main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Plot holes Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Feb 21, 2014.

1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Hondo tells Obi-Wan Revival that "two horned men" were planning to attack him. However, only Maul was visible in the hologram conversation they had. How did Hondo know a second Zabrak was there?

2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    'Two horned men' could mean men with two horns..?

3. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    He then calls them "horny-headed maniacs." Plural, so he had some way of knowing Savage was there even though he wasn't in the hologram nor mentioned by Maul.

I seriously need to start proofreading my posts before I hit the reply button.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe Hondo assumed that he had back up?

5. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Hadn't Maul and Savage been going on a mini rampage across the galaxy around that time? Perhaps Hondo heard about them on Holonet or something and recognized Maul when he was contacted by him, and assumed that the other Zabrak (Savage) was with him as well.

6. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    What exactly was the point of the Frangawl Clan taking Queen Julia to that moon? Couldn't they have just stolen her Living Force while they were in the lava temple?

Two from Nightsisters:

"Our scanning indicates there are no survivors," says Dooku's tactical droid, seconds after Ventress escaped the dreadnought in her damaged ship. How the heck could they have missed that?

This one's probably already been mentioned, but why did Ventress wake Dooku up with the poison dart? Why not just slit his throat while he slept?

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't think anyone's ever even tried to come up with a justification for that. :oops:

EDIT: But now that I think about it, maybe they thought his Force powers were so strong that when they got near him he would wake up? [face_dunno]

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I guess they scanned the ship after Ventress' ship left, and the scan was instantaneous? :p

Maybe if they'd tried to slit his throat he would've sensed it and awakened, and not been sleepy, and thus slaughtered them all in short order? That's what I assumed the first time I saw it, though I do admit that it's a shaky assumption.

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm pretty sure Dooku's pajamas are lightsaber resistant.

10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Speaking of Dooku's pajamas, if I didn't know better, I'd say that Dooku wearing slippers was a tribute to Peter Cushing wearing carpet slippers on set during parts of ANH:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Note that in ANH Tarkin scenes were all pretty much shot from the wait up.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Did he sleep with his slippers on,lol. More seriously how did Ventress land her ship on Dooku's homeworld let alone near his palace grounds, if anyone could do it he wouldve been dead long ago. The Nightsisters that accompany Ventress are able to leap through the air and do amazing to ridiculous acrobatics like out've a Hong Kong Kung Fu movie. Are Nightsisters somehow force users when the plot calls for it? They would need Jedi-like reflexes to be doing the things they're shown doing and to be able to hold their own against Dooku despite whether or not he was drugged which only effected his eye sight not dampen his force ability or otherwise permanently injure or main him. And why drugged, and not a deadly toxin that could kill him within seconds, heh. Come to think of Dooku had no Palace guards or any kinda security system, the sisters just walk up to the wall and cut a square door into it.

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Vorax my interpretation was that the Nightsisters all had basic physical Force powers like Force-jump and Force-speed, but only Mother Talzin and Old Daka could do more than that.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Unfortunately we have no supporting information on whether they were actually force sensitive let alone force trained. EU Nightsisters are force empowered, CW not really at all. Talzin lacks a natural force ability but her son Maul was a force sensitive, Savage they never make it clear on was he or not. Ventress is another Dathomirian force sensitive. We're left with Nightsisters just being practitioners of witchcraft and users of magiks. So how are these Nightsisters doing the same supernatural feats of leaps and acrobatics as Ventress ? Is their magiks able to mimic somehow the physicality of a Jedi who are not regular beings, their blood is supernatural or devine(midiclorians) where they're able to manipulate their surroundings and even lifeforms through will of mind over matter.

Not sure why Wookiepedia has karis under "Legends":

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Karis

14. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Why didn't Korkie and Bo-Katan arrange for an escape ship for Satine after they rescued her? Seems like pretty poor planning on their part.

For that matter, why couldn't Korkie just contact the Jedi for help himself? Why did it need to be Satine?

15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Korkie and Bo-Katan proposes a problem, all these characters are right out in the open really. The hiding behind helmet routine is dumb, its like the played out gimmick of the allied spy that always somehow subdues a German sentry and take his gear. Clone Wars appears to have its own news broadcast service and Maul and Opress were publicly put on display by Vizla as trying to take over Mandalore. So wouldnt news reach Corusant?! Maul doesnt seem to have any sorta tight security in place for this prison anymore than did Vizla did, so it becomes a joke with everyone walking out and no security alerts giving a warning something is wrong until the last minute. Maul appears also anticipate or count on the "rescue" attempt, however I don't think he even would've known for sure Kenobi would come alone to rescue her in particular- and the Republican forces and Jedi are known to not always follow the rules of sovereignty or engagement or their own laws or codes which supposedly Maul is relying on them ignoring Mandalore - because its neutral and outside the Republic. Maul relies on Kenobi getting worked up and would come personally for Satine who Maul somehow knows for sure this would occur . Kenobi lands and puts on armor which so happens to painted like Maul's skin pattern, you'd think this guy would have a suspicion at this point and maybe turn around, but nope. Kenobi barely stuck around and there was always attempts on Satine's life pretty daily why all of a sudden would he care? And if a Jedi was captured and killed on Mandalore why wouldnt the Jedi take that as act of aggression and war and just lunch their own attack with or without the Republic consent as this would be an internal matter. Maul always seems to be sending direct transmissions to the Jedi but they never want to send an entire fleet to go get him, and its always Kenobi going alone or with 1 other Jedi. I think the Jedi would put all efforts on capturing Maul who never appears to make it a secret where he is. Son of Dathomir tries to fix this issue (but its a comic)but its still a problem. I would think Yoda himself would go after Maul by this point in time, as too many of his own students are dying or failing. Plus Maul knows Palpatine is the leader of the Republic and controls both sides of the conflict, so how long did he really think he would be able to operate? And would it not have a better "plan" to actually have his soldiers set a trap net and eliminate Bo-Katan and her rogue Death Watch members while also capturing Kenobi. Maul appears to not care about the numbers of forces he loses or his own life but just wants Kenobi over and over again but by his own admission he never wanted to kill him just main him like he was maimed, so he would have to atleast focus on securing his own power base which means terminating Death Watch traitors as priority #1 but they appeared to have be operating right out in the open complete with their own "counter attacks". Maul's palace was not even heavily guarded, Sidious manages to walk right up to the entrance guarded by two guards.

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    This might be easier to read if it was broken into paragraphs.

V-2 and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    If you can quote it, you can read it.;)

*Should've been "launch not "lunch" - although I think the Jedi are often out to lunch half the time on their deduction level & strategy.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yes, I was just sharing my interpretation, I realize it is left totally ambiguous going by the content of the episodes alone.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Interestingly, the Nightsisters in the Clone Wars games did use the force and use red lightsabers:

Ign had an old page but some of the files no longer work( you can see more generic Nightsister designs and characters):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/10/16/star-wars-clone-wars-nightsisters-revealed

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yansu_Grjak

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sai_Sircu

Sai Sircu & Yansu Grjak are proto-Talzin:

[​IMG]

Despite the overall Sith Witch concept art/Talzin look, in fact I think the Hasbro Nightsister was more based upon these two as the figure also contained a red lightsaber. Their designs and that of the generic Nightsisters and even using Maul's spacecraft had to be part of the CW writers and designs, cept for whatever reason the Nightsisters were de-forced and no lightsabers(cept for the captured Jedi Lightsabers and Talzin's green mist magiksaber).

Short video of the game play here: