main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the clone wars really doesn't matter!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by obi-rob-kenobi4, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Well the thing is that they are basically palpatines personal army,not the people or the jedi,but the dorids are also his personal army so the war really is just him pitting both sides against each other in new and creative ways.Thats what makes it a fake war.A good example would be the battle of kamino,palpatine made the droids go there just so they could loose.

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    That makes it a "fixed" award, not a fake. ;)

EarthKnight: Flying in a no-fly zone is illegal. And, if I am right, they had been ordered to leave no witnesses. So, that's another thing to consider.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Except they did leave a witness - "don't worry about him; let him go" - so it couldn't have been that important.

In the SW databank it says that the clones detained the freedom fighters on planets like Utapau and Kashyyyk to further strengthen their control of the planet. Such planets were placed under martial law. The freedom fighters were taken into custody - NOT killed - by the clones. According to the wookieepedia, the freedom fighters of Utapau were deported to Byss as slaves, and Wookiee freedom fighters were used in the construction of the Death Star. Their aiding of the Jedi, or opposition to being controlled by the Republic's army, probably got them labeled as traitors.

4. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Either way you look at it, those clones stabbed the allies in the back.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    But they stabbed them in the back because they were ordered to- they weren't all of sudden told "go ahead, boys! Go do what you've secretly been wanting to do all this time!". They were ordered to kill Jedi traitors on sight (by association anyone helping Jedi would be legitimate military targets) and detain the freedom fighters, which they obeyed because that's what they were designed to do.

6. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    I couldn't care less if the CW animated causes problems for the EU books and comics that have been done. Half the time I figure the books and comics got stuff wrong anyway what with characters and Jedi acting contrary to established canon. Really it was the novelists and comic writers who needed to think a little harder before blazing out and brashly writing whatever caught their fancy. If CW brings us back toward the original SW feel, I will be extremely happy. Not that I didn't enjoy the novels and Vos was awesome (and GL even asked that he not be killed so maybe we'll see him?), but overall, I am very excited about the upcoming movie and series because I am praying it will retcon some of the other stuff I saw as nonsensical. Plus, some of us just love the CW era and the more stories the merrier. I think even some of the established canon will be tainted as well (i.e., Ahsoka) , but I don't really care about that either, just bring me more battles, character interaction, clones and enemies ...oh...and lots of space battles and I will be extremely content.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That really wasn't that much of a problem with the CW-era EU material, since most of that material used the movie scripts and such in advance to work up to.

8. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    While I'm excited about the Clone Wars film, I do agree with the OP to an extent. I'd love to see stories from before the events of Episode 1, to see the Jedi going about their normal business in a time of relative peace. The conflicts could be more personal rather than on the epic scale of the films. Or it would be interesting to go back even further to the war between the Jedi and the Sith. Lucas could probably make another six films just about that.

9. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    Well the jedi/sith war would be better becouse lets not forget that the whole idea of TPM is that there has been relative peace for the 1000 years since that war until the corruption in the senate started.

10. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    That seems to be how it went down during Order 66. Remember Palpatine only said 'Execute Order 66' and the clones amazingly knew exactly what to do: kill the Jedi, all allies, and civilians. They knew what was going on. They faked everyone out. Which is why I have a hard time getting in to the clones.

They're actually more evil than Palpatine.

11. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    You are still sorely mistaken. The "amazingly knew" what to do because they are extremely talented and obedient soldiers. They were told what to do in the event of Order 66 and they did. And I would suggest reading this. Of note in that link is this:
    You see, they were not "evil", they were doing what they were told from the Commander in Chief, that guy that controls the Army and the Republic. So, they thought the Jedi were traitors - "evil" in your words I would say - and acting against the thing they were sworn to protect: The Republic (not the Jedi ;)).

And, they are not more evil than Palps. Palps knew what he was doing was turning the Clones against the Jedi so they would die. The Clones didn't. They were acting for what they believed was the best interest of the Republic.

12. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Still either way, they knew about it before all the battles. Which means they were faking everyone out.

13. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    These are Contingency Plans...Read this to see what that means. In short, it is a rule that is put into place in case something went wrong. They did not know this was going to happen. It was a precaution. So, they weren't faking anyone out. ;)

14. obi-rob-kenobi4

Apr 17, 2007
    The question is not weather the clonetroopers/stormtroopers are evil its weather or not it is a fake war witch my opinion is that its definitely a fake war. As for the clonetroopers they ARE the stormtroopers becouse the whole reason that they were put in the PT was to show how the stormtroopers came to be.So if the stormtroopers are ment to be the evil army's of the empire in the OT it is safe to say that they are also ment to be evil in the PT.The whole idea of ROTS was that they are finally the bad guys again that replace the droids as being the "goons" that every one runs from and looks out for.[face_coffee]

15. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    For me, as someone who grew up literally seeing all the original films in the theater, the question the PT answered about the stormtroopers was more than that. We used to debate whether they were all clones or not. Were they robots? Who was Boba Fett? Not only did we see the evolution of the troopers from droids, but they were all human and clones. All the troopers in Episodes 4-6 apparently look like Jango. In addition, they had little to no free thought as we saw in RotS. At any given moment, Palapatine could command them and bend their will.

16. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    YES. This guy understands.

Sure, the war was a setup, but the clones didn't know that. Dooku and Sidious did. It doesn't make the war any less important. The clones thought they were on the good side, fighting for the republic. When it 'turned out' the Jedi were 'traitors' against the republic, they just did what they were ordered to.

FCS, stop being so amazingly stubborn and stop arguing that the clones were faking everyone out all along. You just don't understand the story.

17. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    The clones were trained as fighting machines. They prorbly knew all orders by heart, from Order 1 up to whathaveyou. It would be logical since it would make many things a lot easier in a war. If Plapls had said 'Execute Order 65' the clones would have done so without second thought too....

[face_thinking]

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Exactly- the Orders weren't "this will happen", they were "in the event this happens".

Same way a soldier knows what to do if his commanding officer is killed or wounded in battle- they have established orders on what to do in such a situation, but it doesn't mean the solider knows it's going to actually happen. He's just ready if it does.

19. Darth_Napoleon_MN

Darth_Napoleon_MN Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2004
  20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I never did understand why Cody and the other clone commanders started referring to Palpatine as "my lord" after Order 66. He lacked the power at that time to really be considered a "lord." This was before Palpatine declared the New Order mind you. I didn't know if it was just an error in the script that made its way into the film...

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Most likely it's just the response they were trained to give in response to receiving Order 66, as opposed to, say, "Sir! Yes, sir!".

22. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    :eek:
    So that's how you write that?
    :oops:
    I have some editing to do.
    It's a fun phrase though.:D

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    What? "Sir! Yes, sir!"?

24. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yes.
    it sounds kinda stupid, but fun.
    I use it in a fanfic, but I couldn't find a written version to copy...[face_blush]
    My drill sergeant will be happy, no doubt.[face_laugh]

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I'm only guessing that that's how it's written out, but it seems right to me ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.