main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episodes 117 & 118: Blue Shadow Virus/The 1000 Moons Discussion Threads

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    While I don't think he's an Er'Kit, it would be awesome if he was. That species doesn't get half enough attention.

BTW, Mystery of a Thousand Moons preview: Link

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Hardly, he looks quite different. No elongated head, flappy ears, blue patterned skin or small high nose. Plus one finger too many (though that happens a lot in Star Wars). No, I think they'll make him a new species, as usual...

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    How about an Omwati?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Omwati

Those things around his eyes may not be part of his head.

4. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    It would be really great if he was an omwat, what with the scientific background and all. Alas, he doesn't quite look like one, he doesn't have the feather hair and is more white pale than blue, and he has that strange mohawk-like ridge on top of his head...

5. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I don't understand some of these previews. Isn't that like a key scene in the episode? Why spoil it gratuitously like this? Previews should just give us a taste of what the episode is like, not reveal major events in it.

6. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks for the warning, man. I will skip that preview... I agree, I don't understand the reasoning for a lot of their preview videos.

Also, the speculation on the mad scientist's species really shows the importance of making distinct, original alien designs. We have approximately 100 different alien races in the Star Wars galaxy that are basically just "human, but blue".

If they can't come up with a cool original design, they really should recycle one of the many cool designs that already exist in the universe.

7. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Hear, hear! It's baffling that with all the freedom allowed by CG graphics, they are still following the old Star Trek way of adding some putty to the guy's face and painting him a different color and calling him an alien.

Give me revwien, a chevin! A verpine or a myneyrsh. Bring on the freak show!

8. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    From CartoonNetwork.com:

Already posted by me on Page 1 from the OS, and I black highlighted the parts about The Thousand Moons. Thanks, G_M. :-B

9. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    From aintitcool.com

Craig Titley is a big-deal writer-producer who?s such a giant ?Star Wars? nerd he didn?t like getting on planes before May 2005 because he was determined not to die before he saw ?Revenge of the Sith.?

Soon after he saw ?Sith? he agreed to take time from his ongoing movie career to script several episodes of the Cartoon Network?s new ?Clone Wars? series.

His first ?Clone Wars? episode, titled ?Blue Shadow Virus,? forms the first half of Friday night?s special ?Clone Wars? hour. Watch it and feel Craig?s dream realized.

LOL. The guy who posted this is like best friends with the writer. Not sure how "big-deal" he is consider his credit list off IMDB.com:

1. Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005) (characters)
    ... aka Moins cher la douzaine 2 (Canada: French title)
    2. Cheaper by the Dozen (2003) (screen story)
    3. Scooby-Doo (2002) (story)
    4. See Spot Run (2001) (adaptation)
    5. Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon? (2001) (TV) (written by)

While I think it's really cool that he's a big SW fan, his body of work doesn't bode well for tonight's episode. Still, the mad scientist is a different angle -- I just hope it isn't too cheesy and cliche.

10. VladTheImpaler

Apr 13, 2000
    Haha. Yeah, the AICN poster must be friends with Craig Titley, otherwise there's no way anybody would be hyped up by hearing that name.

Still, even though none of those movies are very good, they are pretty big, well known Hollywood movies, so it's not too much of a stretch to call him "big-deal". He probably could have earned a lot more cash doing hack work for big-budget family comedies, but he decided to follow his heart and do Star Wars for a while. That's respectable.

...I just hope it results in some good episodes. I won't judge him by his work on Scooby-Doo and Cheaper By The Dozen, since those are the types of movies that go through a million different writers before hitting the big screen.

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    at least they're only using writers who apparently love Star Wars.

12. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    That's not necessarily a good thing. Often times too much involvement with the subject matter makes people loose objectivity.

13. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    ,,Give me revwien, a chevin! A verpine or a myneyrsh. Bring on the freak show!,,

Hell yeah!!!

14. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I wonder if Gunray is behind all of it to try and have Padme killed by the virus?

Maybe the Doc is a Tammuz-an?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tammuz-an_%28species%29

15. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    That would be wrealy cool.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Oh, I get it!

The "mystery" of the Mystery of a Thousand Moons is what exactly the Doc is!:p

Obi-Wan: "However shall we find the antidote for the virus?"
    Anakin: "Maybe it's from wherever the Doc's from."
    Obi-Wan: "You're right, Anakin. He's certainly not listed in Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Alien Species, and I can't find him on Wookieepedia. This search might take us across a thousand moons!"

17. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I think "The Mystery of a thousand moons" is the coolest Clone Wars episode title so far!

18. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, most titles have been mostly descriptive, which is not really the SW norm. My vote goes for "Cloak of Darkness", though.

Wow, still no webcomic! It seems they really screwed up this time...

19. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    I wonder if Mystery of a Thousand Moons takes place in the Thousand Moons system?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thousand_Moons_system

20. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Wow, interesting find. It does seem very possible.

21. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I still think Jason from the Force-cast's Vector of Confusion is the best title I've ever heard, and sums up my feelings about the EU.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Whoh, good find. Talk about obscure.

23. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Where is the comic for Eps. 17 and 18???!!! StarWars.com NEVER has em out THIS late! *Rips hair out*

24. VladTheImpaler

Apr 13, 2000
    Eight minutes in and here is my reaction so far: :(

Sorry to be so critical so early, but geez. I sure hope this improves. This is easily worst episode ever material so far. The Jar Jar impersonator has gotten even worse.

25. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Some very cool images so far, the statue heads from TPM, the animals Anikin rode on in AOTCs. Jar Jar voice is terrible once again and to quote Nute Gunray... NOW THERE ARE TWO OF THEM!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.