main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars (movie) - Cut Scenes?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rogan_Agar, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    Did anyone notice that some scenes we have seen in the trailers did not show up in the film?

We can see a rescue attempt by a LAAT on Teth. Anakin and Ashoka do not make it in time and the LAAT is destroyed by a Vulture.

Another scene which was not featured in the movie includes a Rancor (Check the visual guide).

Did anyone notice more cuts?

I wonder if we will get an extended version of BluRay/DVD...

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I wonder if these were originally written into the television episodes, and then scrapped once they decided on a theatrical release.

3. TheTelmarine

TheTelmarine Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    I don't know if this is a cut scene or what, but the Jedi Council was never shown during the film. I find this kind of odd, as the soundtrack has a track called The Jedi Council...

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    The scene with the Battle Droids and Clone Troopers fighting in the desert.

[image=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/graphics/2008/08/15/bfmike15.jpg]

Though that could be from the series.

5. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    ^^^ I was definitely expecting to see that. But, I'm thinking we're going to see some of these scenes during the series.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Haven't seen the movie yet, but there's word some scenes are popping up in some adaptations and not others- such as a duel between Anakin and Ventress atop Rancors, which is in the junior novelization but not Karen's, and apparently pictured in the Visual Dictionary. Anyone whose seen the movie, feel free to verify or disprove it's presence.

Some deleted scenes are bound to pop up at some point, since we're told material WAS cut from the original episodes that were turned into the movie (and likely replaced with new content).

A lot's gonna be hard to tell if it's cut or simply from an episode we haven't seen yet- I would think a lot of stuff from the first teaser from C4 is a mix of movie and episode footage, since that was made before they decided to go with a theatrical movie.

7. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    The rancor COULD have been there in Jabba's palace, I kept waiting for the trap door to openand it never did, Asajj never made it to Tatooine IIRC

8. ObiWondersWhy

ObiWondersWhy Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2008
    The Rancor was in the abandoned Monastary (in the jr. novelisation) - Anakin & Asajj have a saber battle upon its back

9. KazeYama

KazeYama Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 15, 2008
    I really wanted to see the rancor fight scene. I love Ventress vs. Anakin fights. I definitely hope the scenes that were removed get added into either the DVD or in future episodes.

10. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I did wonder were Anakin and Ahsoka fighting the Vulture Droid went. In the novelization there's more Rex dialogue and there is more feeling of hatred radiating off of Anakin towards the Hutts.

11. TheGreatestPhoenix

TheGreatestPhoenix Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2008
    I thought this too. I don't remember seeing any Anakin / Ventress fight. I was disappointed. maybe in the DVD release.

12. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Here's the "jungle rancor" from the new Top Trumps set, as mentioned in the junior novelisation.

[image=http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6470/junglerancoreb6.jpg]

+++

In the throne room of the monastery on Teth, where Artoo(ie) jacks into the computer and pulls up the holo of the back-door, Anakin pulls Rotta out from under the dais and puts him into the backpack. Then Anakin, Ahsoka and Artoo are confronted by Ventress and assorted droids. In what he somehow thinks is a clever move, Artoo uses his active computer link to open the grille and send everyone but him down through the shoot and into what turns out to be a rancor pit. Ventress immediately launches at Anakin, and Ahsoka takes on the droids.

Anakin and Ventress battle with their sabers, then Ahsoka joins the fray after taking care of the BDs. After trading blows for a couple of minutes and getting nowhere, Anakin tells Snips to find a way out with the Hutt while he takes care of Ventress. That's when she sees a large button on the wall and presses it, opening a door. That's when a large clawed hand emerges.

After giving it a couple of saber-swipes to distract it from Snips and Stinky, Anakin and Ventress end up duelling on it's back. Then, of course, it looks around in confusion and notices the other two huddled in the corner. Anakin slashes the Rancor's neck with his saber to distract it again, when a new bunch of Battle Droids emerges at the top of the pit and starts firing down. Anakin deflects these shots, destroying the droids.

Meanwhile, the Rancor's back on Ahsoka's case. It rears up, throwing Anakin and Ventress to the floor, then darts after Snips.
    It's nearly on her when she stabs it in the nose and it darts back, loses it's balance and colapses on top of Ventress. This allows the heroes to escape. Artoo fires his jets and jumps down into the pit and goes with them. Behind them, they hear a shriek of pain as Ventress finishes the Rancor. They then find their way through the corridors and out to the landing platform from the hologram, where they await pickup from a clone pilot.

+++

So, in short, the whole scene at the landing platform with the Mailoc-type creatures isn't in this version.
    Here's a scan from the book, I think this may be from the deleted scene:

[image=http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5673/saberbattlena5.jpg]

Although I can't be sure. Because I only saw it 3 times yesterday :p Although I wasn't looking for this shot then.

13. morgue

morgue Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    There's still plenty to see :D

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I suspect we'll see some of these cut scenes added back in for the syndicated/rerun episode-versions of the movie. I suspect smaller bridging scenes like Mace and Yoda on Coruscant or Yularen on his ship were added in to combine the episodes and pad the runtime. With those gone, the other scenes could be restored.

15. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Disregard that line [face_blush]. I'd co-indicentally read up to that point, which is why I posted. I read the rest of the book last night and the Mailoc/Dragonfly scene is in there. It just seems that the Rancor scene was in between the throneroom and the landing-platform scenes.

It's coming to something when I'm misquoting a young-reader novel :p

16. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    You know a Rancor scene would have only helped the movie.

17. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    Okay, some of you know that I went to that 501st preview. Well, just got permission that I can say "some" deleted / different scenes that was not in the edition that you're seeing in the Cinema. Some, I'm not permitted to tell(by agreement with Warner Brothers) Maybe they're saved for the DVD? Who knows

Lets get to it!

>Alternate "Hyperspace" sequence. During the Film, Ahsoka goes to find some medical supplies for Stinky. During then, Anakin Jumps into Hyperspace. In the preview, Ahsoka is there when they jump to hyperspace, and she goes to find the supplies AFTER they jumped.

> Rancor Sequence. Pretty intense, Anakin and Asajj fights on the Rancor

> Longer battle of Christophsis. You see Anakin and Obi Wan taking out some tanks

> 1st Rescue attempt on Teth failed. You only saw the 2nd one (With the Twilight)

> Jedi Council Sequence. Discussing that this "Huttnapping" Plot is thicker than it seems.

> BARC Troopers riding BARC Speeders on Teth.

> Extended Asajj and Obi Wan Duel. (Inside the Monastery, not on the bridge)
    > Alternate ending, but I guess it was scrapped because it was far too "Draggy"

> Brief Exchange between Fox and Padme (Padme thanking Fox, and Fox saying it's their duty).

> More Snip and FlyGuy Exchange

There's almost 15-20 minutes worth of deleted things. And a few alternate scenes. Basically of the same thing. One is when Asajj says "Now you die!". The scene is flipped making the saber point <<< Way.

18. wolfarcher

wolfarcher Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2008
    I think that anything from the trailers and featurettes that aren't in the movie are from the show, they have to be. Grievous, Kit Fisto in the Council chamber, Luminara, etc. All from the show.

And that rancor scene on Teth sounds AWESOME, hope its on the DVD!

19. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    The rancor fight was definitely in the 501st screeing. I remember one of you lucky folk criticizing the rancor's animation for looking N64-ish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.