main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.4 - The Soft War - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You are not. This arc is not even taking advantage of the environment. The arc has totally forgotten about the Beast Riders.

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    The best part of this episode was the execution of the pear. *sarcasm*

Kalani looked so stupid in that smoke, especially with Saw knocking him down.

3. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I thought this episode was excellent, the best one yet from this arc. Impressive considering it featured so little of the main characters.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  4. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Do you guys think the Jedi Council will send reinforcements?

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The Jedi are a bunch of hypocrites. Who knows...

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That old king guy didn't seem to give a damn about doing anything for his people until Saw mentioned the Jedi were onboard. So he denounces the Republic as corrupt, but not the Jedi? Is he some sort of Romantic of the Uli Qel-Droma era and want a Jedi on Onderon's throne once again?

...nah. That would be a plot twist. TCW doesn't like plot twists. And it doesn't like using the EU for anything other than pretty settings and technology.

7. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012

8. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Recycling Anakin and Padme from AotC was awful. WHY are they borrowing things like this from the films? It's not clever, it's awkward.

Other than that.. well, more happened. The king is a boring pompous who likes fruit. The general is probably Saw and Steela's father or uncle. I guess this episode did offer more, but I just feel tired of this arc, of the rebels and king and Onderon (even though I'm impressed with its design).

DM99 likes this.
  9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    So far this episode is the best cause it actually did something interesting and not just talk like a babbling idiot. It was a lot better!

This episode still does not change my feelings for the last two episodes. So much so that this episodes has rendered the second episode useless since the same was said here in less time.

Happy that finally they are doing something but this should have been the second episode with the first being a merged version of the first two episodes.

Again, I love the characters on the CIS side.

10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    this episode was a lot better than the others but it was still boring i give it a 7 / 10

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    When Saw tried to escape with the King, was funny, i yelled Fail when the hook shot hit the force field

DM99 and Darth_Foo like this.
  12. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I was pleasantly surprised. Finally seeing battles of non-clone or jedi vs. droids and the realism of the people losing until reinforcements showed up. Loved the laser guillotine! This really should have been the part two of four.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I would give this episode an 8.5 out of 10 but still does not excuse all the dumb stalling...

[​IMG]

fistofan1, Barriss_Coffee and DM99 like this.
  14. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    nice episode, the animation was superb espacialy saws torture.

but the story remains garbage.

p.s. bonteri sux.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hey, maybe the Jedi actually WILL send those reinforcements, now that something interesting finally happened!

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hondo will be the reinforcements

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Looks like this show's creators aren't on the same page as its audience.

18. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Given how incompetent they seemed to need Kalani to be, it's probably for the best that it wasn't Grievous. He doesn't need any more humiliating losses.

19. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Was it just me or did Lux seem to be flirting with both Steela and Ahsoka in this episode?

20. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Yep, he's wanting that threesome.

cwustudent and atouchofanarchy like this.
  21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I just started it, but in the first five minutes alone I'm feeling a much better vibe than last week. My expectations so far are being met.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    They do not. This arc is going against all the rules set in previous seasons - make each EPISODE memorable and make it feel almost like a movie each week. NOT like a film cut by monkey in the most awkward places...

23. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    What was your first clue? :p

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    So it was not Hondo in this episode- "surprising indeed".

Much better episode than the previous one. I really loved to see that classic "escape from the execution" scene finally in Star Wars. Reminded me of Robin Hood and Pirates of the Caribbean, westerns etc. Especially Robin Hood Tv-series where Sheriff of Nottingham used to give similar kind of speeches to people as Rash did.

+Nice ideas like the whole execution-thing.
    +Rain with thunder was a nice touch. There was even puddles after the rain ended. Great little detail.
    +New human General was a good addition to the cast of characters.
    +No Dooku-hologram.
    +Dono's death- she was somewhat recognizable character and had a larger role and died as a victim of ordinary SBD without epic death scene.(But there should have been more of these named rebels who would fall in battle and sacrifice themselves for Onderon.)
    +Holo-guillotine was rather interesting design. It may be re-used later.

-Kalanni had no moment to shine....
    -Magnas had yellow staffs while their eyes were red.... why they keep changing things like that? Why to change color of their staffs anyway purple was better.
    -Whole Mina Bonteri-thing bothered me a bit. King Dendup was not aligned with Republic neither Confederacy- but Mina was separatist.... what happened between them and Rash?
    -King Rash took quite a risk showing his face there in the middle of the square. Would've been better to see only hologram of him there. Also lines like "Time to die" could have been bit more unique.
    -While they have been busy creating new models(kudos to them), re-use of old models for twi'leks, togrutas and similar humans side by side looked bit dumb.

After all much better than "Front Runners"- but many things could have been better.....

25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I think the Magnaguards and the yellow staffs were more like a special executioner model. Similar to how they have different types of B1s.