main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.9 - A Necessary Bond - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Great episode !

Thoughts fresh on the mind
    - I think the opening chase scene could have been cut down. We knew Ahsoka and friends couldn't escape b/c of the storyline.

- the (unintentional?) suspense built from the last moments of last weeks episode regarding Ganodi (I believe I have the name right the female Rodian Youngling) being unresponsive was .. Nothing. I got sorta excited this week when again she didn't answer a message of help from Petro but she was just chilling in the back of the ship with Artoo putting Huyang back together .. Then she asks "OMGS AHSOKA WE RESCUED YOU?!" When she is in clear present danger ; I laughed .. Not sure if I was supposed to.

- also 1 more thing for now .. DEE BRADLEY BAKER IS BYPH... What CAN'T that talking fish Clone do ?!

2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    What about the few pirates the got shot down in the canyon by Grievous and his forces?!

OH YES! Grievous was threatening and cool
    Major props to this episode for that...

GRIEVOUS was such an awesome threat in this episode.

And the Jedi ran and hid like they do. :D

IT IS SLAVE 1! 100% sure.

And Grievous has survived worse like being inside an exploding ship in the Malevolence arc.

It would have been awesome but it would make more sense to not murder the characters that are aimed for the target audience of this arc.

I think it still is under CIS control...

GENIUS ARC!

Order66Survivor OH YEAH!

His Wall-e impression is spot on!

Order66Survivor likes this.
  3. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    At last Grievous didn't run and it was finally the Jedi that did.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    This episode should be shown to all those who like to call him a coward. This episode showed once again that Jedi do what Grievous usually did - RUN away.

PS:
    What was up with the random and stupid cameo from the 501st clones!? Why are these bags of flesh being phoned into every arc even if there is no Anakin?

THAT REMINDS me:

One of the best arc of the series AND IT HAD NO ANAKIN THE USELESS. See, the show does great arcs without him.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  5. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    Always love your posts Dan!! Your line above turning around Mace Windu's line was going through my head as well when I was watching . Bravo !!

Hondo - in 5.8 thread I was also voicing my eagerness to put him aside for at least the rest of the season and I stand by that , BUT BUT BUT he went out with a bang in ANB!!!

His 1 liners were fantastic per usual ! his unshakable demeanor actually was shook by Dooku but kind of like The Joker laughing his way down what was nearly his death in the dark knight , he stays 100% true to his character.

"That is not good business !!" - something like that to Dooku as he was dragged away to his holding cell

Another note (sorry I'm dragging there's so much to say )

But
    +++++++Grevious was menacing , scary , and dominant until the very end (saw someone give the episode 9 instead of a 10 cause corny GG ending)

------------ way too easy to infiltrate the supposedly Seppy-controlled pirate camp .. Shouldn't the prisoner area , especially Hondo's, be guarded heavily ? Although they didn't know Ahsoka was there .. But shoot , she's always there. (Organic-killing Super weapon testing episode and hey, Onderon!)

Thanks for reading guys. So happy to have a place to share my SW love

6. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    Like Dan said , those Jedi are such cowards !

(Sorry for double post.. Using forum runner)

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Thank you for reading and liking the remark.

People have to admit that if TCW has something right is that it has created a ton of awesome quotes and lines from Hondo in SW universe.

Props to the episode for that.
    I actually think that aside from his early days... Grievous has never been defeated in this series in a duel. There are usually some complications or the Jedi just run away or fall off and so on.
    In both duels with Ahsoka, she loses and runs away while Grievous is laughing or yelling/gloating in anger.
    Most Kenobi fights end with Kenobi not able to defeat Grievous or Grievous beating him into an unconscious state.

GRIEVOUS HAS BEEN A PURE WIN IN THIS ARC. Thank you Young Jedi.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    They are Younglings what do you expect and Ahsoka stood her ground

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    And then ran away.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  10. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    I expected what happened . The opening chase scene ate into so much of the 22 minutes the end was no surprise .. Still entertaining tho.

We know how the war ends , but we enjoy the ride, right ?!

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    then Grievous almost got killed, but thanks to ROTS, and he still doesn't have a good rep

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    They did not need that long of an opening chase. More of the Hondo vs Droids would have been more fun.
    We do. I actually love that the show is showing more of Grievous outside the comics and movie.

Dude. Face it - Anakin almost got killed and DIED in S1.

GRIEVOUS GOT SHOT AT BY SLAVE I and got right back up! :D

The reputation thing is just laziness on viewer's end.

13. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    This may have been the most consistently enjoyable arc in TCW's history. I loved Grievous in this episode. He didn't do anything especially cheesy and he was an actual threat. Hondo was hilarious as always, especially at the end when he mentioned that a few of his men maaaay have died. :p Seeing Slave 1 with its OT paint scheme was cool, even if it did further mess up continuity.

Looking back, I think that this arc would have been a good prime time mini-movie. Each act ties together well and removing it from the series proper would have gotten us to the Clovis and Mauldalore arcs more quickly. I hope that we get more adventures with the Young Jedi. Their story turned out really well!

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    R2 driving that tank was badass,

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh yeah! One of the most consistent. I have not enjoyed an entire arc like this ever since Geonosis.

It was and Hyuang's lines to R2 made him so awesome as R2's new partner in the show. ;)

AkashKedavra_93 and Darth Vader like this.
  16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    it would be cool to see Hyuang accompany R2 and those other droids in Droid Arc :p

And R2 basically knocking Hyuang off the ship was funny, R2 was like GET OUT OF MY WAY

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That made ROFL hard. David Tennant talking to R2 about Grievous and R2 being rough was awesome.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I noticed a ship similar to the Twilight perched above Hondo's batcave secret garage. I miss the Twilight.

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That was a nasty foreshadow of what could happen soon.

20. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Huyong is like the C3PO we never had.

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh yeah. Or what 3PO should be in TCW.

22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I know! =(( But I will hang onto my hope of Anakin arriving on Tatooine in a spice freighter!!! He can repair it, right? RIGHT???

23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The season trailer we always get before each Episode showed the Twilight being destroyed and Satine jumping out of it, so it's a nasty foreshadowing of what will happen ;)

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed... sad...
    :(

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Why does Obi-Wan have Twilight? that's Anakin's ship