main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Clone Wars was back

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 19, 2018.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The EU also said the Jedi were getting more promoted more quickly during the Clone Wars because, well, war. War trials being more difficult than normal "tests" in times of peace. Jedi dying and needing to be replaced. It's why they were sending padawans to war to begin with.

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    I actually don't know honestly. I wasn't aware it was really a thing. In the microseries, Anakin getting command of a starfighter squad only happened because Palpatine ordered it.

The battle of Jabiim was all padawans, but I recall that only happened because the Knights all died.

Ahsoka had a squad but I recall it was usually with Anakin on an intercom with her at the very least and always in the area.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Revanfan1 and spicer like this.
  3. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Ahsoka was already one of the youngest padawans around, and became one right at the onset of the Clone Wars wars where promotions from Padawan to Knight became far more common due to the war.

Revanfan1 and Jedi Princess like this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Exactly. Ironically enough; Kanan (Caleb Dume) was fighting alongside his Master by the time Order 66 occurred. It's possible he could've been knighted in the not-too-distant future as well.

5. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    And then there’s the case of
    the padawan “Master” Barr, who looks rather old to still have been a padawan by the time of Order 66. Then again, he’s pretty unhinged in the DV comic, so maybe he was never deemed ready for the Trials, even by Clone Wars standards.

6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I think its more of a money issue. Its cheaper for Lucasfilm/Disney to finish the two story arcs that are almost complete plus the SOM arc, which will allow Filoni to give TCW its intended ending.

If we want to discuss which arcs are the most important for the overall story, then I think SOM, the Maul/Ventress arcs (Dark Disciple) and the two Ahsoka arcs. The Utapau arc has few moments that are relevant for the bigger story as well, with the scenes showing Anakin dealing with Ahsoka's absence and the giant Kyber crystal hinting at Death Star. And finally the bounty hunter arc is the one where Boba Fett dons the Mandalorian armour and probably kills Cad Bane, therefore explaining his absence in the post-ROTS era. The remaining arcs from what we know were not adding that much to the larger SW story.

I think that continuity problem was caused by the fact that those issues of Darth Vader were originally supposed to take place several years after ROTS, not several months.

7. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Good point, I had forgotten about that.

8. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    way did they changed it to few mouths instead of few years

9. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Because they realized that one of the Inquisitors in those issues is no longer alive several years after ROTS.

10. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    ok that makes since

11. Xammer

Xammer Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2009
    Basically, this is the new canon's equivalent of Clone Wars Vol. II / Labyrinth of Evil. My favourite SW period, as there's a lot to fill in and a lot of opportunites for twisty variants of events we'd come to know in some form from the old EU. I can't wait for stuff like:

- how the Outer Rim Sieges came to be (e.g. in the EU, it was as a counterattack to Durge's Lance)
    - on a related note: a general impression on how the war is progressing
    - how Palpatine got kidnapped
    - also: what are the thoughts of Grievous, Dooku, Nute et al. about this strategy
    - that time on Cato Neimoidia that doesn't... doesn't count
    - maaaybe a hunt for Sidious...

12. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    This will be the first season to just set in canon and not legends

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I just seen this and i'm shocked, i'm glad and never tought this happen. With this and new prequel litertures. I'm soo happy. It seems we getting more Anakin, obi wan, and qui gon. Nice

14. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    wait are we getting more Qui Gon is this confruim

15. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    That is my reasoning as well....Crystal Crisis and Bad Batch just needed final animation....And out of all the Ahsoka arcs....this allows Dave to use Ahsoka and give us the ending. I would have liked the Bounty Hunter arc...hopefully this will be good enough to get more done. However I still think they could produce "movie of the week" productions and push those out between seasons on TV.

MrDarth0 and Jedi Ben like this.
  16. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm on the fence hear but think the 12 episodes will be the Ashoka arcs. The ones she had left to appear. It ....just makes sense, all the other stuff can either come out in comic books or novels or special movie release.

17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    The charaters I'm most hoping we get to see more of are Asajj, Hondo, and Cad Bane.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well it seems it's the Bad Batch arc is in here, which was a lot of fun. And isn't Siege of Mandalore / series finale supposed to be a 6 parter? So does that make it 2 eps we don't know about? Or is my math way off? And Bad Batch isn't in here (but I think the fleet shot is directly from Bad Batch)

I will say, I always thought we'd get the Siege of Mandalore arc, honestly I thought it would be an animated film but I'm down with more episodes. Just wondering where this will land in Canada cuz apparently the Disney streaming service is only launching in the US. And if they just hold onto this... that'll be a bad idea.

19. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    For some reason i am scared people will froget about Rebels
    I guess its becuase i moved on to rebels and now the clone wars is back so that good, just don't want people to froget rebels. Please remmber both as great shows that they are

20. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I think Ahsoka's story cannot be more completely done than it is now.

Dr. Steve Brule and DarthJaceus like this.
  21. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    i mean i am happy about clone wars coming back one more time, but i really started to dislike most of the fanbase when rebels was on there were alot who were treating the show offer and declaring it was offer when it was not. The question i have do those fans deserve it after there treatment to rebels

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    There's no Democratic or Republican (Loyalist and Centrist?) party in fandom. I liked both.

23. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    i wasn't trying to make it sound like poltics, i guess i should do want Keylo ren said
    "Let the past die" meaning froget what those fans said
    And enjoy both shows eqully
    I was just really hurt after all those haters being offer to a show i like when they were also fans to anther show i like
    I should not hold any grudges

24. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    A while ago, people said this would most likely never happen and to let go of the past.

Looks like voting with the wallet and whining still does work even if it takes a bit longer to get an affect.

Wonder how long it will take to get that multiverse established and the EU/canon crossover.

It'll happen. You just wait and see.

As for my thought on this...hopefully we get a tight story line with this now that GL is not running it....meaning not a bunch of random stand alone episodes but more like the long story arcs in the later seasons.

Some of those were pretty good.

25. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Hopefully, this can lead into a Dark Times toon.

Oh. And maybe we'll see Victories now( we got Dreadnaughts in Rebels...hope we see those models used)