main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars = (Facepalm)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fistofan55, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Sorry about the title but there wasn't a better name for it. This isn't a bash or troll thread. Frankly, I believe that when someone speaks the absolute truth in any manner, it doesn't count as trolling or bashing.
    With that said, this topic is about how horrible the The Clone Wars has become as a show and what should be done about it. Personally, I want this show should cancelled because it has already done plenty of damage to the Star Wars Universe and has killed by fandom in Star Wars.
    That is just me though. Look at this:
    -TCW has pretty much officially retconned the CW Microseries. Judging by the upcoming episode "Water War", I think it is unfortunately safe to say that the Kit Fisto's starring chapter that made him unbelievebly awesome has now been retconned. The events on "Mal Cala" are just too different.
    -Lets look at Riff Tamson. Alright. Now lets look at Mortis. Alright. Now look at the slavers in the upcoming slaver episodes. Alright. Lastly, look at the Zillo Beast. Now, if you can tell me that none of this is cliche and ripped from movies/TV....I will be amazed.
    -"Evil Plans". Nuff said.
    -Jar-jar. Nuff said.
    -No Sora Bulq, Durge, Fordo, Khruk....
    -Constant revisits of Felucia.
    -Too many OT characters (Boba Fett, Chewbacca, Bossk, Dengar, Ackbar, Mothma....lets just have the whole gang!)
    -Retcon of Dark Horse Comics such as the first battle of Kamino (which made more sense)
    -Lots of missing Clones in Phase 1
    -Anakin's overused and overtold story.
    -Yoda still isn't wise
    -Wolfpack
    -Everything Filoni cares about is Wolves, Koon, wolves, Koon, wolves, koon....I forgot how to capitalise...
    -Politics in Sci-fi. Nobody watches Sci-fi for politics...
    -Ima-gun Di and other stupid names
    -Spoilers in trailers, clips, and even interviews with Dave
    -No longing to make episodes that focus on more interesting stories like Jedi that aren't the main characters, Rogue Jedi, unvisited planets, Dooku's agents, Kit&Aayla, and remains of TOR.
    -The animation lacks in comparison to what it could have been. This show started out with amateur animators who didn't even know how to make elements.

To be honest, I hate making these lists. It is painful for a fan who has been sucking on the SW uinverse for more than a decade. If there is anything Lucas has done right lately, it has been his ingenius marketing, also known as "the Star Wars Curse". Since it is hard for a fan to leave SW alone, it might be better to improve it.
    With that said, I believe that any fans who agree with me should push for a better future for SW because this kind of media is just plainly insulting. As to how that can be done, I don't know. I am hoping for fans to help with that matter here in these forums.

To those that don't agree, don't post here. Its easier to ignore this thread than a painfully bad show.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    This new trilogy from Mon Calamari unfortunately makes me to agree with you- if TCW won't take better turn after this crappy arc - it really is ruining all my Sw-fandom (together with Blu-Ray changes) i've become very disappointed to all new SW-material- stop fooling around George- leave movies as they are and do that live-action man!

I have nothing against constant visits to Felucia but poorly written retcons are crappy and lack of separatist council and all makes entire war so illogical with movies- Dengar is stupid addition etc. they really mess up things- unneeded remake of Slaves of the Republic and other stuff tells they are really out of their own ideas.....
    And anakin is the Chosen One and Force is energyfield created by all living things- i got it- now stop Mortis-crap....

GL should focus on things that are not yet told- the Clone Wars is already seen and it seems since they cannot take new povs to it either- always bad seppies and good jedi and Padmé- that goddamn Padmé and Jar Jar:oops: ...... they should show what happens to Rex and Ahsoka and skip the rest of the war....

Especially if they really cannot give CIS any victory - where is the point showing predictable republic victories on retconned worlds? New bad guys are nothing if they are boring brutes etc.

I'll watch the episodes, but there is no Tikkes, no Quarren Isolation League, but stupid sharkman, stupid Padmé and stupid Jar Jar- looks very bad- I don't really like even Ackbar's voice......

3. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    For me, this Mon Cal Trilogy was the last straw. For years I have been waiting for TCW to make an underwater arc and now that they have....they ruined everything. With this arc alone, they have:
    -Weakened Kit Fisto
    -Come up with more cliches
    -retconned a memmorable chapter of the microseries
    -brought Jar-jar back...
    -retconned the Quarren Iso. League
    -retconned what importance Tikkes had. Tikkes would have made a great Villain. Not many people on these boards seem to remember how his character was! He was more greedy and self-serving than Gunray!
    -recreated the design of the Mon Calamari (they looked so much better in the Microseries)
    -No more eel riders apparently...
    -made Ackbar look like yet another old-guy kicking it back in the old trilogy.....was Luke, Han, Leia, and Lando the only young characters around or something?!

This is also an insult to Fistofans. When Kit Fisto goes underwater, his abilities alone are worth an army. From the looks of this arc, he isn't worth much while being on a handi-capped speeder-board....
    He won't even have much dialogue or action! I've seen all the screencaps and it says it all. Anakin, Ahsoka, Padme, and Jar-jar shouldn't even be on Mon Calamari.

4. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    I'm sorry 55, but I can't take this as an insult just yet, because of the fact that I HAVEN'T SEEN THE EPISODE. Am leaving this thread alone from now on, since I disagree with most of your starting statements.

5. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    I can tell that you are implying that I should reserve my opinion after the episodes aire. Problem with that is...everything has been revealed. I will watch these episodes but that will be it for me. I've waited for more Fisto and so I'm not going to pass up a second.

If you disagree, why are you posting then? I told anyone who disagreed to just leave this thread alone!

6. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Unfortunately, anyone who wants to post here can do so.

Reading your post, I was curious as to how you were coming to these conclusions as well; in fact, you made it seem as if you've seen the episodes in their entireity. I have no problem with opinions (however brash), but wanton negativity based on supposition is tiresome. Strange, still, that the episodes have apparently received great reviews, if I recall correctly.

If you're so hurt by this series, then leave it. The only person you're hurting by staying is yourself.

7. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Fortunately, if you don't like what have to say, you don't have to pay attention to this thread. You're not forced to post here.

Episodes with great reviews? If it isn't a "plant", then I don't know what you are talking about. This show has always been criticized.

I have seen every episode, I watched every commentary and clip, and I am still sucking SW Media. That is how I obtain my conclusions. All the problems with this show is in front of everybody.

The reason I still watched the series was alright stated. You didn't read my posts fully.

Am I hurting myself? Yeah, you're right and because of what most fans have. An obsession and that is difficult to get over, escecially since SW has been with me since I was in pre-school. I'm sure the same applies to most fans out there.

Again, if you don't agree with my points then don't go here. You're not being forced so stop trolling.

8. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    -No Sora Bulq, Durge, Fordo, Khruk....

No Durge is a good thing.

9. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    While I am agreeing with most of your points you made, Fistofan, I'm not sure if they came out and said they're retconning the Battle of Mon Calamari.

If they say something along the lines of "war has reached us" or anything that's suggesting they're shrugging off the Battle of Mon Calamari, then there would be problems. I am going to say tonight I will be looking out for this. I do have a bad feeling about this, as always.

Dac's new name to add to the pile of names and its new government is just [face_tired] to me still.

10. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    He doesn't have to be like the Microseries or the comics. They can turn him into a reasonable character. Nothing wrong with that.

@GGrievous: Fair enough. You were always a member of reasonable views. :D Like others, I look forward to your opinion on the episodes GGrievous.

11. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Durge really isn't that cool.

Also, you don't really elaborate on the points your trying to make. I mean, you can't just say "Wolfpack" and then leave it at that. You have to explain things a little more.

Another thing, is anyone else having a hard time keeping track of the fistofans?

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Well at least this is a cheerful thread.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    If I ever meet Filoni, I'll tell the man to keep your fanon out of Star Wars.

Even though wolves were added into the GFFA way back when before TCW, Filoni's obsession with them are noticeable in TCW. We get it, you like wolves. :rolleyes:

Filoni rant off, but it sort ties into a few of Fistofan's points.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    He's too busy putting his own fanon in.

15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    This is a Star Wars show. Star Wars was founded off of cliches, archetypes and borrowed elements. I don't see why you would expect anything more now!

I'm an unabashed Clone Wars hater these days, and even I think this says pretty much everything there is to say about this thread.[face_tired]

16. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    So is about 90% of western media in general...

17. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Wow. Great way to celebrate the Season 4 premiere. [face_tired] [face_plain]

18. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I-)I-)I-)I-)I-)I-)I-)I-)

Oops! Sorry, I read the first few sentences of this thread and then fell asleep! Back to work now!
    [image=http://futureditchdoctor.com/files/2011/07/EndIsNear1.jpg]

19. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    (more facepalm)
    I've said it twice and I will say it no more. DON'T GO HERE IF YOU DON'T AGREE. Not hard!

@chewgumma: Cliches are unnaccpetable no matter what. Star Wars doesn't have that kind of free-passage. Its not natural and it should never be tolerated. It also takes away from the effectiveness of a series and dare I say....makes facepalms....

@InterestingLurker: You are interesting, aren't you? Perhaps you can tell me what your impression is of wolfpack and you might just see my point from there. I'll give you a clue......wolves.

I just watched the new Mon Cal episodes. I must admit, I did like them more than I thought I would. I was pleasently suprised by the amount of attention Fisto had received. I am happy for that and if it can continue like this, I might just reflect my opinion.

This still doesn't change the disaster to which TCW team has created by retconning the microseries. To make a new Mon Cal battle and ditch the old one just wasn't right at all. Cannonically, Fisto has saved Mon Calamari twice before. To see him captured in a third battle just isn't right. If Filoni can explain all this, then perhaps the microseries wasn't so doomed afterall.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Fistofan, Fisto barely did anything in the episodes :p That's my take on it.

He was just...there. Much like some other Jedi.

21. Fistofan55

Sep 7, 2009
    Sounds like you weren't paying attention. :p

Fisto did plenty. He protected the prince, fought Tamson, created many diversions, and regulated battles. He was also the most effective warrior. He was there because he was useful.

The only Jedi I can call just being there was....Saesee Tinn. They need a role for that guy!

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Next time, I am going to avoid everything and pay attention to him. I think it was the overuse of irrelevant characters that made me shrug him off mostly, but he did feel like he was pretty pointless besides his little fight scene at the end.

But in all seriousness, he got captured, right? :p

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Thank you for reminding me, how stupid. JUST KILL THEM.

24. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Congratulations on missing my point.=D=

Star Wars has been borrowing cliches since 1977, when it borrowed from fairy tales like sleeping beauty, and Arthurian legends, like Merlin. Not to mention the liberal uses of Spaghetti Westerns, sci-fi matinees like Flash Gordon and Akira Kurosawa movies as sources of inspiration.

Why then, when the franchise has a long history of borrowing stuff, is TCW going to be any different?

25. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    haha I'm totally ignoring this thread, I'd probably do too much damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.