main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Moving To Saturday Mornings

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Robimus, Sep 3, 2012.

?

Do You Like The Clone Wars New Saturday Morning Timeslot?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. I don't care

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    In case anyone missed it at Celebration 6 it was announced that The Clone Wars will be moving to a Saturday morning action block of some kind.

While it remains unclear how this will effect TCW veiwers from outside the USA, how do you feel about the new timeslot? Will it be easier or harder for you to catch the program now? Will this move effect TCW ratings in a positive of negative way?

Whats your take?

2. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I mostly watch online/DVR it anyway.

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I honestly don't care. Anyone could easily watch it (yes, legally).

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I also always watch the episodes online so it makes no difference to me.

I can't remember the last time I watched live TV other than whateve is blaring at the gym, which is usually CNN or. ESPN. My intentional viewing is always online or DVR'ed.

5. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    See I only watch TCW on TV and have actually quite enjoyed having TCW on in the USA the same day(and almost time) it was on in Canada.

Now I suspect we will see a big shift. Teletoon is likely going to keep its Friday night slot for the show which will likely put me a week behind. Basically by the time I show up to troll the episode here you all will be done talking about it.:p

6. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    Like Coric and anakinfan, my usual source is online, so my main problem with the move is now I'll have to watch it a day later, unless SW.com is actually on their toes and uploads it by the end of the day, which I doubt.

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I would watch it on Friday nights when I could but more often then not I would catch it online. I feel the move is a bad idea. The show has certainly grown more mature over the years so it's odd to move it to the Saturday morning slot where adult are less likely to see it.

8. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    The whole point OF star wars is that it was based on Saturday afternoon serials. How quick people forget.

I think its absolutely fine and if anything it will appeal even more to younger viewers. Its not like that will be the only day of the week you can catch the show anyways. There will be re-runs at least one or two times a week anyways. Also the first two seasons of the show just got picked up for syndication which is GREAT news for the fans and for LFL because syndication is where the REAL BIG money is when it comes to TV and it also means we get a whole nother channel to see the show on.

They haven't announced it yet but I think it will go to TNT if not TBS. It is great news no matter what though.

People, we are now on two different channels all throughout the week AND on Saturday mornings. We are taking over the world. be proud. Be a little happy.

9. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I have to admit that I'm pretty disappointed. The problem for me isn't that I would dislike watching new episodes in the morning, it's that I'm going to miss watching them at night. A new episode of TCW was always a great way to end the week. That being said, who knows? Maybe it will now be a great way to start the weekend.

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Do you know what broadcast TV is? Not cable. And not TNT nor TBS. (TCW did air on TNT back in S1 but they threw it out due to poor ratings).

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Reposting from S5 thread here.

12. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    I'll probably just DVR it and wait until Sat night to watch it.

13. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    I used to joke about TCW being like Saturday morning cartoons. Now...

Didn't watch every episode before, I'll be watching even less now - probably never live.

GGrievous and Esg like this.
  14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I just find it frustrating that being in the UK who knows when we'll get Season 5. No idea how quickly I'll get to see it... at least you guys know when you can watch it and be able to watch it online when SW.com put it up. The only thing I can watch on SW.com is trailers! :(

atouchofanarchy likes this.
  15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I had this problem in Season 1. SW.com is only of use if one is in the USA.

atouchofanarchy likes this.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    There are upsides and downsides for me regarding the move, but ultimately I came to the conclusion that since this show is hardly the centre of my life, I really don't care.

17. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I've always caught it on demand, never live.

18. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Are you saying the Morning Wars are moving to Clone Saturday?

Or are you saying Saturday Clones are mourning war moves?

CoricBrennett likes this.
  19. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    No, no! The Saturdays are cloning moves on war mornings. Did you listen to the interview? :mad:

Humble_Jedi likes this.
  20. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    A pity they couldn't open it up for us though, but oh well, I'll see it... eventually.

21. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll never be awake to catch it.

22. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    I guess the standards will be lower now.

23. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Looks like I'll be watching these on the DVR. I wish they'd release the Blu Ray/DVD's a month or so after the season. I'd just get them then if they did.

Ahsoka Tano likes this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I don't care. I haven't watched TCW on CN since Season 1... I just watch the episodes that interest me on SW.com.

So... could this thread be the place to rekindle our discussion about TCW's impending cancellation? :p

jackg1 and Drewton like this.
  25. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    YES

Robimus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.