main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion The Clone Wars needs more ________________________.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dartheater

Dartheater Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2008
    :_| MORE SITH!!! (Evil dark bad.... *crys* come on SWTCW we *sobs* need more death, darkness, and evil *sobs* do it for hard core SW fans not the *breaks down in tears* CHILDREN! :_|

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Rule Of _______. :p

The show could also use a little more Jedi doing other things.....it doesn't have to strictly be war all the time.

3. Dartheater

Dartheater Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2008
  4. X-Factor

X-Factor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    Nope, I gotta disagree with you there. Let's leave all that stuff for the live action series. I don't understand why so many people want this show to turn dark so quickly. We're barely in Season 2! I don't mind a little bit of darkness, but can't we hold off on all that stuff until we're near the end of the series?

5. MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo*

MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo* Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    There is really not much more darker the cartoon can go other than Anakin getting more emo. The programme has already racked up a huge body count.

We already have seen Ventress shove a saber through someone's chest, a young jedi slain by Grievous, and multiple Clone deaths including one getting eaten by a giant space worm.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Jimmy Page is right. It's already been surprisingly violent at some points.

One of the weird things was how the series oscillated between goofball humor and lightsaber stabbings. :p

At any rate, Filoni et al have confirmed that the series gets darker in Seasons 2 and 3.

7. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    And I hope it keeps that sense of balance...I for one would like the season to have a bit of a darker turn, but at the same time it also needs that odd bit of humor thrown as well.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm having trouble seeing how TCW will get darker. I don't call "cutting off limbs" dark. But, I guess I'll have to wait and find out. Jimmy made some good points, however, Filoni did say in a interview that the war is going to effect Ahsoka somehow. Possibly her attitude will change and, like what older interviews say, she is going to follow Anakin down his dark path.

9. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah, like A New Hope. Like Star Wars.

10. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    The Clone WArs needs more *nothing* - I think it is perfect. :D

11. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    I second that :p especially with the Ahsoka thing. She's getting really, really annoying.

I'll add Luminara, Obi-Wan, and Separatist victories to that list :D

-M

12. CraigTNelson

CraigTNelson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2008
    Dooku/Yoda/Mace/Anakin actually looking like an impressive duelist

Less kid stuff. I know it's for kids, but South Park was a hit with kids despite it not being for kids at all. Cigarettes too. Have the episodes air before Adult Swim.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah yeah, this is the obvious answer. But the TCW series was a little more inconsistent with this, particularly in the first half of the season. And I don't remember a great deal of goofball humor in ANH anyway.[face_thinking]

14. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I'd like to see some sparring. It's a good opportunity for banter, development, and some action. Plus, while it might lead to more lightsaber appearances, it would help to make actual good versus bad duels more meaningful. :p

You could also say this applies to teaching and training as well, but sparring just evokes a more lightsaber-y mood. XD

15. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    More of an adult show, less of a kiddie.

16. luvlucas-com

luvlucas-com Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2009
    subtle connections to the films.
    like the angels on the moons of iego {sorry if spellings wrong}
    would also like to see general kenobi serving bail organa like leia says in ep 4

17. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Hehe, no doubt you want to see Plo Koon *officially* face Count Dooku ;)

But I do agree....the lightsaber conflicts are very effective, not only that they can look amazing (the Kit Fisto/Grievous duel was amazing to watch), but the words exchanged. I liked how Fisto mentioned that Grievous was "just a pawn in Dooku's" game as they crossed blades - very effective. Still plenty more of these conflicts to see, and TCW series is arguably the last chance to see them....

18. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, you're right in that I'd like to see Plo Koon face off against a big baddy, but that's not what I meant. ;)
    What I meant was characters on the same side having a sort of practice duel. The good guys have more friendly and mentor-like opportunities, while the bad guys have those technical achievement and intense sequences. Among these moments I'd like to see...

Obi-Wan versus Anakin
    Anakin versus Mace Windu
    Plo Koon versus Anyone
    Kit Fisto versus Anyone too
    Mace Windu versus Yoda

Dooku versus Grievous or Ventress
    Grievous versus his Magnaguards
    Ventress versus Grievous

You could even have clones engaged in some training exercises, too. :p

EDIT: Also, I believe this is a good compromise/mutually agreeable solution to fans who want more lightsaber duels, and fans who believe lightsaber duels should be as special and unique as they were in the movies. On the one hand, you have moments of skill and fight choreography, as well as banter and characterisation. On the other hand, it's within a purposefully safe setting, where you know (more so than duels with characters who make it to episode 3) it's not THAT serious, and allows for more spacing and quality for the real duels.

Ideally, the sparring matches should give you a good but short indicator of the characters' level of skill, but not to extremely high levels. Plo Koon might be the superior duelist to Ki-Adi-Mundi (for example :p), and you might get a sense of that in the middle of it, but you won't see them go all out in their strikes or movements.

Meanwhile, in a real duel, let's say with Dooku and Kit Fisto, you're definitely going to see them fight to the fullest, or at least to the extent of wanting to do really major damage. Their movements would be more pronounced, their strikes swifter and more vigorous, and the mood that would have been set would be ideal.
    Of course, these would have to be spaced out, too, as they aren't the MAIN focus, and you CAN have too much of a good thing. THere's more to TCW than lightsaber combat. :p

19. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    It would be interesting to see some training scenes in the Jedi temple like that - all Jedi would need to train, especially now that the clone wars are raging and they need to ensure they don't get rusty.

The Dooku training Grievous thing would be interesting to see, since Grievous mentioned he got training from Dooku before he faces Obi-Wan. After bring overpowered by Fisto in "Lair of Grievous", we haven't seen him since, so perhaps he has improved since then. But it would be interesting to see Dooku actually train him and mention the type of Jedi he may face and their strengths and weaknesses - since he would have insider knowledge on them.

20. nobeazer

nobeazer Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2007
    The Clone Wars needs more violence and a good John Williams score.

21. Yehann

Yehann Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2008
    * Separatist victories, the Republic can't win THAT often
    * Battle droids that don't say stupid things
    * Bounty Hunters (We're getting a ton in Season 2)
    ** Boba Fett!
    * Should be Darker

22. luvlucas-com

luvlucas-com Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2009
    it needs owen lars and for him to say "stay here and dont get involved" its always annoyed me that anakin just takes off in aotc theres no good bye shown,unless that pure rudeness of anakin is why owen appears not to like him in anh.

23. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Indeed, it would be great if the show took some time to develop Owen a bit further and establish the relationships we glimpsed at in the OT.

It would be great if Anakin stopped in Tatooine in some moment of personal crisis (Ahsoka's death?) and almost gave up on the whole Jedi/Clone Wars thing, being counseled by Owen to stay there and not get involved with this crazy war. In the end of course, his temper would win out and he'd rejoin the ranks.

24. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Droids who are actually a threat. My air conditioner is far more impressive
    than anything Anakin and Ahsoka have come up against, and it doesn't run
    around the neighborhood gargling, "Roger, Roger!"

At least not since I fixed it.

Edt/ I think developing Owen's character is a great idea.

25. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, the show has improved in this regard. In some episodes, like Hidden Enemy, battle droids are considerably more menacing and effective in facing the Republic forces. Plus the introduction of Commando Droids added a very dangerous foe.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.