main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The clone wars proves that uncle owen was telling the truth to luke!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by obi-rob-kenobi4, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    ......From a certain point of view that is:-B

This wookiepedia article i found says that since "the Twilight" is an old spice freighter uncle owen was "in a way" telling the truth "from a certain point of view".;)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Twilight_(ship)

look at the end in the "behind the scenes" section and it says it. I thought this was awesome when i read it.=D=

2. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Twilight being a spice freighter was established in dialogue in the Clone Wars movie.

4. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Wow, I never thought of that. It would be cool if they used the ship through the whole series.

5. darthdoomonous

darthdoomonous Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2008
    how on earth would owen know that didnt, realise him and anakin were keeping in touch,now in starwars we always seem to find way to go back to tatooine {mainly the computer games} the clone wars movie was ok because that is where jabba lives but if they do decide to go back there again please let anakin and owen actualy talk to each other,would definetly make watching ROTS and ANH flow into each other easier.i just want owen to say "stay here dont get involved"

i recently watched ROTS and ANH with my sister in law and she kept picking up on these inconsistencys {in obi-wans home}

6. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    That would be cool to hear Owen say that, but it's not necc. because I just take it that it was Owen encouraging Luke to go with him.

But man oh man it would be so sweet to see another scene with Luke and Owen and Owen telling Anakin things were getting bad and they should go home. Also, they can show that Cliegg has died or something to wrap that up. Maybe why the graves aren't there anymore.

And maybe we can even go back to Mos Eisley and see the cantina one more time. Back when it was newish. please please please.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, he did say "Where are you going?"... close enough, right? [face_worried][face_whistling]

8. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    I guess its just implied that thats how he felt but i know what you mean. It would have been nice if they talked a little bit more, thats the only problem i have with AOTC and it could be fixed with one sentence. But the way i see it is that the stuff obi-wan told luke in ANH is the audience being told for the first time and since it was alredy said there we dont need it spelled out for us but just the reason for it and we saw the implied reason in AOTC witch was that if anakin was home to be with his mother she wouldn't have gotten killed and owens father wouldn't have gotten crippled. So if you pay attention you can see the reason why owen would disagree with anakin going off planet instead of staying where he belonged.

9. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Hmm...perhaps they could do an episode where Anakin visits Owen and maybe encourage him to marry Beru. And then Kitster tries kill to them.

10. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    The line from ANH is Luke: "My father didn't fight in the wars, he was a navigator on a spice freighter"

Owen Lied.

11. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Not necessarily. Clone Wars is going to be a lot of screentime covering a lot of territory. They probably won't pass up the opportunity to have Owen and Anakin interact again.

Who knows, they may have already, right after returning Rotta to Jabba. Maybe Owen helped Anakin get the parts he needed to repair the Twilight! So Owen might know that Anakin was flying around on a spice freighter without necessarily knowing that he was involved in the Clone Wars. Or a very similar sequence could happen in a future episode.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    What's with every ship we come across being a spice freighter? The Twilight looks more like a high end military-grade transport....heck the cockpit module came straight from the Lambda-class shuttle.

13. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    It's still a lie given that Anakin did in fact fight in the Clone Wars.

14. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    I'd have to say Owen lied. The entire galaxy knew about Anakin Skywalker, the hero with no fear. So he knew Anakin fought in the clone wars. Besides, he definitely knew Anakin was a Jedi, not a frieght navigator as a profession, so he lied via omission even if by chance his head was buried in the sand and he'd not heard about the hero with no fear.

15. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well Tatooine is very far removed from practically anything happening to the rest of the galaxy. Besides if the Empire could make the Core worlds forget about the Jedi, then what's there to say the Outer Rim would care about them?

16. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Exactly. It all boils down to what you pay attention to. And the war, from a Tatooine resident's perception, was all so far away.

An good analogy would be to pick a hugely popular, famous, influential, current band and have it's lead singer walk up to me on the street. Odds are very good I'm not going to have a clue who he or she is!

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The ANH novelization stated that Owen lied, as did the film itself ( but that was when Obi-Wan's story was itself believed to be the truth ).

18. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Duh! LOL.

Also, if Owen was to say the line to Anakin wouldn't Obi-wan have to be there as well to hear it.

I figure Anakin or Padme just told Obi-wan about this. Padme could have talked with Owen and Beru while Anakin was out hunting for his mother and Owen could have been like he should just stay here (when he finds his mom) and not get involved with all this stuff going on.

I have no problem with any of this as present.

19. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    =D==D==D==D=

Thats a very very good explanation, you sir should be awarded one internet.;)

20. LordHibbidyhai

LordHibbidyhai Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    Or maybe they can stay far far away from Tatooine, because I don't need it to see it any more than I already have.

21. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    Just out of curiosity, does it say anything about how owen felt about anakin in the AOTC novel? Or anything along thoughs lines?:confused:

22. Dartheater

Dartheater Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2008
    [face_thinking] In the book of legend of obi wan it says that owen hated and feared anakin cause he saw what he did.aka killed a hecka lota tuskens.:confused: [face_idea]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.