main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon The Clone Wars Premier

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Colt1326, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Enough! Bickering is pointless, baiting and flame wars by quoting each other's previous posts is getting rediculouse. Just keep the conversation down to a low roar, and get along before I need to bring "warnings" to those involved.

Go ahead and post about the Clone Wars movie, what you liked/disliked about it, but personal attacks for one's view or the other will not be tolerated. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

We're all "fans" here of Star Wars in what ever form it is:Movies, Toy Collecting, Comic Books, Costuming, Fan Filming, etc.

2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    No, I didn't call you out. You took whatever I said personally when it wasn't meant to be taken that way.

And being a Star Wars fan has nothing to do with how much you spend. You could have nothing but used DVDs of the Star Wars movies and be the world's biggest fan. It's about passion not about cash. If you don't love all 6 movies, you can't obviously be as big of a fan as someone who does because you the lack the passion they have. You're not a fan of the prequels, therefore you're only half the fan of someone who loves all six films. That's just simple numbers. It's not a personal insult so don't make it one.

Anyway, we should be talking about The Clone Wars if anything.

I will probably go back for my third viewing tomorrow, too much to do today, but I hope it can stick around in theaters for 3-4 weeks anyway, because it doesn't look like it has done that well so far. But it wasn't really supposed to make oodles of cash.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I saw it a couple days back, and I can't wait to see it again. How can the critics always pan these kinds of movies? I just don't see their logic.

4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Well, you and me both buddy, haha. But I guess it's not for everyone, I can see how if you're not a fan you wouldn't enjoy it as much. I don't see how you'd hate it, but I see how you'd be like meh, oh well, Star Wars, who cares. haha.

5. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Blah blah blah..... that is all I am hearing.

In one breath you claim that you are the one quantifying the film, so therefore it is good in your eyes. That's great, Bowen. I am glad that you feel that you are an authority figure on everything you deem good in your quantifications. The next breath you have the audacity to challenge any other fan here who thinks differently than you do.

If you are quantifying the film as a good movie for, then let it be just that. Give the grace and allow others to have their opinion without attacking them - yes, telling any other fan here that hey are enough of a fan because they do not like a Star Wars film is a form of atack.

Chalk it up to your philosophy major all you want. All you are doing is using your field of study as an excuse to berate others in this group. A long time, have I watched you do this. In the end you make yourself look like a jackass. Yeah, I said it. I think I speak for a lot of people here that don't really want to voice that opinion. But it is true. You alienate everyone here with your rhetoric. Rather than say positive things in a spirit of encouraging your peers in this community, you constantly insult them with your tirades. Personally, I wonder why you are even here. Correct me if I am wrong, but you aren;t even in Oregon anymore. So what do you care what we think up here? Why do you bother to post, instead of getting plugged into your own local fanforce.

I grow tired of the insults. I grow tired of you spouting off as if you are the cream of the fanboy crop around here. I'm offended that you think it is ok to insult the parents of this community because your disdain toward children, or toward your fellow fans because you hold yourself up to a certain standard - your standard. Well your standard is not my standard. And most certainly it is not the same standard as anyone else in here. Standards and opinions on the subject, any subject, are SUBJECTIVE to the individual.

I'm sure if there was a poll cast to see how many friends you have in this local community, the number would be extremely low. But I suspect your comeback to this is that you don't care what people think of you. Ok, fair enough. Then why bother coming around?

You aren't the high and mighty fannboy you think yourself to be. Nobody, NOBODY is more or less of a fan of Star Wars than the next. As you so elloquently pointed out in defining your quantifications of how you rate movies, it is SUBJECTIVE. Just as your thoughts of what is good is subjective, so is everybody's else's! My God, man, if we all have the same exact opinion, the same exact mentality then we would have nothing to share or contribute to discussion. Life would be pretty freaking boring.

So, if this ruffles your feathers, then good! I got my point across. Perhaps you should mull it over and think about what I am saying and how you come across to your peers here. Respect is a two way street, Bowen. If you want it you need to pay it in kind. I have yet to see you demonstrate any kind of tolerance or respect to any of your peers in the OFF. With you, it is your opinion that counts and everyone else is wrong. I am glad that you think so highly of yourself. Bottom line, there is what you think and there is what is..... you think you are the end all, be all and know all that which is Star Wars. What is, you are no more or less than anyone else here!

- Bill

6. Blackthorpe

Blackthorpe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Not to promote this bickering, but well said, Bill.

I'm hoping to get to the theater tomorrow to catch the movie. I've heard really mixed reviews from people that I know and trust, so we'll see. As always, I'm going in open minded but not expecting much.

7. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Lets all take the cue from jawafett and be cool.

I like Star Wars so does everyone else here. So that atleast we all have in common.

I hear there will be a Star Wars cartoon series from this film.

Anyone know what happened to the live action TV series?

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hey, it's Star Wars. Even if it is animated, it is still SW, and will always be. Fans will like it, and the critics are always hating good movies. :rolleyes:

9. SigmaRue

SigmaRue Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2008
    Yes =/

In a really, really pedo way. Those always seemed to be the shots that they stayed on the longest, too. Then they had nicknames after knowing each other a good ten minutes. I just thought the pacing was off for the most part. And Anakin's blatant... thing with Padme at the end. Yeeeeah.

10. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Hey Ahsoka was pretty cute, you can't blame Anakin! He probably was like, darn, she's another species, well I'll make an exception this time.

haha, just kidding. I'm friends with Ahsoka on MySpace, though ;)

11. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    The Clone Wars Series starts in the fall airs on Cartoon Network, and TNT. As for the live action TV series, we're looking at late 2009 or 2010 to see it.
    The Clone Wars still has some great action sequences, just seeing the clones doing their battle movements is awesome. There's even camera shakes and all just like AOTC. I'm hoping to see some Republic Commando action in the upcoming series, and their Mando trainers.

-Eric

12. Blackthorpe

Blackthorpe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Why does Anakin have a padawan, anyway? That seems odd to me. I mean, if he successfully trains a padawan, wouldn't that make him a master by ROTS? And she was never mentioned before, so what happened to her? Is she going to die in the series? I can't see that happening in a kids' show. According to Wookieepedia, she is 5.9 years younger than Anakin at 14, which may be too young for the looks you guys are talking about. But Anakin is married and in the past has had eyes only for Padme, so I will certainly be watching out for that when I see this one.

13. TatooineForceRecon

TatooineForceRecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    Haven't you heard? In the Star Wars universe there is no such thing as continuity. [face_laugh]

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Well, not necessarily. It also brings up the question of Knights training more than one padawan before becoming a Master. Also, it brings up the question; is Obi-Wan a Master at this point in the storyline?

Still, it may have a few continuity issues, but that is a minor thing.

15. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    It was never said that Anakin didn't have a padawan, so it's certainly not inconsistent.

The live action series is most likely not 2009 to 2010, the range we were just given by Lucasfilm was 2010 to 2012, depending on the speed of getting the elements together. I hope it comes together in 2010 but I'm betting it takes another year from that.

16. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    We don't know that she will die yet. They could take her away from Anakin at some point. Her fate could be random when she is away from Anakin. I personally would love to see Anakin kill her, not because I don't like her, but I don't think they will do that in this series.

There is definitely no sexual tension between the two. If you listen to Force cast, the girl that does Ahsoka's voice said unequivocally that it does not exist. They have a brother/sister relationship at the most.
    They are working on season 2 already, so she knows.

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It takes a while to make each animated episode, so I'm not surprised that they're already working on the second season.

18. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah they're finished with 30+ episodes of the initial 100 already, so we're told.

I like Ahsoka's voice.

19. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    The Star Wars universe is very consistent...............If it makes Lucas money......it's Star Wars. [face_money_eyes]

--------------

Oops, sorry. I forgot, no Lucas bashing. My Bad. [face_shame_on_you]

20. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Why should it take a long time? From what I hear (I have not seen it yet) the animation is fairly simple, and the story line may even be simpler. They can probably pump these out fairly fast.

---------

Again, I'm sorry. I seem to be getting a bit negative lately.[face_tired]

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    But you still have to animate them, and that takes a little while. So, for 100 episodes, it could take 2-3 years to complete them all. It doesn't have anything to do with the simplicity of the plot; it all has to do with the difficulty of what is being animated. Battle scenes, for example, need multiple layers because of all of the elements (characters, fire, lightsabers, background), it would take a while to make them, and then they have to look good as well, so it takes longer to do more complex scenes.

However, the animation isn't as difficult as other feature film projects; they're not trying to make the characters perfect replications of humans, which would allow them to cut some time on develoing the look of those characters (and they already have basic templates of all the characters from the movie).

22. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    The animation is quite beautiful, I think, I am sure it takes a lot of time to get it right.

What some people are complaining about seriously shows what idiots they are, or how unrealistic they are about the real world. They apparently thought that the Star Wars feature film was, first of all, not an introduction to the TV series but actually a 7th feature, not just technically but in intent, and that somehow the hair should have all been animated photo-realistically and that every single movement and every single element should look like a Pixar movie, even though Pixar has a team that will spend 3-4 years making one feature and Lucasfilm Animation is trying to make 100 episodes of the animated series in the same period of time. That is when YOU KNOW people's expectations are seriously out of whack. Also they haven't heard of anything called animation style. They apparently think there is no such thing as a style of animation, there's just "great" and "crappy." Actually, the Clone Wars CG animated series is a specific style, a type of animation, and they were very faithful to that type of animation. It's not meant to look like Pixar, or to look like a Disney traditionally animated film, or to look just like Japanese Anime, or any other thing. It's a different style.

I guess simple things that people with an IQ above 100 should understand are simply lost amidst the hype. I don't know.

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Exactly; if it looked like any other style, then that would be the grounds for a legal battle, so they had to find a style of animation that would work for the show and movie.

24. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    On Friday I chatted with a friend about the movie (Who is also a big SW fan) and he said that The Clone Wars "was" mainly for kids. He actually said that he fell asleep during the film (Blasphemy !!). However, he did recommend that I see it........"as a rental". :confused:

Now, my question to all of you who have seen it already. Do you think that The Clone Wars movie should have been a feature film, shown in theaters, or simply aired on TV as a premier to the forthcoming TV show? Did Lucas reach too far, and cheat us by putting out what is clearly a premier to a TV show, out in theaters? Is it worthy to be a theater movie?

I know, I know......you are probably all thinking.....why is Crash so down on this film when he has not even seen it yet.

Well, the fact is, I was very excited about the movie. I was counting the days, and really getting into the hype. I was even planning to see it the first day, but family stuff got in the way. But when I heard the first reports about it, I was very dissapointed. Without seeing the film, I felt cheated and used. Used by the Lucas money machine. From what I hear, it seems that the Lucas studios are only trying the use their fan base to make more money. I have no problem with Lucas Films putting out a TV show at lesser quality, but to market and hype a TV show as a movie, and charge fans $8 to $10 to see it, is not fair to the fans.

I have been finding it harder and harder to be a Star Wars fan. It seems that we are just being used by Lucas Films. We wait years for a new product to come out, gleam on to every word that Lucas says during interviews......what is planned next, what is the time line, where will it be set? Only to get average to low quality work at the end.

Is this going to be the legacy of Star Wars?

Is Lucas Films going to keep putting out low quality products, just to make more and more money, until the Star Wars name and memory is trivialized?

If this all Lucas Films is giving us this time, what about the next TV show? You know, the show that been Top Secret, "for Lucas eyes only", thats been pushed back farther and farther in the future, that we are all salivating for. The one that will have "real" actors. Will that be just another disappointment to fans?

I will now go meditate, to call upon the Force for guidance.

25. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    My goodness crashdown!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.