main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars movie Blu-ray out of print?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rebel-Jedi, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Rebel-Jedi

Rebel-Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 26, 2005
    Is the Blu-ray version of The Clone Wars (movie,2008) out of print? I've checked Walmart, Best Buy and Amazon themselves (not including 3rd party sellers on Amazon) and they don't have it, however they do have the DVD version for sale.

2. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    I just bought a new copy on amazon the other day. It cost me 60$ but hey I got it.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    $60.00? Yikes.

Is that USD? Even if it's not, it still sounds like a lot of cash for what amounts to three Season 1 episodes of TCW, to me.

Geesh, I'm just glad I got my blu ray years ago!

Edit: Oh, and to address the OP, if it's going for those kind of prices, then yeah, it probably is OOP.

4. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    Yes, USD. I just felt my clone wars collection was incomplete without the movie.

cwustudent and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    And indeed it would be! :)

I may not watch every episode of TCW everyday, but I'm awfully glad to have each season (and the film) in blu ray.

Oh, and it looks as though the Season 6 blu ray package may be seeing release in November, too.

ps. I did an ebay search, and new copies can be had, generally, in the $30 to $40 dollars range, but if one weren't averse to buying used, in some cases it can be purchased for a little under $10.

Myself? I prefer new, of course, but these prices are starting to really soar. Incidentally, I checked Amazon, and it said I purchased this item in April of 2010.

Sealed copy of the film (blu ray) then?

$5.60 + $2.98 S+H Order total: $8.58 US

Anyone who still needs this film in their collection may want to hop on it now, before it goes any higher.

6. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    I actually looked on amazon just now and you can get it new as cheap as 43$ with shipping from a third party. Oh well, its my fault for not checking thoroughly.

7. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Yeah, maybe so. But I'm not criticizing your purchase. Far from it.

I just can't believe that this particular product went from $8 (shipping incl.) to anywhere from $30, to $45, to $60 and on up, just in the span of a handful of years. I mean, it's not as though millions of people are clamoring for the film, you know?

But hell, man, you have it now, you know? It's in your collection. That's the important thing.

I completely understand the impulse to want to make a collection complete. I've been there, done that, myself. :)

Heck, I never bought the DVD copies of Tartakovsky's Clone Wars when they were still in stores (I had the files on my hard drive, and for awhile, that was good enough). So when I finally decided I wanted physical copies of the series, the disks were OOP, and new copies were marked so ridiculously high that I had to go against my impulse to have everything new, and just search for reasonably-priced, good quality used editions. I was fortunate in that I found a seller who was offering like-new copies for bargain-basement prices, but it made me wish I had hopped on the DVDs long before.

As for The Clone Wars (2008)? Yes, it looks as though it may be out-of-print, and when that happens, the prices of anything (especially for new, sealed copies) are going to soar.

So I just say again: If you're a SW fan reading this, and you don't yet have this one in your collection (but think you one day may hope to), I'd recommend getting on it a.s.a.p.

Jax_the_Admiral likes this.
  8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Reminds me I need to buy Star Wars Clone Wars Volumes 1 & 2 on DVD, that micro-series is still cool.

cwustudent, Trebor Sabreon and mes520 like this.
  9. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    That series was awesome. It had freaking Durge in it. DURGE!

Force Smuggler and mes520 like this.
  10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Don't wait gang, but the stuff when you get the chance. Star Wars has changed license and everything from the past may not be reproduced so the price is going to soar. I tell this to people who want the Dark Horse star wars comics, the blue ray dvds, from the micro and stuff like that cause things are about to get a bit interesting.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yep, I bought the Ewok adventure movies used by mint last year for the same reason. I still have a soft spot for those movies and rather enjoy them.

Yea, Durge was cool but disliked the gum-like alien backstory. I wouldve preffered Durge to Cad Bane who I'm not crazy over. Durge probably wouldve made more sense if he was a Mandalorian super clone.

12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  13. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    No film is really worth $60, and especially not that film.

14. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    No, it's not really worth it but like I said I needed it for my clone wars collection.

15. Atantiabo

Atantiabo Jedi Knight

Dec 7, 2012
    For fans like us, SWTCW film is an essential part of the collection (first appearance of Ahsoka etc.). To get the BD of the film is quite easy so far, especially in used condition. But, to get a brand new factory sealed set with its slipcover is nearly impossible. I bought a new set a year or so after it was produced and it came with no slipcover. Whether the same is a limited edition item, I don't have a clue.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Wrong sir, if the only way I could get the original (or 90's THX remaster) version of Star Wars was to pay $60, that would be well worth it.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I paid less than $60 for the Back to the Future Blu-Ray set.

If three BTTF movies can be sold for under $60, there is no way in hell that any movie ever produced is worth that price by itself.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ebay is you're friend

19. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Blu Rays are hideously overpriced to begin with. DVD resolution is perfectly acceptable for everyone other than rabid videophiles.

But there is a persistent rumor that Disney is moving away from "hard copy" entirely for it's media releases.

20. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I can't see Disney moving away from a hard copy format entirely; too much money to be made. I can see them putting Star Wars content in the "Disney Vault" with limited release times and volumes. I am glad I got my Droids, Ewoks, and Clone Wars DVD's as well as the BRD of The Clone Wars movie. I'm not sure what may become of the pre-acquisition video media, but it's a must for MY Star Wars collection. :D

21. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    You think so? Huh.

That's cool, but to me, the difference is often striking.

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I call tell the difference but DVD quality still looks really good to me. * runs away from Seerow *

23. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013

I don't deny BR has better image, etc. I just don't find the improvements worth the 30-50% price increase.

24. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I have a feeling it may be re-released by DISNEY. I may be wrong but doesn't Disney have the distribution rights to TCW show and movie? Because TCW show and movie was in the deal Disney made with Netflix. And if they didn't own the rights they couldn't put it on Netflix.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  25. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Just a heads-up, Amazon UK has the Clone Wars movie BluRay (region free) for £7.54 at the moment. That's around $12.40, but I don't know what their international shipping rates are (although they shouldn't be too horrendous as I've bought from Amazon US before and it's been very reasonable).

Trebor Sabreon likes this.