main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary The Clone Wars Season 1 Release Date

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Here it is from the press release:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars? The Complete Season One is coming to DVD and high-definition Blu-ray Disc November 3 from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Warner Home Video.

Mark your calenders.

2. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    [image=http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/CloneWars_ComplS1_DVD.jpg]

and here is the cover artwork.

3. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Just three more days!! Season 1 is released on Tuesday![face_dancing] :-B

4. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    This has been such a long wait!

5. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    And it looks like it is going to be longer. After going to many stores with no sign of the set, I asked someone at an HMV to look it up. There was some code or comment in their system, that shipping to pretty much all of Canada and all stores has been delayed. No reason give/listed, but I was told to check back in a week. :(

6. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    That explains why I couldn't find it anywhere listed. I did however get my Sith Edition of Force Unleashed

7. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Ok here's the info that I have been digging up on this so here goes:

HMV:

- Blu-Ray $64.99 and available at the following locations Signal Hill (5 copies), TD Square (14 copies), and Chinook (6 copies).

- DVD $56.99 and available at the following locations Signal Hill (5 copies), TD Square (12 copies), and Chinook (11 copies).

Future Shop:

- Blu-Ray $59.99 and NONE AVAILABLE IN THE CITY, no information available on there website so it maybe next week before they get this one in stock.

- DVD $59.99 and available at the Dearfoot Meadows and NE Calgary locations, no idea how many they have in stock.

Best Buy:

- Blu-Ray $59.99 and NONE AVAILABLE IN THE CITY, no information available on there website so it maybe next week before they get this one in stock.

- DVD $49.99 and available at the Dearfoot Meadows, Northland, and Westhills locations, no idea how many they have in stock.

Wal-Mart:

- Blu-Ray not listed on there website and none found in stores, as I know some of us were out a few times this week looking for it.

- DVD $53.83 and is listed on there website and has been seen in store by other members.

Most of my information I got from the stores websites, but I mean COME ON THIS IS F@#$%%^%^%^ SAD!!!. How could some major retailers over look this release and not have it for the street date, WEAK!!!!!.

I know I'm buying mine from the US as I don't want any french on my packaging, sorry but it looks way better then the canadian release. But that won't be for a few weeks and were there any exclusive version that anyone knows about. In my research I haven't found anything.

So keep looking.

8. winbrant

winbrant Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Picked up my copy at Northlands BestBuy this morning...didn't know they had a Grand Opening (for Westhills)as it was busy this morning...balloons, draws, promos...

They weren't on the shelf...they weren't in "new Releases"...found about a dozen of them on the bottom shelf of a stock cart...it was the colour that caught my eye.

Also, they had other SW items as well...4GB USB sticks (Darth, Yoda, Boba, Stormie) for $29.99 They at regular Funko Bobbleheads as well as the "deformed" variety as well...$15.

The USB sticks were interesting but 4GB for $30? and, given the size of the body, no other USB stick (or peripheral) could be plugged-in beside it so practicality is nil...though the novelty is there.

TTYL, w

9. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    They have the DVD at Deerfoot Wal Mart, but I am waiting to get a Blu Ray.

10. PADAWAN-JOHN68

PADAWAN-JOHN68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2008
    Hey guys I just got my Star Wars Clone Wars Season 1 at H M V in Sundrige Mall,today
    the price is $59.99 !!!!8-}[face_dancing][:D] Yeah I fell good!!!!

11. PADAWAN-JOHN68

Apr 27, 2008

12. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Was it the Blu-Ray, John? Or just the regular version??

13. PADAWAN-JOHN68

Apr 27, 2008
    It was just the regular version

14. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Still no sign of the Blu-Ray verion at most stores. I doubt the claims of HMV having it in stock.

15. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    HMV downtown had it for $64.99....Best Buy advertised the blu-ray version for $49.99. But they don't have it in stock yet!!:mad:

16. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    i got my Blu ray copy when i was in ON at HMV which from what i got from talking employee's Bestbuy didn't get their shippment, futureshop got the dvd version but not the Blu ray.. walmarts where hit n' miss as to which ones got the dvd version but no blu ray and HMV seemed to be the only ones that got both Blu ray and DVD versions and Ryan the canadian copy has no french on it.. the only french that was there was on the paper fold over to say that it's blu ray so once you open that plastic there will be no more french any where on or inside the booklet box... i checked this past weekend in saginaw michigan and the US didn't get anything different in packaging then we got

17. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    So far I haven't seen it in regular or Blu-Ray here in Edmonton :(

18. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm going hunting again for the BD version in Calgary again today (Thursday).

19. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Good luck. I'm hoping to score it here this weekend somewhere, I can't for the life of me figure out how this can be misshipped so widely but every other lesser series or films can still find their ways onto shelves

20. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Woohoo! Got my BD copy today! Yeah, could have saved $5 if most stores hadn't screwed up, but oh well!

21. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    got mine too :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.