main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Clone Wars Movie DVD Discussion! (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Super_Battle_Droid, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Did anyone else have extraordinary trouble finding the 2-disc Target exclusive of this? I looked at about two target stores, and found no clue at all of the DVD. The Blu-Ray was there, but I didn't find the DVD, and I looked on the Target website and didn't find it. Was it only out for a limited time or what?

2. Pat Darksider

Pat Darksider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 11, 2000
    I really dont understand why the deleted scenes weren´t put back in the movie for the DVD release...I love them!

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I'm going to be frank: I'd rather listen to the sound of my own farts than anyone who hosts on G4.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They were probably cut in the transition from episode to movie. I suspect the Rancor duel, for example, was supposed to be either the ending or opening action sequence for one of the Teth episodes.

6. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I wish they were put back in too. Besides being great the added scenes would have put it at close to two hours which would have made it like the live-action movies.

One of my favorite moments is before the Teth battle when a Battle Droid accidentally falls off the cliff. When he lands on the ground he says "Oh my God!" before being hit by his binoculars following him!

7. GH-7

GH-7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2008
    "Get back here sergeant!"

8. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Agree!

I went to watch this feature on the DVD thinking i was gonna find some lame scenes, but i gotta say i was pleasently surprised by them :)

9. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Prob a stupid question, but does anyone know if there is a difference of disc 2 content from the Target 2 disc and the Walmart 2 disc versions, or is it just different packaging?

10. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    It's just different packaging. Although, the Target version did come with a comic book packaged with the DVD. I don't know if they are still doing that though.

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Gotta disagree on the deleted scenes. While I agree they were exciting and far better quality than the usual "it's obvious why we cut THIS scene" deleted scenes one finds on DVDs, I think keeping TCW lean and mean at 90 minutes was the way to go.

12. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    DARTH HARMON posted:

[image=http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/16/sspx0101wd1.jpg]

Am I the only one that stacks Temple of Doom before Raiders of the Lost Ark?

13. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    I considered doing that, but decided chronological release was more important to me.

14. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm a month late in a reply, but since then I now do this order:
    Bonus Material, Temple, Raiders, Crusade, Skull

Both for chronology and because my shelf is perfectly balanced to hold a booby trap lever in place that if moved would release a giant boulder from our attic.

15. Darth_Neznarf

Darth_Neznarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    I loved the deleted scenes as well. In fact, I actually put the film and deleted scenes in my computer and reinserted them back in the film lol. It actually turned out GREAT! The THROUGH THE TANKS scene was the toughest to do though because it appeared to be an alternate scene judging by the Obiwan & clones portion. But I cut it up as well as the existing scene and put it all together and it turned out very good. If anyone wants to see my version of through the tanks, click on this youtube link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM3qmKLf-pc&feature=channel_page

16. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    The deleted scenes should have been placed in the movie.

17. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I agree that the deleted scenes should have been put into the movie. The Clone Wars was to short for a Star Wars movie and I don't see anything wrong with any of the scenes being added in.

18. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Even better, attach the prequel episode "The Hidden Enemy" and include the deleted scenes to push the 90 minute film to a 120 minute run time! Maybe once the Season 1 DVD comes out I'll give editing it together a try. Nothing major, just a simple iMovie file for fun. :)

19. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    You guys complain too much.

Here in the EU we didn't even get the deleted scenes on the DVD.
    So I still don't know what they look like.

Special Feature: Audio Commentary :rolleyes:

I guess Europe doesn't count.

THANKS A LOT WARNER BROS :mad:

20. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Imagine that, living in the Expanded Universe. What's it like, with all the crazy Force powers and green bunnies? You must be sick of hearing about Mandalorians, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.