main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars: Episodes 117 & 118: Blue Shadow Virus/The 1000 Moons Discussion Threads

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    -Love the Padme-voiced angel.

-It's interesting that the Naboo Queen doesn't know who's in control of the war, the Jedi or the Senate. Why the constant confusion about the Jedi role?

-Love the crazy monologuing Doc. When Jar Jar says "whysa you doing this" and he says "well, its funny you should ask that," the tone of this character becomes crystal clear to anyone paying attention.

-Great to see Ahsoka back, kicking ass.

-I found these episodes really suspenseful, for some reason.

-All of the Obi/Anakin dialogue is amazing, especially Obi-Wan's line about how he "hides it better." Genius.

-I actually hated seeing Mace and Yoda holos again. They are my Jar Jar. They do nothing but repeat the same "send help, we must" crap.

EDIT: Was Padme wearing the belly revealing top just to prove how not pregnant she is?

2. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Hmm, mad German-sounding scientist...
    Was anyone else expecting Dr Vindi to start doing an ad for Virgin Media? [face_laugh]

[image=http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6610/madgermanscientistsxu3.jpg]

Also, don't get me wrong - I actually like Jar-Jar, and I think his new voice is getting better, but what's with Padme constantly defending his bumbling actions? :p
    "Oh, I think he's found the location of the virus!"
    Yeah, you'd have got it yourself if he hadn't just totalled that droid...

Still, I suppose we've got to have the 'noble-intentioned' Jar-Jar back, after he got that Senator killed. :p

Other than that, thoroughly enjoyed both eps :)

EDIT: Oh, and the comic's up - in 'manual' form again:
    http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/comic/preview2009_2/index.html?page=1
    hence it not appearing in the flash-browser.

3. DaggerSword

DaggerSword Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2008
    I hope the KOTOR reference with the ship graveyard was intentional. There seemed to be Hammerhead cruiser parts all over it.

One question, though. Why install the system in the first place, what did Iego have that the Separatists didn't want anyone to run off with? Oh wait, the cure for the virus? I guess.

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    The Battle Droids? Maybe they were planning to come back and get them later.

5. vergeten

vergeten Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2009
    It was interesting to see Anakin's emotions getting in the way.
    He was definitely in touch with the dark side.

I really was afraid we were going to lose Ahsoka!

6. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Thought both parts were great. I loved the return to Naboo and how the animation fleshed that out. Nice to see the big three and Ahsoka so involed in this story. Liked seeing "The planet with a thousand moons" too.

7. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    2. good,first not bad.Nice seeing an angel.

8. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I liked both episodes better than I thought I would. Both started off kind of weird with the mad scientist in the first half and the kid who reprogrammed all the battle droids. I was put off by Dr.V over-the-topness but as the episode I realized how really insane the guy was. I think this was the first out and out crazy person I've seen in Star Wars! That made him more dangerous because all the other villains at least had some rationality. This guy was willing to kill himself and anybody else. I was actually caught up in the suspense at the end of the first half and worried that the bombs were going to go off! Even though you knew Padme was going to make it, I liked seeing Anakin being torn up that both the women in his life, his secret wife and the girl he's whos become like a little sister were dying. I also liked Padme and Ahsoka's interaction. I thought Ahsoka was in great in both eps. The part where she used the Force on the grenade over the secret lab's entrance.

9. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    GREAT EPISODES! My favorite two yet! I really loved everything about these two.

There was so much suspense and excitement in these two; More than in any other episode i think. Naboo was BEAUTIFUL. The CGI and picture quality of these two episodes were MUCH better i think. Also some truly GREAT dialogue that really made it feel like star wars. Some great humor too. I kept expecting anakin to go crazy and kick some a$$ but he remained very calm about it IMO; Which shows how he is getting better at controlling himself -to a certain extent of coarse.

these really were my favorite two yet.

The only thing i wish would have been a little better was the dialogue between ashoka and padme but i guess they want to wait until we get really deep into the last seasons for stuff like that.

10. brainwash

brainwash Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2009
    The Queen of Naboo must have a high turnover rate, what with there being one for each episode of prequels, plus this one. Then again, if Padme's tenure was any indication, it's probably the second least safe job next to being a Jedi. It's probably Jar Jar's fault.

11. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Hey-- just caught Millennium Falcon-style freighter cameo in "Blue Shadow Virus", lower right corner of matte painting when Padme's ship is approaching Theed. Similar to appearance in AOTC...

12. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Cant wait too see Rex training Jar Jar.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They should have used either Jamillia or Apailana.

I also think the scenes where they caught the vials of virus should have displayed obvious use of the Force. As it stands, it looks like they just made some good catches. You can Force-levitate those things to you, guys.

14. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    Just pulled the show up on DVR... the Cartoon Network logo pretty much obscures what looks like the Falcon. We caught just a brief glimpse.

15. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    It's pretty clear on the iTunes version, but yeah, it's exactly where the CN logo bug would be. Sneaky.

16. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Faux-German mad doctor really got on my nerves. I should have seen this episode on mute. My sister went crazy when she saw the Shaaks because of their resemblance to the taste buds from Chowder. Anakin sure solved the mystery of Iego fast! What about that line from Episode I where he asks if Padme is an angel?

17. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    What about it?

18. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    It was a great treat watching both episodes right after each other, they really do feel like one big episode.

I think I enjoyed Blue Shadow Virus more, I think the story flowed a lot more smoothly and although I thought I wouldn't enjoy seeing Padme taking hold of the situation- she actually was fun to watch!

Also, Obi Wan was far cooler in this episode as well. I love that guy. And I know this doesn't have much to do with the episode, I still enjoyed that little jab Ahsoka made about Anakin's concern for Padme.

Still, I was disappointed with Jar Jar's voice yet again.

Having said that, A Thousand Moons was still awesome- Iego had that Taris feel to it from Knights of the Old Republic...something about those big spires, orange skies, freaky aliens and lower city wildlife that makes it seem so eerie and beautiful at the same time!

But other than that the Thousand Moons episode didn't offer more than a nice action packed expansion to its previous episode.

For some reason though, every time they referred to Drol my mind thinks back to the planet 'Drall'. They sound exactly the same. :p

19. The_Attackinator

The_Attackinator Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2008
    When are we going to find out what species Dr. Vindi is? :(

20. DVCPRO-HDeditor

DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master star 4

Nov 24, 2006
    I enjoyed the story, the characters, and the action, but I do believe this story could have been a little better if had been a 3-parter instead of just a 2-part story. The ending just felt too rushed, to me, at least.

21. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, ok two-parter. Nice to see Anakin and Padme in the same episode at once, and Padme's headstrong nature would be enough of a reason for her to just walk into danger. Too bad she had to bring Jar Jar along though. Bombad Jedi wasn't too bad, because there Jar Jar didn't kill or hurt any of the heroes (well, aside from crushing the ship). Here, he wrecked that tactical droid, although he then identified where that bug came from, and then he broke Padme's suit. Although I liked Rex's line about not training Jar Jar.

Ahsoka wasn't too annoying actually during this episode, with her brave front while she and the rest of the clones were slowly dying.

The Iego visit was very cool, as was the angel cameo. Even the Iego locals weren't too bad- sometimes those superstitious locals get annoying, but at least here they were just warning. And I almost felt sorry for those battle droids when Anakin, who was very much in a rush, just hacked and slashed nearly 20 of them, whereas Obi-wan was observant enough to notice that the droids didn't have blasters and didn't seem too hostile.

The laser web was a cool sequence and I thought it was fun how Artoo was controlling those droid fighters to act as decoys and then Anakin and Obi-wan get the medicine and help free the planet. Although I wonder if Anakin couldn't have just flown out anyway, but leaving the locals stranded might not have been too nice either.

Not bad two-parter, not one of my favorites, but at least they captured the evil scientist. Although I wonder if any Seperatist higher-ups knew about him. Biological weapons aren't anything new for the Seperatists (for the EU anyway), but this scientist seems insane enough to want to wipe out all life, which the Seperatists usually don't go for- they want to rule the galaxy, not kill everyone, including themselves.

Still, nice to see the cast of the prequel movies all in one episode again. And I liked Threepio's role in trying to trick the tactical droid. Just too bad still way too much Jar Jar this season. I wish there was more Yoda and Mace too, although they at least showed up by hologram.

22. RoderulijKumar

RoderulijKumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2008
    Well, by Dr. Vindi's comment about the silly war and all, I don't think he was particularly for the Separatist. Maybe funded by them, but I don't know if they knew what he was doing. I liked his scientific point of view and all, that the virus itself was a life form, so why eradicate it while you could eradicate the people causing the war. It seems like a point of view that could have been explored a bit deeper, rather than just the 'good side' and the 'bad side'.

23. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Lots of nice ties to TPM in this two-parter, in terms of cast, location, and themes. They could have taken it a notch further by showing Anakin's dark side traits more explicitly after meeeting an actual angel of Iego IMO. It would seem that would be a direct reminder of his first impressions of his beloved and set him off that much more, but what we got was nice. With the glaring contrast in his concern for Ahsoka and Padme, how can anybody not see what's going on between them? Vlad makes a great point that Ahsoka almost HAS to be in the loop herself by now. Nice low-key character development for all the leads in the coming "triangle".

Like it or not, it was Jar Jar that really figured out the location of the lab, since the tactical droid was onto them by the end of their interrogation. Not to mention Binks' literally stumbling onto it. However, if the tac droid's optical units were damaged, how did he know to say "Uh oh" when the shelves were falling on him? [face_laugh] Typho was downright aggressive compared to his live action counterpart.

Vindy appeared to me to be a Naboo native of some sort. Obi was clueless as to who he was, yet Typho was able to identify him as the chief medical officer of an apparently prominent family. Still doesn't illuminate what species he belongs to tho. He was clearly insane, which was a nice touch. Padme:"It's a deadly disease. That's why it was eradicated!" Vindy:"You mean MURDERED!" He nonetheless made a good point about those who made war.

I always love those little rabbit droids, they're so cute! Great how they played off of that, and had him actually scare Padme.

Droideka action was dynamic, especially rolling along the sides of the walls. Ahsoka's frustration and eventual success at taking one of them out was well done. Her force manipulation of the bomb recalled for me Luke's training with the remote. She's consistently displaying courage and ingenuity, really coming into her own as a character.

"I'm just better at hiding it."
    "Just another boring day saving the universe."
    As usual, Obi-wan = AWESOME. Cool that he had his orange troops with him, but where was Cody?

Battle droids with smiley faces = WIN.

I loved Peppi! I kept hoping she might end up as Jar Jar's girlfriend, but at least they got her out there, so I guess anything's possible down the road! I enjoyed BJ's Jar Jar a little more in Gungan General, but he's still holding his own.

I agree that the overall wrap-up felt rushed, but in this case, it was probably better to wrap it up in two eps as opposed to three.

24. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Did anyone else expect Dr. Vindi to shout out: "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!"?

25. brainwash

brainwash Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2009
    I enjoyed these two a lot more than I thought I would. Clone bomb squad looked rad, Naboo was a real blast from the past, Iago was a thing of beauty, I never even clued in to it being a Phantom Menace reference until the angel showed up. I even liked the lady Gungan.

One thing I didn't get though, was how the virus could affect the clone troopers. I thought they had an air supply they could fall back on? In the first Malevolence episode they were surviving in space (as they also did in the 2D CW show), so how does a virus bypass this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.