TCW Episode The Clone Wars - Episode 5.6 - The Gathering - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Seerow, Oct 31, 2012.

1. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Lucas didn't retcon previous Wookiee Jedi out of existence, he just deemed that there weren't to be any more. And given Filoni's unique access to Lucas as a resource, I don't know if the floodgates are opened for more Wookiee Jedi or if the EU is still restricted.

Though we're talking about a guy that four years ago was insisting that there definitely would not be a sequel trilogy since the story was concluded and there was nothing else to tell0, and that he left instructions that there were not to be any more films. Now he's saying the exact opposite. That the ST and not the OT will serve as the conclusion (don't know what's left to conclude unless the Sith come back or the Force is still unbalanced, the Empire gets a new heir to take Palpatine's place, etc.) He's also said that he's fine with there being movies after he's out of the picture... So I wouldn't put it past him to just have completely changed his mind when it comes to Wookiee Jedi too.
    DM99 likes this.
  2. DM99 Jedi Master

star 3
    Lucas would be a good politician! I want to see him as the next republican candidate for presidenzy.
  3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    He is a total Romney! [face_laugh]
    Last edited by Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan, Nov 8, 2012
  4. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    Lucas is a liberal, I'm not sure if you've caught that. Anyhow, this discussion should be moved towards the Social Thread...
  5. DM99 Jedi Master

star 3
    lucas is a monarchy fan.
    Paparazzo likes this.
  6. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    That doesn't mean he couldn't be liberal.

On topic and the episode itself, the shot of the Jedi cruiser approaching Ilum was gorgeous.
    Seerow likes this.
  7. Paparazzo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    A lot of the visuals were on point.
  8. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    It was particularly gorgeous. Ilum looked a bit like Jupiter's icy moon Europa IRL. The show has come a great ways in planetary shots. They all look breath taking.
    AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Coming late to this party as the episode just aired here in the UK. I enjoyed this one a lot - my favorite so far of the current series.
    Watto likes this.
  10. Watto Chosen One

star 4
    This was the first episode to air in the US post-Disney announcement. It was kind of a double whammy with the news of Episode 7, and then this episode seemed like such a refreshing return to the mythological roots of Star Wars. Left me feeling so hopeful for the future of Star Wars...

And then Disney canceled Clone Wars just a few months later without giving it a proper ending. :(
    Last edited by Watto, Apr 17, 2013