main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Plot holes Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Feb 21, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. There are plenty of inconsistencies. That's what this thread is about.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Star Wars and consistency don't really go together..

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I just thought of one big plot hole how the heck did Padme and the rest of the group get out of that bunker without releasing the Blue Shadow Virus.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Hey, for all we know, half of Naboo is ravaged by the plague.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Or the Blue Shadow Virus just wasn't that bad. From the symptoms I see besides the blue spots it looked like something the redneck cure Dayquil and Sprite could have worked on.

6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Maybe the reason everyone was really sad during the Funeral of Padmè Amidala was because the fact all of their relatives were dead.

7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Isn't it a plothole, or at least an inconsistency that alien settlements, even ones who've had no contact with the Republic often seem to speak Basic, or a primitive version at least? I guess translator droids are out of a job in TCW.

V-2 likes this.
  8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I've wondered myself that for some time. Maybe they quarantined off the entrance and sent in some medics with the antidote?

9. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Did Lok Durd know he could get killed by that cannon?

Ventrix likes this.
  10. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Bit of a fringe question: how does the existence of inconsistencies (either within the TCW whole or with the films) actually impact your enjoyment? A lot of the stuff in this thread I didn't notice, but I am generally kind of chilled about it all.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It doesn't always. It depends on whether I liked or was attached to the original depiction and the reasoning behind the inconsistency.

A lot of inconsistencies came about because Lucas, Filoni, etc. decided that they wanted to either showcase a character or group of characters or create a scenario just for dramatic effect, consistency be damned. That's annoying, and that annoyance affects my enjoyment.

12. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    One thing the series never addressed was how Poggle and Wat Tambor managed to escape from the Republic prison in order to appear in ROTS. The last time we saw them, in To Catch a Jedi, they were still incarcerated in the Galactic Justice Center on Coruscant.

13. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    In Friends and Enemies, why do Eval, Bane and Hardeen head to Nal Hutta instead of Serenno? Why not just, y'know, head straight to their actual destination instead of taking a pointless detour to the other side of the galaxy?

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Throw off pursuit?

15. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    They were using a stolen ship so it's highly unlikely that they were being tracked. And Serenno is heavily blockaded by the Separatists, so there would be no danger of them being captured once they dropped out of hyperspace.

16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I love this show but how did Anakin and Obi-Wan get Padme, Rex, and Ahsoka out of the Blue Shadow Virus Lab in Season 1?

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Dr. Vindi was too busy yelling "DOOMED! DOOMED!" to notice.

Seriously...good question.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I figure they had enough to the vaccine they just gave it to everybody and let the cat out of the bag. I always find it most messed up how there are clones walking around with Padme in her suit in just their armor which is shown not to do them any good later. Then again its messed up when Rex gives Padme a gun instead of him and Ahsoka telling her to go sit in the corner while they sort things out.

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Clone Wars I think was mainly Lucas acknowledging there was problems with his Prequel movies and probably feeling silly this show had to have came out after his PT movies were done, so these are like "Special Editioning" them. Also while the show should've been airing after Episode I or surely in 2002 and continuing until ROTS or shortly after its release, this series will be anachronistic to the movies and to the very micro series which was direct prequel to ROTS. I don't think he wanted a show set with other characters as Skywalker seems to have had a very personal connection to. Not sure of Lucas' feelings over the OT, the way he was changing stuff left and right during the production of the PT and in interviews I don't think he really liked the OT, he may of retained bad memories of it due to studio control bouts, not being the director and sole writer, not having CGI available where he can direct from his bath tub ect. I think for someone like Lucas its hard to admit he made mistakes and apologizing somewhat or making amends kinda. CW may of been away he was trying to express some of all that kinda thing while also having control of the universe he created or co-created(as other writers and artists were involved) and keep Star Wars relevant as Star Trek, LOTR and Harry Potter franchises are quite popular and competitive and the latter two definitely competition. CW was also to make a buck.

20. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Mod EDIT: No personal attacks.

21. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    The original message was pretty funny ^

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

I'm not sure I completely agree with you, but Lucas did insist that Anakin and Obi-Wan be prominent in the series, which I was happy about because that's why I started watching it. And both Anakin's character and the Anakin/Obi-Wan friendship were portrayed much better.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Cause it's Anakin and Obi-Wan, that's why, they do stuff that we don't even know how they did it.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Good one. Don't question the awesomeness that is Anakin and Obi-Wan.

25. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    What if Lok Durd was secretly a droid !? :eek: