main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon The Clone Wars or the ROTS soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Atticus, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Which one do you think I should get. I got some money back from my tax return and was having a hard time deciding on one.

2. sentinelsquad

sentinelsquad Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    I'd say the ROTS Soundtrack. The AOTC OST was not as exciting or original as TPM's. Hopefully the change in moods from AOTC to ROTS will create a good, original soundtrack.

3. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    rots, all the way

4. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    That's the one I was leaning towards getting. Plus I heard it came with a DVD with footage of ROTS and a Music Video. So I think I'll get it.

5. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
  6. oregonjedi

oregonjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    rots soundtrack should be really good and comes with a dvd. for me, the clone wars cartoon is definately what i would use more in the long run, but you can always get it later, maybe even as part of a set with vol II when that is finally released. mostly though, only way to listen to the soundtrack on your own time and watch the video is to buy it, but you can rent the clone wars or watch it on starwars.com untill you can afford to buy both. not sure which episodes you need hyperspace for, but its free if you sign up for insider...

7. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Bought the soundtrack this morning and listened to it while I went to sleep. All I can say is that I love John Williams and I love Lucas. It's a GREAT soundtrack and I can't wait to hear it with the movie. Also the ending theme before it goes to credits is going to rock on the big screen.

8. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Screw that, you should have just went with my book! ;) haha, j/k

Yeah I picked up the soundtrack today, it's marvelous. I thought the soundtrack to AOTC was fantastic, though.

I think people get caught up in the moment in calling the single from ROTS the best yet, because it clearly isn't. Duel of the Fates and Across the Stars were a million times better as singles than this ROTS one, Battle of the Heroes. Don't get me wrong this is a great one and will fit wonderfully into the movie, but I listened to Duel of the Fates 100 times on that single disc they came out with early, before Celebration I, and I still couldn't get enough of it. Across the Stars is one of the most beautiful pieces I've heard in any film, it's fantastic. And I loved how AOTC ends with the imperial march theme. I found the AOTC soundtrack highly compelling. And it's still not out on CD yet, the entire thing, that is. Really makes me mad. I went and complained about that at the Star Wars Celebration this year. They said they've gotten lots of requests for it.

9. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I agree with you. I remember there was a thread for which theme was the best and some people were saying Battle of Heroes was better the Duel of Fates. After relistening to Duel of Fates on the Bonus DVD, Battle of Heroes can't replace it. Although I'm glad they aren't going to reuse Duel of Fates for the Duel, we really do need something new.

10. medfordforcemaster

medfordforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    duel of fates is definitely the best!!! i have it up there with imperial march for best SW song. best thing about fates, anything with battle, it goes well with. sound editing can do so much with it. john williams does a great job. um, is the ROTS soundtrack for sale?? i didnt see it in the papers sunday?????

PS-hell, atticus, just wait till they come out with the two disc specials for both. you know they are gonna do it, more money

11. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Best Buy has the ROTS soundtrack for only $12. It also comes with a DVD with some of the main themes throughout all 6 films, I guess they are vignettes and/or montages. It's also about 70 minutes in length. Plus it has new footage of ROTS in one of them.

12. oregonjedi

May 9, 2002
    i bought mine last night. like it. but you are right, both the aotc and tpm had a song each that was really amazing and so far I havent heard anything that really stands alone on this soundtrack....

13. sentinelsquad

sentinelsquad Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    I also bought the ROTS soundtrack. In fact, I'm listening to it right now! I agree, Duel of the Fates is better than Battle of the Heroes.

Only 2 weeks!!!!!

14. oregonjedi

May 9, 2002
    I thought that tracks 9 and 10 were by far the best on the CD.

Did any of you find that the cd sounds like it skips on track 7 about 17 seconds into it, and then again betwen 17 seconds and 22 seconds? The cd itself doesnt jump time, sounds like there was a skip in the original recording....

15. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I think that I like ROTS soundtrack the best. I didn't really like the TPM soundtrack that much, with the exception of Duel of Fates and the End Credits, AOTC I liked about half of it and ROTS I LOVE. I have listned to it nonstop and love every song.

16. medfordforcemaster

medfordforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    just about to leave to go get my copy!!! sounds like its gonna be a solid soundtrack. and the game comes out tomorrow, for those who want to see cutscenes from the game. go check it out!!!

17. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I think the ROTS soundtrack is really moody, really good, I can tell it's going to fit wonderfully. But I don't agree that it's better than TPM and AOTC's soundtracks. I feel that those soundtracks stand alone a bit better than ROTS, as was said, but that is my early opinion. I need to see it with the film and listen to it way more before I give any sort of final opinion.

I loved the ANH medal ceremony music that plays at the credits of ROTS, that is kind of odd but awesome. I just don't find that any track of the ROTS soundtrack really stands out, I feel that it's all strong and contributes to the feeling that we're supposed to get, these common themes, etc. I really like it! But I have loved every Star Wars soundtrack.

I think I liked the TPM soundtrack the best of the prequel trilogy, actually, because a few of my favorite themes are in there and I loved the ending celebration music (sped up Imperial March version), Duel of the Fates, some of the Tatooine music, and the music as the Federation ships are landing on Naboo at the start. I think it's a wonderful soundtrack. I hate it how some fans are just so biased they can't get it out of their heads that just because they might not have liked TPM, that doesn't mean somehow magically John Williams didn't do as good of a soundtrack. What he did with the soundtrack has nothing to do with the film's quality. One is Lucas, one is Williams. I love both, but it's just annoying. "Oh I love John Williams, I even liked the TPM and AOTC soundtracks!" -- They make it sound like, oh, wow, you EVEN liked THOSE soundtracks, now that really IS a fan! I mean come on, the quality of a film means NOTHING to its soundtrack. I've heard some wonderful scores to some mediocre films. I loved Williams' work on Seven Years in Tibet and I didn't care for the film...

18. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Yeah, I think Williams did a great job on the others. I just like ROTS because of its moodiness. The other soundtracks I have a hard time listening to as a CD, but ROTS I could listen to all day long if I wanted to, I can't wait to see what it's like with the actual film.

I agree that non of the tracks seem to stick out, they kind of all just flow smoothly together. When I listen to it I can never tell when a new track starts, It just sounds like one continuous track. I personally prefer that, I don't know why, it just seems like more a symphony piece rather than just a 2-3 minute character theme.

19. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Being a fan of John Williams since the age of 6 and an avid colletor of all his film scores, I'd have to say that ROTS wins over AOTC in content. Its themes are more powerful and the music he uses is far more compelling. Across the Stars is awesome, very romantic, very beautiful, but Battle of the Heroes offers up something a bit more dramatic. I love all the music so I find it difficult comparing at all, because they all rock.
    I to am looking forward to that ultimate edition of AOTC someday. I'm sure they're waiting to release a prequel trilogy set that will cost an arm and a leg that everyone knows they'll buy anyways. I loved TPM ultimate but didn't like the setup of the tracks. Some tracks were like 15 seconds long. That's lame.
    I'm even more exicted to hear the FULL musical score for ROTS May 19th. I'm sure there's tons of great stuff missing here. The DVD is great to!

20. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I bought the Clone Wars tonight. I was going to watch it on cartton network today but I forgot about it and caught the last hour of it. So I decided to just by it so I know what happens. It is a great cartoon, it is a shame that the 2nd volume won't be out on DVD until August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.