivity, experience and apparently some women just enjoy fondling around with super wrinkly low-hangers.

13. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    sounds logical but still a bit....ewww...

14. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I think in terms of Mina Bonteri, there is a difference in agreeing to ideals and principle rather than execution of those ideals. Heroes on Both Sides showed that the Senators of the CIS are not totally aware of what is really going on in the war. Also, just because everyone is on the same side doesn't mean that they are hive minded and share the exact same beliefs. Given time, I think Mina would have realized that even the Seperatists had the wrong idea, and, like her son, she would have sided with the rebels.

15. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dooku hid most of the things the separatist army did from the CIS' general population. Maybe Mina had no idea what was actually going on and only knew what certain officials put in place by Dooku told her. I guess they would still need to resolve the implication that they were sided with the Republic prior to the war.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Honestly... I don't get it. So I blame my confusion on the fact that those stories were written by guys.:p

DM99 likes this.
  17. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm a guy and I don't get it either. :p

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Honestly Onderon was never mentioned in HOBS. All that was really mentioned about Mina Bonteri is she admired Dooku. Where "Soft War" conflicts with this is by implying Onderon was a neutral world and ex King Dendup thought both were its and the Republic were corrupt. What's more Mina Bonteri didn't seem quite as fond of Jedi as Dendup apparently is. Then the decision to join the C.I.S. was made for them, almost explicitly implying evil big brother C.I.S. invaded and installed King Rash then apparently oppressed it citizens. How much Mina actually knew about the war doesn't seem very relevant to me when the evil C.I.S. came knocking on Onderon. Its possible Mina Bonteri was always supportive of joining the C.I.S. and then when everything went down was appointed that way. However historically supporting the group who invaded and a rebellion is struggling to kick off worldn't likely make one the noble figure who would be proud of her son. It makes it sound like she opened the door. People make mistakes, but...

On the other hand the line about the war shaping Lux's is much more poignant so maybe that's what Dendup meant - "My how you've grown"? - and the destruction of the power generator on Coruscant seems alot more ironic now.

19. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Again,
    Or for those who prefer it explained in a more poetic form:

Jedi Fortune Cookie

20. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    So, I did actually see the episode Saturday, I've just spent the intervening time trying to think of something to say about it. It was a good episode and it moved the plot along...just like the one before it did...and that's mostly it. I hoping for something jaw-dropping to wrap it all up Saturday, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get it or not.

Still, there were some stand out moments for me that made this episode enjoyable.

I loved Ahsoka's indecisiveness at the climax of the episode. Whether or not she should interfere in the execution when all hope seemed lost.

Watching the interactions between Lux & Steela, and Lux & Ahsoka was interesting to watch. As I had been hoping for since the first episode they seem to do a good job of staying focused on why these people are here, in addition to exploring the awkward triangle the seem to have inadvertently found themselves in.

I do wonder if Ahsoka told her Masters at the very end exactly WHY it was the King now knew the Jedi were involved. Would have liked to hear that part of the conversation.

Anyway, until next week!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    You still have much to learn young Padawan! Look, Yoda and Palpatine even gelled back their hair for the new season and young chicks...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its all about beeing COOL.. Girls love it. :cool:

22. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    [face_plain]

This
    [face_sick]

23. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011
    Obi-Wan looks like he;s totally judging Palpatine in that picture. Guess he doesn't approve of the slicked back hair trying to win over the younger ladies. [face_laugh]

Barriss_Coffee and DM99 like this.
  24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    "Hmmm....that hemline is just a touch too long. Tsk, tsk."

DM99 likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The turtlenecks potential as a tactical garment has been ruined.