main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars General Grievous Positivity Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CIS Droid, Nov 4, 2015.

1. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

Its okay that you prefer the old Grievous. I just think the 2008 Grievous gets to much hate when he´s (IMO) not incompetent. I think they showed him as a military genius with scenes like ARC troopers where he succeeds to get his forces down to attack Kamino and in Grievous intrigue where he knows that Obi Wan never comes alone.

I also don't count the montage. Its like the newsreels in TCW, and were those even Grievous ships? I don't remember them saying it was Grievous that attacked those planets. I also think the new Grievous isn't bad when he fights Jedi. While its true he only killed one Jedi he defeated Ashoka, Adi Galia, Eeth Koth and Obi Wan got defeated at least two times.

2. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    The jedi conversation at the temple after the montage implies it was Grevious's fleets.

CIS Droid likes this.
  3. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

I must have forgotten about that. Just to clarify i don't dislike the old Grievous in any way, i just prefer the new one. The old Grievous did do stuff that made him a good villain and even though he was powerful he wasn't like Durge. I disliked the micro series Durge.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    [​IMG]

Duel of the droids had a lot of good Grievous moments. I like how easily he defeats Ashoka and kills most of the clones.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  5. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Grievous is an epic villain, I love his personality in TCW and ROTS and I think he was handled well starting with the episode Massacre. Lair of Grievous was a brilliant episode although he should have been able to keep Nahdar's lightsaber, Grievous Intrigue was enjoyable, but it was silly that he didn't kill Eeth Koth and considering that Koth was barely used again it was such a waste. I don't think Grievous was ever handled awfully in any episodes apart from in Shadow Warrior, he should have took out many more Gungans before being captured.

podjazd and CIS Droid like this.
  6. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    I agree, Grievous is indeed a great villain and i agree that shadow warrior is his weakest episode. When i heard they planned for the Mon Cala arc to be two parts instead of 3 so shadow warrior would have gotten 2 episodes instead of 1. This would have made the episode better and the Mon Cala arc less boring. And while i dont hate Shadow warrior myself, i think Grievous should`have killed more gungans.I do like that it Tarpals did it because ive always liked Tarpals and to see him sacrifise himself for nothing was sad.

7. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I loved Grievous intrigue. One of the best episodes ever for TCW

CIS Droid, Alpha-Red and Darkslayer like this.
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh] Nothing like a death threat from General Grievous to give you motivation [face_laugh]

enigmaticjedi, podjazd and CIS Droid like this.
  9. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

Grievous is the perfect motivator.

podjazd and Darkslayer like this.
  10. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Girevous is as awesome I'm TCW as he is in the movie. I love Grievous ☺

Darkslayer and CIS Droid like this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  12. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

Thanks for sharing. Is this from Lair of Grievous? I wish the clone wars could have done another episode about Grievous and his backstory. Showing exactly how he became a cyborg.

[​IMG]

Arc troopers was a great episode for Grievous. The mission would have been a success if Ventress hadn't screwed up and lost the clone DNA. The only thing i was disappointed with in this episode was that he fought Obi-Wan instead of Shaak Ti.

podjazd likes this.
  13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Not positive off hand.

14. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I'm pretty sure that the bottom section are designs for the original microseries, as Grievous' design there seems to match this.

I'm not sure about the top section though.

CIS Droid likes this.
  15. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    On the side it says "4 stages of Grievous statues Dec 06" I think was for Lair of Grievous

16. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Indeed it was :). These concepts are from "The Art of SW: TCW" book. Great read :).

CIS Droid likes this.
  17. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

Thanks. The book sounds interesting, il give it a try later =).

podjazd likes this.
  18. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Grievous was also great in the "son of dathomir" comic. He actually used orbital bombardment which barely happens in star wars. Shame it didnt get animated.

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Grievous was at his best in Son of Dathomir.

podjazd and CIS Droid like this.
  20. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    He was great in SoD. I wonder how much Maul hates grievous after he killed Talzin.
    [​IMG]

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  21. MaulLover1313

MaulLover1313 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2014
    He definitely got better as the show got darker. "Massacre", "Bound For Rescue", "A Necessary Bond", "Crystal Crisis", "The Big Bang". And he was awesome in Son of Dathomir. With moments like those, I tend to ignore moments like "The Shadow Warrior".

CIS Droid and Dinos4Ever like this.
  22. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Dont forget Lair of Grievous and Grievous intrigue. He was great in those episodes.

MaulLover1313 likes this.
  23. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I had forgotten how cool Grievous was in Son of Dathomir, I'll be re-reading that again soon! That concept art is so good, I hope we get a canon origin story for him at some point. The Legends version is great, so they shouldn't stray too far from that.

[​IMG]

podjazd, Dinos4Ever and CIS Droid like this.
  24. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

It is a great story, but i think they are gonna change it somewhat to fit in with Lair of Grievous. Where its implied he choose his upgrades. Great episode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A canon backstory to Grievous is something i would highly enjoy.

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I could go with "Grievous has had his memory rewritten" - but I'm not sure if Lucasfilm will.

podjazd likes this.