main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI The Clone Wars - Part One

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rick_Sith, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    OK, Here's the skinny on what's going on.

Cartoon Network is going to aire ten one hour long episodes, starting Friday, Nov. 7th.
    They will aire another ten episodes at a later date.

I will be taping as many episodes as I can. If anyone wishes to see them, you can contact me. You know my number and you can PM me here as well.

Oh, and yes, StarWars.com is showing the episodes online as well. However, you have to be a member of their Hyperspace service to be able to watch it there. Also a fast connection speed to the internet is always helpful.

Either way, we are gonna see it. Any questions or comments, feel free to post them here.

2. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, I got "Chapter One" of The Clone Wars on tape.
    Yep, all five minutes of it.

How disappointing it was when I expected so much more. I mean, five minutes? C'mon! How dare they call a five minute episode a "Chapter"

I just have to say that the next nine "Chapters" had better be longer than five minutes.

Anyway, the remaining "Chapters" will be shown Monday through Friday at 7pm on the Cartoon Network for the next two weeks. Of course I will tape them. If they are all five minutes long, I won't need more than one tape to get them all.
    I guess the good thing is that a five minute episode can't be interrupted with commercials.

Talk to you more later.

3. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Rick, they're all about 5 minutes long. So, 20 episodes at 5 minutes is an hour and 40 minutes.

I'll just wait till the DVD comes out since I'm working while it's on.

4. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Ahhh, well, that is disappointing. It seems like it would be very difficult to tell a story five minutes at a time. Guess we will find out though.
    I'm still gonna tape them all and then once I have them all, everyone is invited to drop by and see them back to back. Maybe it will make more sense that way.

With that said, the earliest weekend I could have people over would be in the biginning of December, because I may be out of town the last two weekends of this month. We'll see.

5. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Well I am back and just found out about the clone wars being on tonight. I was going to go to a concert at my school but I might be a little late now that the clone wars are on. I dont think I am going to tape them becuase I missed the first one, and I want to watch em on my big screen not the other TV. So maybe I could just copy yours when you get 'em all taped. The getting together part does sound like a plan. The start of December would work out fine for me. No more family excursions planned that I know of.

Forcebewitya!

6. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    So what do you all think of the Clone Wars cartoons thus far?

Forcebewitya!

7. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Other than being too short, they are pretty darn good.

I know that the tape I am recording isn't going to be all that great, but I think it will make me want the DVD that much more.

I kinda think they won't put out the DVD until Part Two has aired to the public. That means sometime next spring.

It would be a waste to put a DVD out for each part.

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah I like them also very much. The short time I still have a issue with, but I am totally over my complaints with the chosen art style (accept for Anakin, I really don't like anything about him in the clone wars, but thats ok). I think the problem with the short episodes is that the dialouge seems really rushed at times, I think we could get to know the characters better if we could actually hear more in depth conversations. But yeah I like it a lot my favorite chapter would definitly have to be three. I just cant get over how cool the ARC troopers are!

Forcebewitya!

9. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    GRRRRR!

I got a phone call last night that lasted much longer than it should have.

Why am I telling you this? Well, since I was on the phone, I forgot to set the VCR to record Monday night's episode. I believe it was Chapter 7.
    Now I need to record the "Previously" part of Chapter 8 so we won't miss too much, but we will miss some of it.

Maybe they will show the whole series again... who knows. Either way, I plan on buying the DVD when it comes out, regardless.

Just an FYI

10. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    This Friday, they're showing all 10 episodes. Take a look at CartoonNetwork.com and look at the schedule for Friday.

11. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    also if you have a fast computer conection you can watch the chapters on the Cartoon network, thats what I do

12. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I saw the Chapter 7 on StarWars.com

It was pretty good, but I still think Chapter 4 was the best so far.

If they are showing all ten on Friday, I might just record those and get rid of what I have already, since it looks pretty bad with it piece parted together like it is. I'm sure I would get a better recording too.

Wish I knew they were going to do that before I started going through the trouble of recording most of them already.

13. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yes so far I have liked pretty much all the clone wars cartoons that have came out. My favorite still would have to be Chapter 3 with the ARC troopers, good stuff. I did like tonights episode with Durge, however it was kind of a rip off of Akira, with the whole man eating bolbuous tentacle thing, but still it was good. The only one that I missed so far was the one where they introduced Assajj Ventress. But I think I am going to download that one really soon.

Forcebewitya!

14. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, I re-recorded the entire thing, when it was shown Friday. Now I'm happy.

I can't wait for Part Two to come out. Spring seems so far away now.

What do you guys think about what you've seen so far?

15. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I thought it was good, I enjoyed it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.