main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.5 - Tipping Points - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    "Filoni, we need the quality."

"NOT TONIGHT."

*click*

Esg and Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan like this.
  2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope this episode is nothing like the awful Plan of Dissent.

I hope so too. And I am hopeful that other droid models we love appear as well.

GeneralCIS likes this.
  3. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm sure if they bring more super tactical droids in the picture they'll bring the gunships.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Think both Guevera siblings are fairly stock characters.

5. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    I'm excited for this ep, but I'm not sure if it's because it looks promising or that I'm anxious for this arc to be done. As good as Tipping Points may be it can't completely make up for the poor pacing, dialog, and one-sidedness of the rest of the arc. Sure it'll have droid gunships, which is great since they appear to actually be a serious obstacle, and Hondo makes an appearance, both of which are of course references to the US's involvement in Russia's occupation of Afghanistan, but in the end the 'rebels' will be victorious (at a price) and Ahsoka will be ashamed that she let her feelings get in the way of the mission. TCW isn't known for surprise endings or plot twists, so I guess I'll just sit back and enjoy the excellent animation.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Exactly. In fact, after watching the clip again, I'm positive that Anakin is about to say "U.S." before he catches himself and says "Hondo".

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Totally this. You'd think this arc would be more exciting since its all original characters and anything could happen to them but its not. I think a reason for that is the characters are so bland. Steela revolved around being competition for Ahsoka and Saw is kinda cool but isn't even as complex as Dale from Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers. The arc just doesn't do a good job getting people to care about them and the impact of any deaths is going to be more like "Well... there goes Steela. Haha." Just thinking about it in comparison to Umbara where we had atleast 8 distinct and cool characters despite them being clones. I wonder if this arc could have atleast benefited from more characters to use vs. like 4 if we count Dono in the Rebel's group.

Inblackestnight and eht13 like this.
  8. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    I would rather have Steela die. But I doubt Steela will die most likely Saw will die.

Well we would care about all of them more if they built up there back story more by showing more of what Onderon was like before the separatists came there but. They pretty much just had the Jedi go train a bunch of rebels we have never seen before and Lux. If they added more characters from past episodes and did not wait until the last episode to add Hondo. I think the arc would have been going much better.

9. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Is this episode not airing in Canada tonight?

10. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    probly is on right now

11. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Spill the beans Canadians.

12. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah they could use more development still though I am just shocked to see some nonwhite humans.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    no, not till next week

Spazmatron no, it's not, Teletoon is airing it next week along with The Gathering

14. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Well then what aired tonight. nothing? .... that doesn't make sense

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Thing is I know TCW can make me care about a character in a single episode. Chuchi, Numa, Cut, Ima-Gun-Di, Tup, Dogma, The real Rako Hardeen (who got less then 5 minutes of screentime), Pluma, and Krismo. They could have done it with Saw and Steela if they weren't so flat and generic. And ya know I'm the person who likes campy stuff and I'm saying this (And don't get me wrong. I like Saw which is just one more reason he'll probably get killed off). IMO original characters are better when used well. I don't think it would matter which episode Hondo came in at if the rest of the originals were cool. Lux is the only character I really give a rats ass about in this entire arc. I agree TCW should have done more to show us more about why the rebels are fighting to free Onderon from the Separatists. There is alot to be say about that and I feel like I've gone in circles with it for two weeks now.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Justice League: Doom

17. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Yeah No new episode in Canada this week :(. Stupid how they would do that on the finale of a 4 part arc.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    yep, so they will air it next week along with The Gathering even though my tv guide still says An Old Friend

19. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    Well first of all thank you for your reply and I agree that most of the original tcw characters are better then some of the older characters. And I can't wait for this arc to finally be over so we can start getting to some different story lines. Anyways I'll post here again after I watch the episode tomorrow

20. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    There's dumb tactics and then there's DUMB TACTICS. Don't charge directly in with the large horse things, ambush the convoy and charge from the underbrush flank, take a few out, then hide in the brush again: Hammer and Anvil strikes!

It's like they know the droids are dumb as sht and don't even care. Not even COMMANDOS can hit the large soft targets directly in front of them!

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Nor can the clones. I watched Cloak of Darkness yesterday and was marveling at how when the SBDs are marching down the corridor shoulder to shoulder - and really there was more droid than empty space - the clones are still missing. And it's not even like they are shooting all over the place. Some of the clones had very high precision and could hit the same spot on the wall, but they had terrible, terrible accuracy.

22. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Wow, what a gut punch for an ending. Amazing end to a great story arc. Always good to have Hondo appear.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  23. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I loved how Kalani just shoots Rash at the end, and the Droid Gunship's "By your command." line.

I wonder what happened to Okalin?

Awesome episode, best of the arc.

SeparatistFan and DM99 like this.
  24. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Not a bad ending, I enjoyed it.

If only Hondo could've had more screen time.

25. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    I cryed when Steela died when Ahsoka got shot I thought she would die, except for all those trailer moments.