main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Clone Wars Fan Club is gearing up for Season 5!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vepariga

Vepariga Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2010
    Looks like im going to go against the grain here, I really liked Shaak Ti,her voice and mannerisms were great Imo.

I think ARC troopers was the better episode,but i also thoroughly enjoyed Clone Cadets,it was a good flashback ep.

Ventress,good to see she has learned a few things from her past fights,using her ability's abit more.

Allup,Season 3 is on a good start, 3rd episode tho,JarJar straight off the bat...hmmm,lets see how it goes.

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    They were good episodes with some amazing moments, but by no means were the episodes themselves amazing. We're gonna pass this time! Aww, darn, we didn't pass. Well, we'll pass next time! Aww, darn, we didn't pass. Well, we'll pass next time! Aww, darn, we didn't pass. You know what? We're never gonna pass. OMG, teamwork! We passed! [face_laugh]

But that part where the brain-headed bounty hunter was beating up the clone cadet was incredibly mature, and the part where 99 dies was incredibly powerful.

Loved the little THX 1138 and "all too easy" nods, though.

3. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Yeah, I felt no tension at the end of Clone Cadets, you knew they were going to pass the whole time. Why not have one of the Clones die or something during the test, give it something that hit's you like "whoa, that's why he wasn't in Rookies."

4. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Exactly, that was part of the problem.

5. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Season 3's premier episodes are my favorite in the series so far. Shaak Ti's new voice and appearance will take some getting used to. Mesa berry berry exitin to seein dat Jar-Jar Binks!

Is it true Ahmed Best is back?

6. Vepariga

Vepariga Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2010
    TFN's headline,I cant believe CN cut Ventress stabbing that clone in the premiere WTF? im glad i got to see it tho,i felt a scene was missing,sure it was a tad rough,but hell its war,TCW needs more of this stuff lol.

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Great premiee! I won't get into too many of the details, but the characters, animation, and action were all stunning. I'll admit, Shaak Ti's accent was a little jarring, but her model and personality were both spot-on!

I'm not excited at all about next week, though, It looks like it will ruin both the mature themes the premiere set up and jar Jar's improved character so far in the show.

8. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Fantastic episodes! I loved how "Rookies" fits in between the two episodes.

9. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    It was really emotionally jarring, maybe a little much for small kids, but I really think there's worse stuff on Cartoon Network. :p

10. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010

Yeah, have you ever seen Cow and Chicken. They aired that at one point, and still air it on Boomerang. If they let that on, why not Ventress' little kiss.

11. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Maybe they just thought it was a little emotionally complex and potentially confusing for a young mind. I guess they could be right, but I'm very much against the concept of dumbing down kids' programming.

So, about the Jar Jar episode. The theme for this season seems to be really bland plots punctuated by intense bouts of emotion? :p

12. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    That last episode.. was pretty bad.

13. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Yeah, what made it worse was that they had something that could have been a really good story.

14. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Story sounded like a bad idea to me. 'Padawan Ahsoka Tano is assigned to be a teacher to Mandolore kids'. Ohhh-kay.

This season, this show in general, is losing my interest more and more. I feel like they just want to make as many episodes, as much filler, as they can, and they're not trying for great quality. Maybe it'll get better.. but it seems like I've been saying that for a while now.

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I wa referiing to the story of corruption in the Mandalore government more so that Ahsoka coming in to do whatever it was she was supposed to do, I think they just keep plugging her in to episodes just to keep her in the show. I agree that this season is not going that well.

16. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    I actually think it was the best episode so far. Which isn't saying much, but I really didn't mind it.

17. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    It still feels like Ahsoka is being shoved down our throats. I like Ahsoka and I wish they would write episodes for her that they can explore the character better. This just felt like "hey, Ahsoka has only one episode thus far, let's stick her in this one." I would not call this the worst episode from TCW,(I beleive Senate Spy owns that title) but I think it could have been better.

18. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Well, I don't think you can say this episode didn't do anything for her character development. We learned a lot of things about her character; most importantly, we're seeing a definite parallel between her and Anakin, something that will (hopefully) become sigificant later.

19. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    I thought it was one of the worst episodes. Ahsoka with her usual Mary Sue stuff, and suddenly they're trying to pass her off as a teacher/ role model out of nowhere.

And Satine was pretty boring too, and the kids. And Korkie Kryze.. poor kid.:oops:

20. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Satine isn't nearly as bad as Padme. :p

21. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    And the two of them teamed up together.. boring! Same with Ahsoka and Chuchi. Who wants to see characters getting along well all the time?

Though now that you mention Satine, I thought her decision to burn the tea was interesting in that other episode.

22. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Yes, I've been seeing a lot of heady political parallels lately. Maybe that's part of the problem, too. :p

23. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    I liked tonight's episode.[face_coffee] Ziro was hilarious.

Sorry, XCell, had to put in a spoiler tag.

24. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Agreed. Ahsley did a great job adding some maturity to Ahsoka's voice, the sense of danger was fantastic, and the music was brilliant.

25. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    I wish Anakin had more lines though, considering two criminals were trying to kill his wife. But I actually thought Ahsoka was pretty good in this episode.

And speaking of spoilers and Ahsoka, she's apparently getting a new look some time this season: http://i55.tinypic.com/ke9iz9.jpg

I don't like the cleavage hole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.