main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Clone Wars Expanded Media Chronology (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Guy-Gone_Weird, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Or it was simply a mistake like mention of Vaapad in Path of Destruction. Not everything needs a retcon.

2. Taral-DLOS

Taral-DLOS Jedi Master star 3

Jun 29, 2009
    I wouldn't use the costume as a timeline reference point. The outfit Ventress wore in Nightsisters was the same she wore in the original Clone Wars microseries, which was at the very beginning of the war.

3. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Sure, but "Nightsisters" is the first time she wears it in TCW. Since the TCW comics are no doubt intended to tie into TCW rather than the earlier EU, it makes sense to me to think this comic is supposed to be close to "Nightsisters." Note that I didn't say that it's a definitive placement. However, it's the only timeline clue we've got, which is nice, since the rest of the UK TCW comics have no indicators at all. I'd say it's safe to tentatively place it near "Nightsisters" unless further info becomes available.

4. ryan123450

ryan123450 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 23, 2003
    Anyone pick apart the continuity clues from the last several digest comics yet?

5. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Bumping now that Season 3 is complete.

Now that the season is wrapped up, I think we can refocus on those small items like the UK comics and where they may fit. The Citadel did directly contradict Shipyards of Doom, but until it is deemed non-canon I'll leave it in. The Valsedian Operation appears to be fine where it is, unless the last bit pulls a fast one on us. I've also added the latest releases and upcoming items - the recent UK comics, Secret Missions #3: Duel at Shattered Rock, TCW Digest Vol. 6: The Starcrusher Trap, and Opress Unleashed, the Free Comic Book Day story.

-----EARLY CLONE WARS-----
    [image=http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2535/tcw1sm.jpg]
    Christophsis Arc
    -GAME: Jedi Alliance (Sedawan, Coruscant, Rodia, Christophsis)
    -WEB/116: Shadowed (page 1)
    -216/217: Cat and Mouse
    -WEB/116: Shadowed (rest)
    -116/201: The Hidden Enemy
    -RPG: WotC Miniatures/RPG: 25 to Rescue
    -NOVEL1: The Clone Wars (film novelization)
    -TCW/118: The New Padawan
    -TCW/101: Castle of Doom
    -TCW/103: Castle of Deception
    -TCW/104: Castle of Salvation
    -JRNOVEL: Decide Your Destiny: Tethan Battle Adventure
    -JRNOVEL: Decide Your Destiny: The Way of the Jedi
    -GAME: Jedi Alliance (Battle of the Devastation)
    -SHORT: Outfoxed
    -COMVOL4: Colossus of Destiny
    -COMVOL5: The Deadly Hands of Shon-Ju
    -JRNOVEL: Journey Through Hyperspace (UK)
    Droid & Ambush Duologies (overlapping stories)
    -JRNOVEL: Decide Your Destiny: Crisis on Coruscant
    -NOVEL2: Wild Space
    -WEB/106: The Fall of Falleen
    -106/102: Downfall of a Droid
    -WEB/107: Discount
    -WEB/118: Covetous
    -303/224: Supply Lines
    -WEB/101: Prelude
    -107/106: Duel of the Droids
    -101/108: Ambush
    -NOVEL3: No Prisoners
    Malevolence Trilogy
    -WEB/103: Procedure
    -COMVOL1: Shipyards of Doom
    -WEB/102: Shakedown
    -PODCAST1: HoloNet News 1 - A Galaxy Divided
    -102/107: Rising Malevolence
    -103/109: Shadow of Malevolence
    -WEB/104: Agenda
    -104/111: Destroy Malevolence
    -JRNOVEL: Secret Missions #1: Breakout Squad
    -JRNOVEL: Secret Missions #2: Black Hole Pirates
    Clone Trilogy, Part I
    -301/301: Clone Cadets
    Nute Trilogy
    -PODCAST2: HoloNet News 2 - Rodia Supply Lanes Attacked by Pirates!
    -WEB/108: Departure
    -108/105: Bombad Jedi
    -WEB/109: Transfer
    -109/110: Cloak of Darkness
    -WEB/110: The Dreams of General Grievous
    -110/112: Lair of Grievous
    -GAME: Lightsaber Duels (Separatist Droid Lab)
    -PODCAST3: HoloNet News 3 - Chancellor Palpatine's Approval Ratings Fall
    -COMIC: Slaves of the Republic
    Clone Trilogy, Part II
    -WEB/105: Mouse Hunt
    -105/114: Rookies
    Ryloth Trilogy
    -WEB/119: Curfew
    -119/115: Storm Over Ryloth
    -120/117: Innocents of Ryloth
    -WEB/120: The Ballad of Cham Syndulla
    -121/119: Liberty on Ryloth
    -GAME: Republic Heroes
    Dooku Duology
    -WEB/111: Bait
    -111/116: Dooku Captured
    -WEB/112: Switch
    -112/120: The Gungan General
    Maridun Duology
    -WEB/113: Headgames
    -113/122: Jedi Crash
    -WEB/114: Neighbors
    -

6. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't Shipyards of Doom take place after the Citadel? In the Citadel, it is explicitly stated as the heroes' first time in carbonite.

In Shipyards of Doom, the only shock at the notion of using carbonite is from Kenobi, who says something like "Are you mad?". I always thought this outburst was referring to the fact that Anakin was proposing that carbonite protect them from a radiation beam vaporizing organic life (a rat is vaporized in the comic), something that (unless I'm forgetting) was not an issue in the Citadel (the only issue in the Citadel was being read as non-organic, not protection from a vaporizing beam).

Obi-Wan was basically shocked in Shipyards of Doom, not that they had never used carbonite before, but that now Anakin thinks it can protect them from vaporizing weapons.

7. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

while there were more issues between both stories, I like your approach. Especially since both "first times" are different ones, one for lifescanner fooling, the other for not being vaporized, so that is less of a problem. but we still have to deal with the younger ahsoka model of the comic which makes it not possible to place it after Citadel.

I'd say have it before Citadel and consider Citadels "first time" note, as "first time it is used for this instead of what we used it last time for"

8. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I like this idea; the problem is that, in "Shipyards of Doom", Anakin says exactly on page 16, "Not only should the carbonite protect us from the radiation beam, it will keep us from registering as life forms on the droid scanners."

So this fooling scanners idea was already incorporated into Shipyards of Doom, which is why I think it takes place after the Citadel. Also, the clothes aren't really too big a deal--people in real life change clothes all the time, sometimes wearing their older ones.

The only thing about the comic is that Darth Sidious claims to Dooku it is "early in the war", but that really is a general relative term. Maybe he's stringing Dooku along to think the war will go longer than he has planned or something.

9. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

agreed, now lets make it canon ;)

10. ryan123450

ryan123450 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 23, 2003
    Anyone read The Deadly Hands of Shon-Ju or The Starcrusher Trap yet? Any clues in there where they go in the timeline?

11. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Admins, could we get this thread unlocked?

OP here, bumping this thread back to life. It looks like we left off at the end of Season 3, so there's an entire season and plenty of new tie-ins to incorporate. I'll be re-watching Season 4 soon, but right now I can't remember any big continuity oddities like we saw at the beginning of Season 3 with episodes jumping around the timeline. I think it's safe to assume that the Slaves of the Republic comic has been rendered non-canon due to its episode counterparts.

Also it looks like my previous posts were cut off, so if anyone has the timeline beyond the Maridun Duology, please post it. And feel free to post your versions of the timeline.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.