main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Clone Wars Fan Club is gearing up for Season 5!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I really liked it! I thought it was exciting, great ending, loved the new bounty hunters, loved seeing the trio together and in action. My one and only complaint -- I love Hondo to death, but I think Dave and company really missed a potentially fantastic Anakin moment when he and Hondo were there on that cliff. To keep with characterization, Anakin should've had one of his little tantrums and killed Hondo. Yeah, we would've gotten rid of a great character, but it would've been a nice bit of foreshadowing to his eventual fall.

Only four episodes left. Phooey. [face_frustrated]

2. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    "Bounty Hunters" was great! :D

I'm glad that Hondo didn't die, too many new characters get killed off on their first one or two appearances in the series. So letting Hondo live was refreshing. They missed a great Anakin moment though. :p

Can't wait for Boba to appear! [face_dancing]

3. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    The season 2 finale trailer. http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000992.html

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Purty!

That looks very cool, I must say. I like hope Aurra seems the negative influence on Boba, more than anything. This *should* fit into canon okay.

I didn't watch Bounty Hunters, but I'm still loving Cat & Mouse so don't really care. :p

5. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I saw some clips from the three episode Boba arc yesterday at WonderCon. It looks like we're going to get a good balance of characters, plots, dialogue, and action, which was my main concern. And it looks like it's going to be awesome, I think I might add.

6. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Did anyone see "The Zilo Beast Strikes Back"? I thought it was a fantastic episode. It was the most fun I ever had watching a Clone Wars episode since "Brain Invaders."

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Fantastically executed episode. Some great easter eggs, some really horrifying moments (not the bad kind of horrifying, the good kind :p), and somehow, kind of sad, at the end. Loved it. A job really well done.

8. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Good episode! I liked it. I've wanted to see clone kids for a while.

9. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Even the ones with pseudo-Rex haircuts? :p

10. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    I think it would've been a nice addition if there was some line about that kid idolizing Rex, maybe have the others making fun of him or something.[face_thinking]Rex Jr.?

And Aurra was acting like Boba's wicked stepmom or something. "Grow up, honey. Just leave them to die and come on."

11. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Haha, that puts a funny image into my mind's eye, I tell you that much. Well, I can't wait to see the episode for myself in forty-five minutes.

12. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Oh, I had the impression you'd seen it already, QGR. Sorry if I spoiled anything.

13. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    No, that's all right, you didn't spoil anything. And I'm used to the inevitable spoiler or two before the episode, being in the second-to-last time zone to see it every week. :p

I really loved it. Much more than I thought I would, especially since I hate, hate, hate Boba Fett. But there were some fantastic moments packed into that 22 minutes of glory. What I noticed first is how talented a voice actor Daniel Logan is, which I definitely didn't expect. Just as Dee Bradley Baker skillfully and successfully lends each clone a different voice, and in so doing, a different personality, Daniel applied the same principle to the kids, and very, very well. And speaking of the kids, seeing them all lined up like that was a tad creepy, though I suspect that was partially intentional.

It's funny, I think I like Boba as a kid better than Boba as an adult. When he nailed those practice targets, it was genuinely pulse-pumping, and when he left those kids in the pod and jettisoned it into hard vacuum, that constituted probably one of the most powerful moments we've had in the series thus far. (Heavily compounded by the music in that scene, as well. When are we going to get a soundtrack?!) It would've been made all the more powerful if the kids would've died, but this series has not been very good at killing characters.

Can't wait for next week's two-part finale. :D

14. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I would give Death Trap a 4/5. Mace and Boba had great scenes and Boba's voice was perfect. The only problem that I had was not a lot was accomplished, and most of what we saw, has already been done in other episodes.

15. StarWarrior77

Oct 30, 2008
    Great Episode. I can't wait for the season finale! Season 2 went by fast!

16. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I know, it went five times faster than season 1!

17. StarWarrior77

Oct 30, 2008
    That's odd, considering that Season 1 ended in March, and Season is ending in April. It just seems like S2 went by faster for some reason.

18. StarWarrior77

Oct 30, 2008
    Correction.

19. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Pretty good finale. I wonder what the Jedi will do with Boba..

And the season 3 footage.. was that Shaak Ti?:eek:

20. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    They were okay episodes, but it was a weak finale. The ending kind of poofed off. Not bad, though, but not great. And I'm waiting for the inevitable, "Gasp! Aurra died! They messed up continuity AGAIN!!!"

Can't wait for season 3, though. It looks absolutely fantastic. Anyone know when it's supposed to kick off?

I think you're seeing things, XCell. [face_laugh]

21. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Actually, you're right, I just watched it again, and spotted her this time. Here's a link to the trailer, if anyone is interested.

22. StarWarrior77

Oct 30, 2008
    Season 2 Finale= Awesomeness. Makes "Hostage Crisis" look like The Holiday Special.

23. Charn

Charn Jedi Master star 8

Dec 23, 2004
    apart from a few good off-episodes (including Ahsoka having to retrieve her lightsaber from a thief, and Anakin and co saving Feluscia from pirates) I was a bit disappointed with most of it. The whole Satrine plot bored me silly and there wasn' enough of the main characters: wherre was Yoda, Dooku etc?

another thing that annoys me is how shifty and evil Palpatine looks, as fans we know he is evil, but the Jedi don't know it, so I think it should be toned down somewhat. Make him more human.

Saying that it's good, but I think i prefered season 1. But I can't really put a reason why I feel that way.

24. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    An amazing finale. I hope they do 1 hour long finales from now on. It was brilliant to see more of the Coruscant Underworld, and Ahsoka and Plo Koon bonding more. I liked Artoo's little adventure. It was cool seeing him fly the Delta 7 starfighter by himself and make it to Coruscant. And season 3... words can't describe how excited I am for it. And Cad Bane is BACK!

And yes, Aurra is still alive. Jaime King said so herself. And the Slave 1 wasn't completely damaged, just very badly damaged. As I remember reading, Boba said the only original part of Jango's Slave 1 was the pilot seat.

25. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    I thought I'd post this, it's a video of Filoni and Ahsoka's voice actress that later shows a trailer for season 3 (not the TV preview): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf_cbzzoYSE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.